S.C. GOP goes full bizarro: Militarizes ALL state residents in case of invasion??!!

How did I KNOW Benghazi would pop up in this thread?

So, you guys really think that if China invaded South Carolina, that the military would just step aside and let it happen?

Has the Republican Party REALLY slid this far into the abyss?

faith in our military is only as good as its leader.....and that faith is GONE....

"Leaders" plural.

How about give us a list of all the brave leaders of our US military that you have lost faith in?

I live in SC. If our shore was about to be invaded, I have 100% faith that the local Air Force, Navy, Marine and Army bases would fight back, instantly, overwhelmingly, and would defeat that invading force in glorious fashion. We have all 4 branches with major bases in SC, and major combat bases 2 hours North in NC.

Yet, our Republican leaders in SC feel that the military isn't enough, that the local rednecks would need to fight off the Chinese.

Your avi says all that needs to be said about abyss

Thats right. I never was an Obama voter, a Democrat, or a liberal.

The only thing that has changed is I no longer support the radical fucking whackos of the Republican Party. It has gone to bizarro land, and Im not getting sucked in with them. In fact, I now spend 99% of my freedom of political speech bashing the right wing for this lunacy.

Damn strait we need em. We legally can, and who can afford them, why not? What if they invaded them first? Instead of losing thousands of people, the citizens could stand their ground. A couple ballsy patriots could do wonders. Look at the heroes from Benghazi that held of droves of terrorists for a while. Good example, IMO

I do not doubt anything anymore. I would rather prepared, than ass-fucked and shot. At least my family and I wouldn't go out being a pussy

Wow, what a lunatic.

So, you think our Air Force radars would miss this invasion? Our Navy sonar and radar would miss it? Ooops, right? You think our Marine quick action forces are that inept?

You truly have that little faith in our military, that they would somehow allow an invading force to land on SC's shores and invade, rape us, shoot us, etc, and just watch? Why do you have such little faith in our military?

And, you truly think you need an anti-aircraft gun on your garage?

My God, right wingers have gotten to an extent of insanity that needs to be studied in a clinic.

what if high command ignored the problem......? the military would not arrive.....

gosh.....that sounds like something that actually happened recently......Benghazi anyone....?

faith in our military is only as good as its leader.....and that faith is GONE....

Did you lose all faith in this country on 911?

"Leaders" plural.

How about give us a list of all the brave leaders of our US military that you have lost faith in?

I live in SC. If our shore was about to be invaded, I have 100% faith that the local Air Force, Navy, Marine and Army bases would fight back, instantly, overwhelmingly, and would defeat that invading force in glorious fashion. We have all 4 branches with major bases in SC, and major combat bases 2 hours North in NC.

Yet, our Republican leaders in SC feel that the military isn't enough, that the local rednecks would need to fight off the Chinese.

Learn to quote. I didnt say that. Plagerism, sonny

And just when we thought the GOP was all for freedom and less government.........the reddest of red states makes ALL 4,000,000 of it's citizens automatic members of the State Standing Army, a position which they officially must resign from to be considered just a "civilian".

Does this mean the SC Standing Army, at 4,000,000 strong, is one of the, if not THE largest Army in the world? Wow.

And just when we thought the GOP was all for freedom and less government.........the reddest of red states makes ALL 4,000,000 of it's citizens automatic members of the State Standing Army, a position which they officially must resign from to be considered just a "civilian".

Does this mean the SC Standing Army, at 4,000,000 strong, is one of the, if not THE largest Army in the world? Wow.

Again, you are being obtuse. It does not make shit. Re-read it and try to comprehend. It gives them the right to own what they want, saying fuck you to federal laws. They are standing their ground :clap2:
It is not requiring everyone over 17 to go buy weapons and stand guard. Get a fuckin grip

So, you guys really think that if China invaded South Carolina, that the military would just step aside and let it happen?

The answer to your last question is, of course, "YES".

But if you listen to "Pepe La Phew", the NRA president, the real threat is from our "southern" border.

The last election, Republicans got 27% of the Hispanic vote. Now that "Thunderdome" is the new "worry", do you want to bet that "La Phew" just lowered that number to 2%?

With the Apocalyptic collapse, the only way for rednecks to protect themselves from Mexicans, is, well, you know.......

The answer to your last question is, of course, "YES".

But if you listen to "Pepe La Phew", the NRA president, the real threat is from our "southern" border.

The last election, Republicans got 27% of the Hispanic vote. Now that "Thunderdome" is the new "worry", do you want to bet that "La Phew" just lowered that number to 2%?

With the Apocalyptic collapse, the only way for rednecks to protect themselves from Mexicans, is, well, you know.......

Take the dick out of your mouth because all we hear is :blahblah::blahblah::blahblah:

Again, you are being obtuse. It does not make shit. Re-read it and try to comprehend. It gives them the right to own what they want, saying fuck you to federal laws. They are standing their ground :clap2:
It is not requiring everyone over 17 to go buy weapons and stand guard. Get a fuckin grip

READ the bill.

It clearly says all residents, able bodied, age 17 and above are designated by this bill as members of the South Carolina organized or unorganized militia. The GOP reps stated that this is the states of SC's "standing army" as allowed by the Constitution.

The bill reads:

- All members of the state organized and unorganized milita are subject to activation and orders by the state Commander in Chief (governor), and are exempt from any authority outside of the state of South Carolina.

- All members of the state organized and unorganized militia can resign their position, and thus will be considered a "civilian".

The bill literally says: You are NOT a civilian at age 17, you are considered a member of the state's "standing army", or, it's militia. You can resign this at any time (doesnt say how), and at that time, be considered a civilian.

You didnt read it. It does this to justify arming that militia with any military weapon that the militia deems fit. Only by making EVERY person a member of the militia is every person allowed these weapons.

So, the SC GOP is protecting the gun rights by literally enlisting every resident over 17, through a law, into the state standing army.

Like it or not, that is what the GOP here is trying to do. Yay freedom!

To sum it up..........to any and all 17 year olds in the State of South Carolina, the reddest of red states in America: Be on notice. You just got drafted into the SC State Army. God Bless Republicans!
don't fuck with South Carolina libb !!

I'm thinking S. Carolina Republicans are telling obama to fuck off and it has nothing to with an invading "foreign" force.
Of course the libs around here are to stupid to figure that out.

To sum it up..........to any and all 17 year olds in the State of South Carolina, the reddest of red states in America: Be on notice. You just got drafted into the SC State Army. God Bless Republicans!

I'm thinking S. Carolina Republicans are telling obama to fuck off and it has nothing to with an invading "foreign" force.

Not a bad point

Bush and the republicans allowed us to be hit on our own soil.

did your guns stop that?

Your outragious lie aside, had there been armed citizens on those planes then 911 would never have happened.

Armed citizens on pressurized jets. I love it.

Yes. Armed citizens on a jet.

Imagine THIS:

A few armed, and probably poorly trained, citizens on a jet. Also on that jet is an air marshal or two. Also on the jet is a few terrorists.

The terrorists start to act. The armed rednecks jump up and pull their guns. The air marshals jump up, see a few Muslims acting crazy, and a few other people of unknown race acting crazy and pulling guns. The citizens see the Marshals, in plain clothes, pulling guns. Unarmed people panic seeing all the people pulling guns. Chaos and gunfire ensues.

Meanwhile, the pressurized jet at 10,000 feet absorbs bullets and....well, we dont know after that.

READ the bill.

It clearly says all residents, able bodied, age 17 and above are designated by this bill as members of the South Carolina organized or unorganized militia. The GOP reps stated that this is the states of SC's "standing army" as allowed by the Constitution.

The bill reads:

- All members of the state organized and unorganized milita are subject to activation and orders by the state Commander in Chief (governor), and are exempt from any authority outside of the state of South Carolina.

- All members of the state organized and unorganized militia can resign their position, and thus will be considered a "civilian".

The bill literally says: You are NOT a civilian at age 17, you are considered a member of the state's "standing army", or, it's militia. You can resign this at any time (doesnt say how), and at that time, be considered a civilian.

You didnt read it. It does this to justify arming that militia with any military weapon that the militia deems fit. Only by making EVERY person a member of the militia is every person allowed these weapons.

So, the SC GOP is protecting the gun rights by literally enlisting every resident over 17, through a law, into the state standing army.

Like it or not, that is what the GOP here is trying to do. Yay freedom!

I did not read the bill. I read your link. I apologize for my previous bolded post

"Leaders" plural.

the Secretary of Defense gives the order to the Generals in command.....however even the Secretary cannot give the attack order to the Generals without orders from the Commander-in-Chief.....who was obviously AWOL in the Benghazi situation....

and if you think the right wing is so 'whacko' because keeping armed is just ridiculous and stupid......why are you lefties trying so hard to UNarm the country....?

THen why are the SC Republicans talking about the need to arm themselves to fight off an invading foreign force, if it had nothing to do with an invading foreign force?

Hell, I can suggest a bill to equip all homes with anti-aircraft guns, just in case a UFO invasion happens. But Im not suggesting there might be a UFO invasion.

Oh my God. If I hear "BENGHAZI" one more time, Im gonna lose it.

Benghazi happend in a nation in Northern Africa, a radical nation with no domestic police worth a shit, and full of crazy ass Muslims.

Columbia, SC, isn't in Northern Africa, or full of crazy Muslims, and it does have a very capable, nationally accredited SWAT team, as well as a local Army base, and Air Force, Navy and Marine bases within 90 miles. I doubt, Columbia, SC, is gonna come under a mass Muslim attack that the local rednecks need to fight off.

But hey, just in case, the state GOP just drafted 4,000,000 SC residents into the standing state army!!!!

Forum List

Back