🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Romney harassed homosexual

It didn't happen.
Sister of Alleged Romney Target Has ‘No Knowledge’ of Any Bullying Incident - ABC News

The older sister of Mitt Romney’s former high school classmate said she has no knowledge of any bullying incident involving her brother and the GOP presidential candidate.

Christine Lauber of South Bend, Ind., had not seen the Washington Post’s story that described an incident when Mitt Romney bullied her brother, but said she was aware of the story. The incident centered around Romney allegedly holding the scissors to help cut the hair of John Lauber, who was presumed to be gay and who had long hair.

Democrats might be ready to claim that Lauber's sister just doesn't remember her brother's hair being cut. No one ever told her that her brother suddenly had shorter hair.
“The family of John Lauber is releasing a statement saying the portrayal of John is factually incorrect and we are aggrieved that he would be used to further a political agenda. There will be no more comments from the family,” she said.

Even ABC is questioning the timing of this factually erroneous fabrication calling it suspicious. Since Rommey now leads obama by 7 points, the lies will be coming "fast and furious".

It depends on whether her brother was a resident of Stevens Hall at the Cranbrook School like Mittens was. If he was a resident it is unlikely the sister was in constant contact with Lauber and really had any direct knowledge.

hazing has killed people and this was assault.

look at you fucking criminal minds DEFENDING children assaulting other children

It didn't happen.
Sister of Alleged Romney Target Has ‘No Knowledge’ of Any Bullying Incident - ABC News

The older sister of Mitt Romney’s former high school classmate said she has no knowledge of any bullying incident involving her brother and the GOP presidential candidate.

Christine Lauber of South Bend, Ind., had not seen the Washington Post’s story that described an incident when Mitt Romney bullied her brother, but said she was aware of the story. The incident centered around Romney allegedly holding the scissors to help cut the hair of John Lauber, who was presumed to be gay and who had long hair.

Democrats might be ready to claim that Lauber's sister just doesn't remember her brother's hair being cut. No one ever told her that her brother suddenly had shorter hair.
“The family of John Lauber is releasing a statement saying the portrayal of John is factually incorrect and we are aggrieved that he would be used to further a political agenda. There will be no more comments from the family,” she said.

Even ABC is questioning the timing of this factually erroneous fabrication calling it suspicious. Since Rommey now leads obama by 7 points, the lies will be coming "fast and furious".

It depends on whether her brother was a resident of Stevens Hall at the Cranbrook School like Mittens was. If he was a resident it is unlikely the sister was in constant contact with Lauber and really had any direct knowledge.

Heck..it's not like people talk about these things anyway.

I found out like 30 years after it happened that my Aunt's lech husband came on to my sister when she was babysitting their kids.

Twat

Nobody defended the alleged action... people who live in the real world know the difference between the actions and decisions of children compared to the actions and decisions of adults... people in the real world also recognize the social jockeying, taunting, violence, of the adolescent world as the youths go thru raging hormones and deal with complexities in social interaction with incomplete development and understanding

Give it up

Except it never happened. The eye witness doesn't remember it. The family denies it. The only ones who say it happened are democrats one of which works on the obama campaign.

Assuming some people would believe the story, while hazing has killed people, getting a haircut is not responsible for a single death world wide. Not even getting a BAD haircut has ever killed anyone.

It didn't happen.

It sounds like the family is denying that he was gay....not that there's anything wrong with it.

The story has been debunked, the dead guy's family is extremely upset, Romney apologized for being a prankster not for "bullying a homosexual" and the left wants to keep this going.

Smoke and mirrors to distract from the Dems failed policies. I have to admit, Obama is pretty smart but we "know" him a little better now. In spite of the fact his past is under lock and key.

How can they debunk an event that happened in a boarding school. They weren't there.

Five classmates coming forward is enough confirmation for me.

Former Romney Classmate Describes ‘Bullying Supreme’ – A ‘Pack of Dogs’ Who Targeted ‘Different’ Boy - ABC News

Asked if he has any doubt that what Romney did could be considered bullying, Maxwell responded, “Oh my god, are you kidding? … I castigated myself regularly for not having intervened. I would have felt a lot better about myself had I said, ‘Hey, enough.’”

“When I saw the look on his [Lauber's] face, it was a look I’ll never forget,” said Maxwell. “When you see a victim, the sense of trust betrayed in this boy who was perfectly innocent for being different.”
“This was bullying supreme,” he said.

Maxwell told ABC News that he is a registered independent, generally votes for Democrats, but has voted Republican in the past. He said he would have voted for Romney’s father, George Romney, had he won the presidential nomination. He says he has not donated to President Obama, nor has he volunteered for him.

Except it never happened. The eye witness doesn't remember it. The family denies it. The only ones who say it happened are democrats one of which works on the obama campaign.

Assuming some people would believe the story, while hazing has killed people, getting a haircut is not responsible for a single death world wide. Not even getting a BAD haircut has ever killed anyone.

So first you say it didn't happen..then you qualify it, if it did happen.

Amazing.

Mittens? Is that you?

Definition of Assault - An unlawful threat or attempt to do bodily injury to another.
Cutting a guy's hair is not assault.
Was he beaten up, was there any blood or bruises? No
Was Romney suspended from school because of this? NO

Romney did high school pranks.
No drinking, no drugs, no cigarettes and did not hang out with any communists, nor was a goof off.

Our President while in High School;
Was a goof off - his own words.
Drank heavily, smoked cigarettes, did drugs, bullied girls and hung out with a communist.

Last edited:
No - but most of us went to high school. And those of us who were bullied are uncomfortable with what was done.

I'm sure those who were also bullies are fine with what he did.

Yeah, it's not that you're a leftist hack, you're not "comfortable" with allegations of acts 47 years ago..

Right..

You of the demagogue party are something else.

Last edited:
Wow. If the media paid as much attention to Rev Wright / Obama not being a citizen in 2008 as they have to this story; we'd have never been saddled with our ass clown president.

Except he is a citizen and you really can't hold Obama responsible for stuff other people do.

Now, here's the thing. I warned all you RW jokers you were totally stepping in it with Romney. That this guy has so much stuff in his past that we know about that is probably toxic to decent people (weird religion, slimey business practices, etc.) And you pretty much let the Establishment browbeat you into taking this guy anyway.

I specifically said that the Media was giving him a pass while going after Gingrich and Perry and Santorum meant they were saving the good stuff until after the nomination.

I think they let loose with this one because, hey, what a nice counterpoint to Obama coming out for marriage equality? Romney used to bully gay people.

You know that because five people said it right? ;)

Immie

Romney was 18 when he did this....18 is old enough to know better.

I can see shoplifting, or doing drugs, or some other stupid high school prank. But bullying?

:eusa_hand:

And he doesn't remember? Why is that, because so many instances of this behavior blur one into the other?

You demagogues just a tad desperate?

The story has been debunked, the dead guy's family is extremely upset, Romney apologized for being a prankster not for "bullying a homosexual" and the left wants to keep this going.

Smoke and mirrors to distract from the Dems failed policies. I have to admit, Obama is pretty smart but we "know" him a little better now. In spite of the fact his past is under lock and key.

How can they debunk an event that happened in a boarding school. They weren't there.

Five classmates coming forward is enough confirmation for me.

Even the guys sister said that if it had happened, her brother probably wouldn't have said anything. That is what the rightwing considers debunked?

If someone had said I did something like that, I would adamantly say it was false. Romney apologized for his "prank"

Heck..it's not like people talk about these things anyway.

I found out like 30 years after it happened that my Aunt's lech husband came on to my sister when she was babysitting their kids.

Heck, it's not like sleazy fucking demagogues would make the whole thing up to slander the opposition.

You zero-integrity folk would NEVER do that...

Maxwell, a Michigan attorney, is still haunted by what he claims he witnessed on the campus of the state's elite Cranbrook School in 1965: a young Mitt Romney and a group of friends holding down a classmate named John Lauber and cutting off chunks of his long hair.

"It was not an event you take a lot of pride in. And it was that way for all of us," Maxwell told CNN.

Maxwell confirmed the story, first reported in the Washington Post. However, he insisted the incident was far worse than a high school prank.

"I'm a lawyer. I know what an assault is. This kid was scared. He was terrified. That's an assault," Maxwell said.

Romney said in an interview with Fox News Radio he does not recall the incident described in the Post article. But the former Massachusetts governor acknowledged he engaged in pranks that "might have gone too far" and apologized for any harm done during his time at Cranbrook.

Romney’s former classmate: ‘You have to take it into account’ – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Except it never happened.

That doesn't matter to partisan demagogues; if they can create fear, uncertainty and doubt, they've done their job.

The demagogue party isn't interested in facts, only in shaping perception.

The eye witness doesn't remember it. The family denies it. The only ones who say it happened are democrats one of which works on the obama campaign.

To Obama's soldiers, truth is a hindrance.

For the little Goebbels like Rati, it doesn't even matter if people believe her slander and libel, they merely need entertain it.

Definition of Assault - An unlawful threat or attempt to do bodily injury to another.

No drinking, no drugs, no cigarettes and did not hang out with any communists, nor was a goof off.

Drank heavily, smoked cigarettes, did drugs, bullied girls and hung out with a communist.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assault_(tort)

While the law varies by jurisdiction, contact is often defined as "harmful" if it objectively intends to injure, disfigure, impair, or cause pain. The act is deemed "offensive" if it would offend a reasonable person’s sense of personal dignity. While "imminence" is judged objectively and varies widely on the facts, it generally suggests there is little to no opportunity for intervening acts. Lastly, the state of "apprehension" should be differentiated from the general state of fear, as apprehension requires only that the person be aware of the imminence of the harmful or offensive act.

Romney both didn't remember the incident and also didn't remember that the kid was gay???

bwahahahahahaha!

He's either a lying sack of shit or a sociopath that bullied people as a matter of course.

He could have avoided all this and made himself look good by saying he was ashamed of his actions and that he had learned a valuable lesson from them.

But no, the guy is apparently an idiot.

Sure it is.

Forum List

Back