Russian strategy

shoshi

Platinum Member
Oct 28, 2020
I think I know what they have planned. instead of blitzkrieg on Kiev and other cities they plan to exhaust the defenders with artillery and air strikes and probe attacks on the ground. Let us see if i am right.

I think I know what they have planned. instead of blitzkrieg on Kiev and other cities they plan to exhaust the defenders with artillery and air strikes and probe attacks on the ground. Let us see if i am right.
This is not call of duty

I think the longer this goes on and as more casualties mount up, Putin's position grows weaker. Reports are that some NATO countries are sending in military weapons, and as sanctions increase things are getting a little tense for him.

shoshi Anyone that knows anything about combat will tell you urban, city combat is very difficult. It wasn't easy for the US at those battles.

Right. its not easy

Especially against a determined opposition. Even if the Russians do win this thing, they're going to have a lot of trouble with terrorists. And not only in Ukraibe either but in Russian cities too. Interesting to see if somebody blows up that Russian oil pipeline that goes through Ukraine.

Putin doesn't have the political capital to have a drawn out war. Already Russians are voicing disapproval. Sanctions are finally escalating at a faster rate. No access to SWIFT and incoming air defense weapons from Europe will hurt a lot. The crazy despot has a good chance of being taken out by his own people.

Sounds like Put'n may send in Chechens. Ramzan kadyrov son of deceased Akhmad Kadyrov. Like father like son both thugs who have a long history of terrorizing and torturing any opposition. If Put does that the Ukrainians need some help with air strikes on those Chechen troops.

I did hear this morning that Russia has not committed their full force yet. The BBC correspondent said they think Russia thought they might be able to run right through Ukraine to a quick victory, and are prepared for a more traditional phase two if not.

Forum List

Back