Same bullshit, different decade: What members of the gay rights movement could learn from history

"Our sin is exactly the presumption that we can know God or ourselves through our own capacities."

-Stanley Hauerwas

Funny, none of that comes from the Bible. You want to preach religion to me? Quote the Bible. Want to know what God says about Justice?

Romans 12:19

"Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.”

Kinda blows your idea of a non vengeful God all to hell, doesn't it?

You need to calm down, so your anger doesn't continue to cause you embarrassment.

The passage you quoted is saying exactly what I said:

Whatever "consequences" God has for ALL us sinners, it will be administered by God and God alone. You are not God, and you have no right to dole out "consequences"...

You need to calm down, so your anger doesn't continue to cause you embarrassment.

I am far from embarrassed, bellboy. I am winning this argument, much to your denials and protests. When you start insulting my intelligence instead of my arguments, you have none of your own and are pretty much done.

Whatever "consequences" God has for ALL us sinners, it will be administered by God and God alone. You are not God, and you have no right to dole out "consequences"...

Gee, I wonder why? Is it because you are doing the same exact thing?

"God punishes bigots, he punishes the intolerant." How in the heck do you know WHAT he punishes? Please... share with us your all seeing insight into the mind of the God.

You accuse me of doling out consequences, but act as if you can call God down from heaven to punish me for my "bigotry" and "exclusivity."

Are you really that dense?

The passage you quoted is saying exactly what I said

You said this too, did you not?

You preach God the avenger...a God that punishes.

So... what of this bit of contradiction? You bemoan a vengeful, judgmental God, but in the same turn sing your praises. So what do you want? Vengeance or mercy? Punishment or reprieve?

Last edited:
Jesus was a man who turned His back on no one.

So what makes you think he'll turn his back on me? You accused me of holding a belief that was an insult to his very life. Explain to me how your logic works.

The passage you quoted is saying exactly what I said

You said this too, did you not?

You preach God the avenger...a God that punishes.

So... what of this bit of contradiction? You bemoan a vengeful, judgmental God, but in the same turn sing your praises. So what do you want? Vengeance or mercy? Punishment or reprieve?

Are you really that obtuse? There is no contradiction. You and I don't know what consequences God has in store for ALL us sinners. But He is saying that is His job, not yours.

Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. For the husband is head of the wife, as also Christ is head of the church; and He is the Savior of the body.Therefore, just as the church is subject to Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in everything.

Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her that He might sanctify and cleanse her with the washing of water by the word, that He might present to Himself a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing, but that she should be holy and without blemish.

So husbands ought to love their own wives as their own bodies; he who loves his wife loves himself. For no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as the Lord does the church. For we are members of His body, of His flesh and of His bones. “For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh.”

Ephesians 5:22-31

And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female, And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh? Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

Matthew 19:4-6

These are THE BIBLICAL DEFINITIONS of marriage. One man. One woman. Any other interpretations are rendered invalid. Anyone who has sufficient reading comprehension should understand this reality. While it may not hold weight in today's society, it holds weight for those who try to use the Bible to justify a way of marriage that is against what the Bible teaches; in other words, you, bellboy.

Last edited:
You and I don't know what consequences God has in store for ALL us sinners. But He is saying that is His job, not yours.

So why are you doing his job for him? You're the one sitting there preaching the consequences to me of my bigotry and intolerance. So where do you get off doling out judgement?

Last edited:
It should amaze me how so many still drag their knuckles across the ground, but it does not...

First off the Christian religion is from Judaism and Judaism derives it origins from Greek and Sumerian mythology. Also the Christianity religion was actually from a Roman emperor that was a Pagan and created a religion to control the mass population through ignorance and fear.

Now what does what I wrote have to do with the OP?

Simple, the teaching to fear and hate homosexuals and their sexuality was written into the doctrines and the so call word of God was only words of man wanting to control the idiots of the world, and I take the Bible and it words with a grain of salt. In fact I would take the Book of Buddha as being more gospel than the Bible.

As for denying Gays and Lesbians a right to be equally miserable as everyone else, well society is changing and the old way of thinking is dying off like those that once screamed it was a sin for multiracial couples to be together.

Once it was against the law for a person of color to marry a white, and the USSC finally got rid of those idiotic laws, and the same will happen for same sex couples.

Now I will state a Church should not be forced to marry same sex couples, and in fact Churches usually do not marry anyone that is not part of their religion, so it should stay that way, but allowing civil Marriages or a Church to marry same sex couples should be allowed and they should not be deny the same right as a heterosexual couples.

As for the baker and refusal to bake a cake that depends on the local, state, and federal laws. A Baker should bake the cake but should not have to decorate the cake. I should have to put anti-gay slogans on a cake and a Christian baker should not have to put a Steve and Steve on the cake.

So as you grab your Bible please keep your religion out of government because you believe in a fairy tale book that was written by man is your choice but to tell everyone else they should also accept it and make it law is not your right, and make you like ISIL.

As I finish this long winded response in the end the OP'er and those that support the anti-gay view will be the dying breed and the world will march on and evolve for the better, and the bigoted way of thinking against will be a footnote in the history of this great land.

Fin

Now go and bash me with your Bible while I laugh at you for worshiping the Greek Titan Chaos...

Samuel 16:7 ESV
But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not look on his appearance or on the height of his stature, because I have rejected him. For the Lord sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart.”

Galatians 3:28 ESV
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

Galatians 5:14 ESV
For the whole law is fulfilled in one word: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”

Matthew 5:44 ESV
But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,

Mark 12:31 ESV
The second is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.”

Romans 2:11 ESV
For God shows no partiality.

Genesis 1:27 ESV
So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.

Luke 10:27 ESV
And he answered, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind, and your neighbor as yourself.”

Proverbs 6:16-19 ESV
There are six things that the Lord hates, seven that are an abomination to him: haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked plans, feet that make haste to run to evil, a false witness who breathes out lies, and one who sows discord among brothers.

Simple, the teaching to fear and hate homosexuals and their sexuality was written into the doctrines and the so call word of God was only words of man wanting to control the idiots of the world, and I take the Bible and it words with a grain of salt.

And that is your opinion. Don't go assuming you can tell us how to practice out faith. Understand?

Simple, the teaching to fear and hate homosexuals and their sexuality was written into the doctrines and the so call word of God was only words of man wanting to control the idiots of the world, and I take the Bible and it words with a grain of salt.

And that is your opinion. Don't go assuming you can tell us how to practice out faith. Understand?

Actually you can practice your religion all you want at your home and Church, but at work, government and general society you have no right to force your religious view unto others and if you feel you do have that right then you have a lot in common with ISIL...

Also at one point in the Christian religion they claimed the Mark of Cain was the African race, so you enjoy your religion of intolerance and hatred while the rest of the world marches on without you...

Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. For the husband is head of the wife, as also Christ is head of the church; and He is the Savior of the body.Therefore, just as the church is subject to Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in everything.

Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her that He might sanctify and cleanse her with the washing of water by the word, that He might present to Himself a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing, but that she should be holy and without blemish.

So husbands ought to love their own wives as their own bodies; he who loves his wife loves himself. For no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as the Lord does the church. For we are members of His body, of His flesh and of His bones. “For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh.”

Ephesians 5:22-31

And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female, And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh? Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

Matthew 19:4-6

These are THE BIBLICAL DEFINITIONS of marriage. One man. One woman. Any other interpretations are rendered invalid. Anyone who has sufficient reading comprehension should understand this reality. While it may not hold weight in today's society, it holds weight for those who try to use the Bible to justify a way of marriage that is against what the Bible teaches; in other words, you, bellboy.

I have some bad news for you. America is not a theocracy. Our laws are not bound to your dogmatic beliefs.

Above all, God gave us a free will. We can all live our lives as we see fit, not how you see fit.

If you oppose gay marriage, don't marry a man. But don't try to legislate laws that deny that right to others. It's that simple.

Opinions are dime a dozen....but when you start codifying your opinion into law, that's when we have problems.

Opinions are dime a dozen....but when you start codifying your opinion into law, that's when we have problems.

Hmmm, and when you attempt to use your religion to shape the law then we have a problem. Seperation of Church and state, and keep your bibles in the church and home and outside the government, and my public life.

If you disagree then ISIL and you have a lot in common.

Hmmm, and when you attempt to use your religion to shape the law then we have a problem. Seperation of Church and state, and keep your bibles in the church and home and outside the government, and my public life.

If you disagree then ISIL and you have a lot in common.
Yep.

But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not look on his appearance or on the height of his stature, because I have rejected him. For the Lord sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart.”

There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

For the whole law is fulfilled in one word: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”

The second is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.”

So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.

And he answered, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind, and your neighbor as yourself.”

There are six things that the Lord hates, seven that are an abomination to him: haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked plans, feet that make haste to run to evil, a false witness who breathes out lies, and one who sows discord among brothers.
Romans 3:34 "And when you are buttfucking remember the Lord has blessed it

Ephesians 1:25: So I say to you that lying carnally with men with cool, even better if you picked him up in a swish disco.

Gallatians 5:69: So go thou and commit abomination all across the land, for you honor me thereby.

See, it's in black and white!

Romans 3:34 "And when you are buttfucking remember the Lord has blessed it

Ephesians 1:25: So I say to you that lying carnally with men with cool, even better if you picked him up in a swish disco.

Gallatians 5:69: So go thou and commit abomination all across the land, for you honor me thereby.

See, it's in black and white!
Yes...it's in black and white that people will alter any scripture to fit their current argument. :D......

Forum List

Back