SABOTAGE: Historic Delay In Trump Confirmations...

Dschrute3

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2016
When i say 'sabotage', i don't mean the Democrats are only sabotaging Donald Trump. Their actions are sabotaging the country. Democrats really should reconsider their 'Party before Country' extremism.

Even as he signs executive orders at a furious pace and plans 'yuge' changes across the federal government, President Trump is dealing with a major disadvantage: His team is not in place.

Not only has the Senate confirmed just a handful of Trump's Cabinet nominees nearly three weeks into his presidency, but hundreds of other positions remain unappointed.

But one thing is clear: this year's Cabinet confirmation process is one of the slowest in history.

As of Wednesday, Trump was still waiting on confirmation for 10 of his 15 Cabinet nominees. By this time in 2001, then-President George W. Bush had his entire Cabinet confirmed. Then-President Barack Obama was just three short of a full Cabinet on Feb. 8, 2009...

Trump facing historic delays in confirmation push

Last edited:
When i say 'sabotage', i don't mean the Democrats are only sabotaging Donald Trump. Their actions are sabotaging the country. Democrats really should reconsider their 'Party before Country' extremist stance.

Wow.....after 8 years of Republicans doing everything that they could do to 'sabotage' President Obama's appointments- including refusing to even consider his Supreme Court nomination- you snowflakes are just demonstrating your hypocrisy.

Is it a good thing to hold up appointments, a bad thing, or bad when Republicans do it but good when democrats do it? It remains unclear.

Slowest pace of confirmation since George Washington's presidency. Imagine taking on the job of POTUS when the Senate slow walks confirming your cabinet leaders, that makes an already very challenging job damn near impossible, it hurts the American people. The Senate is a dysfunctional collection of self centered assholes.

When i say 'sabotage', i don't mean the Democrats are only sabotaging Donald Trump. Their actions are sabotaging the country. Democrats really should reconsider their 'Party before Country' extremist stance.

Wow.....after 8 years of Republicans doing everything that they could do to 'sabotage' President Obama's appointments- including refusing to even consider his Supreme Court nomination- you snowflakes are just demonstrating your hypocrisy.

This Democrat obstruction is historic. They've set new lows in decency.

Slowest pace of confirmation since George Washington's presidency. Imagine taking on the job of POTUS when the Senate slow walks confirming your cabinet leaders, that makes an already very challenging job damn near impossible, it hurts the American people. The Senate is a dysfunctional collection of self centered assholes.

Spot On. Nuff said.

When i say 'sabotage', i don't mean the Democrats are only sabotaging Donald Trump. Their actions are sabotaging the country. Democrats really should reconsider their 'Party before Country' extremism.

Even as he signs executive orders at a furious pace and plans 'yuge' changes across the federal government, President Trump is dealing with a major disadvantage: His team is not in place.

Not only has the Senate confirmed just a handful of Trump's Cabinet nominees nearly three weeks into his presidency, but hundreds of other positions remain unappointed.

But one thing is clear: this year's Cabinet confirmation process is one of the slowest in history.

As of Wednesday, Trump was still waiting on confirmation for 10 of his 15 Cabinet nominees. By this time in 2001, then-President George W. Bush had his entire Cabinet confirmed. Then-President Barack Obama was just three short of a full Cabinet on Feb. 8, 2009...

Were you this upset when Republicans refused to even vote on Obama's SCJ selection?

The Democratic Party is fragmented, but polls show most Democrats want their representatives in Congress to be as annoying as possible to Republicans, so in terms of party politics, this is a smart move, but these delays are so outrageous, they are also strengthening support for the President among likely voters, so in terms of national politics, it is a stupid move.

bush had his Admin picked before he even won....most all experience people...

How does he compare to Obama? Why are they using president Bush as an example?

And you have to remember, Trump was unprepared and some of his candidates still don't have their proper paperwork done on financials, divestments, security clearances....

Also, some delays were done by the R's, like postponing Sessions in order for him to be able to vote for DeVos, to get her through....

Don't try and rewrite history...the GOP tried to work with Obama but he said fine you can come along for the ride but you have to sit in the back of the bus. Well that is how Obama conducted himself for 8 years and that is why your party is no longer a national party.

Is it a good thing to hold up appointments, a bad thing, or bad when Republicans do it but good when democrats do it? It remains unclear.
Thre OP addressed that. By thgis time in the Obama administration had all confirmations done.

Also, some delays were done by the R's, like postponing Sessions in order for him to be able to vote for DeVos, to get her through....
Where did you dig that liberal progressive fake news nonsense up from. The GOP have been trying to get Sessions approved for weeks. The dems only have one arrow left in their quiver. It's to delay and obstruct and protest. All of which will decrease the size of the democrat party even further. :)

Is this Democrat hate for Donald Trump good for the country? His Cabinet should be in place soon. It's very important. I don't mind legitimate opposition, but this stuff has gotten out of control. It just seems wrong.

The Democratic Party is fragmented, but polls show most Democrats want their representatives in Congress to be as annoying as possible to Republicans, so in terms of party politics, this is a smart move, but these delays are so outrageous, they are also strengthening support for the President among likely voters, so in terms of national politics, it is a stupid move.

And by strengthening support you mean declining poll numbers?

Did you ever question the republican senate when they refused to consider the appointments of dozens of Obama judges, or even the nomination for SCOTUS?

Is this Democrat hate for Donald Trump good for the country? His Cabinet should be in place soon. It's very important. I don't mind legitimate opposition, but this stuff has gotten out of control. It just seems wrong.
Whats truly wrong are the number of truly incompetent Cabinet nominees.

Was the republican hate for Barack Obama good for the country?

Once again, were you this upset about Merrick Garland not even getting the courtesy of a vote for 8+ months?

Hypocrisy in 3, 2, 1.......

Forum List

Back