Ron Paul: Crimea Secedes. So What?...

Can we all agree Vlad blinked when he asked the pro-Russian Ukrainians to postpone their autonomy vote of May 11th, pulled his troops back from the border with Ukraine, and endorsed the May 25th presidential election?

If so, can we agree economics is the dominant reason why?

"While there may be more than one reason for Mr. Putin’s conciliatory gestures, the main factor seems to be economics, especially the financial interests of the powerful oligarchs that are deeply integrated into the financial networks and institutions of the West, and which are therefore threatened by economic sanctions and geopolitical turbulence.

"According to Forbes Magazine’s list of world billionaires for 2014, Russia has the third highest number of billionaires (111) after the United States (492) and (China 152) [1].

"Russia’s financial moguls are mostly former bureaucrats (or their children and cronies) of the Soviet era who quickly became billionaires by virtue of fire-sale privatizations of state industries and other public properties when the Soviet Union collapsed.

"Contrary to the generally industrious and innovative entrepreneurs of the early stages of capitalism in the West, who were sometimes called revolutionary bourgeoisie, Russia’s oligarchic nouveau-riche have had largely a parasitic economic/financial role.

"By having scandalously ascended to the commanding heights of Russia’s economy, they have thus made the entire national economy dependent upon and, therefore, vulnerable to the fate or performance of their own fortunes in the marketplace, especially international markets.

"And since their financial fortunes are significantly vulnerable to economic sanction and other threats by Western powers, so is the entire Russian economy."

Putin Blinks in Ukraine Standoff with the US. The Role of Oligarchs? | Global Research

Can we all agree Vlad blinked when he asked the pro-Russian Ukrainians to postpone their autonomy vote of May 11th, pulled his troops back from the border with Ukraine, and endorsed the May 25th presidential election?

"While there may be more than one reason for Mr. Putin’s conciliatory gestures, the main factor seems to be economics, especially the financial interests of the powerful oligarchs that are deeply integrated into the financial networks and institutions of the West, and which are therefore threatened by economic sanctions and geopolitical turbulence.

"According to Forbes Magazine’s list of world billionaires for 2014, Russia has the third highest number of billionaires (111) after the United States (492) and (China 152) [1].

"Russia’s financial moguls are mostly former bureaucrats (or their children and cronies) of the Soviet era who quickly became billionaires by virtue of fire-sale privatizations of state industries and other public properties when the Soviet Union collapsed.

"Contrary to the generally industrious and innovative entrepreneurs of the early stages of capitalism in the West, who were sometimes called revolutionary bourgeoisie, Russia’s oligarchic nouveau-riche have had largely a parasitic economic/financial role.

"By having scandalously ascended to the commanding heights of Russia’s economy, they have thus made the entire national economy dependent upon and, therefore, vulnerable to the fate or performance of their own fortunes in the marketplace, especially international markets.

"And since their financial fortunes are significantly vulnerable to economic sanction and other threats by Western powers, so is the entire Russian economy."

Putin Blinks in Ukraine Standoff with the US. The Role of Oligarchs? | Global Research

Putin may have blinked. If so, I say good thing. Because the idiots leaders leading the West, likely would have pushed us into a world war.

I still do not think we are out of the woods. NATO, Big Ears, Brits, many eastern Euro nations, and the wealthy elites would like nothing more than war with Russia.

Idiot Neocons and Neolibs. They will never learn.

Putin may have blinked. If so, I say good thing. Because the idiots leaders leading the West, likely would have pushed us into a world war.

I still do not think we are out of the woods. NATO, Big Ears, Brits, many eastern Euro nations, and the wealthy elites would like nothing more than war with Russia.

It isn't conservatives that want war it is you pussy paulogists who do.... because you would ignore a problem till it kills thousands.

tapatalk post

Apparently Putin's given the green light to Kiev to deal with eastern separatists

"DONETSK, Ukraine – A trip on May 27 to the morgue in Donetsk, the capital of Ukraine's most populous oblast, confirms that the war against Kremlin-backed insurgents – the government would say terrorists – has intensified.

"A doctor counted 45 corpses. Most were Kremlin-backed gunmen but at least one was a civilian casualty.

"However, Donetsk Mayor Oleskandr Lukyanchenko put the number at 40 people dead in the May 26 fighting, and an investigator in the city morgue gave an even lower figure of 33 people.

"He added that of the 43 injured that are in hospitals, eight are residents of Russia, eight are from Donetsk, others are from Russia-annexed Crimea, while the the home locations of 18 others haven't been established.

"Either way, the bloodshed is escalating as Ukraine's government – including its military and police –are more aggressively confronting the separatist threat."

I wonder if any Russian Cossacks number among the dead?

As many as 45 Kremlin-backed insurgents killed in heavy fighting on May 26-27 in Donetsk (UPDATES, VIDEO)

It isn't conservatives that want war it is you pussy paulogists who do.... because you would ignore a problem till it kills thousands.

tapatalk post

Apparently being anti-war means pro-war in your "mind."

And...being pro-war means anti-war in your "mind."

How can that be logical?

tapatalk post
"...I knew that I could never again raise my voice against the violence of the oppressed in the ghettos without having first spoken clearly to the greatest purveyor of violence in the world today: my own government."

Beyond Vietnam**

Funny how some things don't Change.:doubt:

tapatalk post

How can that be logical?

It is twisted illogic for sure. These people truly believe in 'Perpetual War for Perpetual Peace.' They deliver the War, but they never deliver the Peace. It's years & years of War propaganda indoctrination. It's all most Americans know now. We've been bombing & killing somewhere in the World for the last 70yrs. straight. It's gonna take quite an effort to change the illogical 'Perpetual War for Perpetual Peace' mentality. But i'm an optimist. I think more & more Americans are coming around. They're beginning to see the illogic in it. I have hope.

tapatalk post

How can that be logical?

It is twisted illogic for sure. These people truly believe in 'Perpetual War for Perpetual Peace.' They deliver the War, but they never deliver the Peace. It's years & years of War propaganda indoctrination. It's all most Americans know now. We've been bombing & killing somewhere in the World for the last 70yrs. straight. It's gonna take quite an effort to change the illogical 'Perpetual War for Perpetual Peace' mentality. But i'm an optimist. I think more & more Americans are coming around. They're beginning to see the illogic in it. I have hope.
We have to find a way to make peace more profitable than war.
Remember the "Death Tax?"
If that kind of tax were applied to US defense contractors and their wealthiest shareholders, the last 70 years of war would never have happened.
Unfortunately, most elected Republicans AND Democrats will send the own kids to invade Mexico before taxing war into extinction.

How can that be logical?

We have to find a way to make peace more profitable than war.
Remember the "Death Tax?"
If that kind of tax were applied to US defense contractors and their wealthiest shareholders, the last 70 years of war would never have happened.
Unfortunately, most elected Republicans AND Democrats will send the own kids to invade Mexico before taxing war into extinction.

War is never profitable for all but a select few. In fact, war is terribly costly. However the select few have the power and many citizens fall sway to their lies and deceptions.

When Americans come to realize that most of their leaders are liars, frauds, and criminals; we will refuse to follow their orders.

Last edited:
Read up on the new leader of Ukraine....looks like he might be a good leader.

He stepped up this past weekend and sent in the troops after the Russian scum terrorizing his country.

Imagine if Mexico stole Arizona and New Mexico from the US with their military then sent in gangs, spies and undercover military into California to steal that state for Mexico.

I doubt a "newly" elected POTUS would shed a tear for the deaths of those scumbags trying to steal California especially scumbags from Mexico and other south American countries being paid by Mexico.

It is amazing how stupid people are allowed to exist in this country....

Just follow the money people. And you'll quickly see who's benefiting from this. It always leads to Globalist Elite assholes like VP Biden and his little brat. I assure you the average American Taxpayer will see no benefit from this intervention. None whatsoever.

Forum List

Back