Same bullshit, different decade: What members of the gay rights movement could learn from history

You don't understand one bit what religion is all about. Your beliefs don't represent Jesus Christ, His life or His teachings.

The Bible also taught us not to cause our fellow believers to stumble in their walk with Christ. Don't presume to know all there is to know about our faith. We are one religion among many, yet the only one. Spare me your lectures.

Take a long look at the book of Romans. And who are you to tell me what kind of Christian I should be? Remove the beam from your own eye before attempting to remove the mote from mine.

So you want to change the subject to idol worshippers and God haters?

The lessons I learned as a Christian were about inclusion. You preach exclusion. The lessons I learned were of a God of love. You preach God the avenger...a God that punishes.

Your faith is an abomination of the life of Jesus Christ.

Remind me to get the name of the church you attended that told you Christianity was about "inclusion", so that I can avoid it. I have no patience with airy-fairy New Age churches that try to focus on anicillary tangents and sanitize the gospel to make it PC. That's right up there with teaching that the message of Christ was "being nice to each other".

Samuel 16:7 ESV
But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not look on his appearance or on the height of his stature, because I have rejected him. For the Lord sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart.”

Galatians 3:28 ESV
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

Galatians 5:14 ESV
For the whole law is fulfilled in one word: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”

Matthew 5:44 ESV
But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,

Mark 12:31 ESV
The second is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.”

Romans 2:11 ESV
For God shows no partiality.

Genesis 1:27 ESV
So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.

Luke 10:27 ESV
And he answered, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind, and your neighbor as yourself.”

Proverbs 6:16-19 ESV
There are six things that the Lord hates, seven that are an abomination to him: haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked plans, feet that make haste to run to evil, a false witness who breathes out lies, and one who sows discord among brothers.

Took you long enough to copy and paste those.

You don't get it do you? You can quote as maaany Bible verses as you want. You're still wrong, and practice nothing they teach.

But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not look on his appearance or on the height of his stature, because I have rejected him. For the Lord sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart.”

Bellboy, the very thing you have done in this thread is judge me by my outward appearance. That verse doesn't mean what you think it means.

There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

I know why you quoted this one, specifically for the "there is no male and female" part, am I correct? What do you take me for, huh? This is not an endorsement of homosexuality, but a case that all the Christians who believe in the true teachings of Christ are united in Christ.

For the whole law is fulfilled in one word: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”

You sure aren't loving me as your neighbor right now, are you? So how can you preach about ANYONE loving their neighbor when you have clearly demonstrated your inability to do so?

Like I asked before, how are you loving your enemies? You're fighting with them, seeking to strike them down. You can't pray for those that persecute you, you go ahead and persecute them right back.

So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.

THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN FOR MAKING MY POINT!

Male and female, not male and male, not female and female. Do you not understand why God created two OPPOSITE sexes? Let's party like it's the year 1849, cause this is pure gold!

And he answered, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind, and your neighbor as yourself.”

So, once again, do you love your neighbor as yourself, or do you attack him instead as you have done me?

There are six things that the Lord hates, seven that are an abomination to him: haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked plans, feet that make haste to run to evil, a false witness who breathes out lies, and one who sows discord among brothers.

1. A lying tongue. That pretty much describes you. That is a proven fact which has been demonstrated in this thread.

2. Hands that shed innocent blood. Though not related to this discussion, you more or less are pro choice, or pro abortion. That's pretty much as close to "hands that shed innocent blood" as it gets.

3. A heart that devises wicked plans. Any heart that holds hatred, and acts on that hatred devises wickedness. Such wickedness is such where you (yes, you) cause your fellow believers to stumble. Something I've seen plenty of from you.

4. Feet that make haste to run to evil. See 3.

5. A false witness who breathes out lies. You have repeatedly leveled out false accusations against me, all of which I soundly refuted. Yet you continue on, undeterred. You twist the Bible around to say what it really doesn't say, and insist on beating me with it like a cudgel. You are a textbook "false witness." (I think that breaks a commandment by the way).

6. And one who sows discord among brothers. I will let your behavior towards me speak to that. You have done nothing but try to dictate to me my own beliefs, preach to me your version of my faith. You essentially are trying sow discord with me and people like me.

Like I said. You do nothing these verses say, and in some cases, the exact opposite.

Last edited:
You don't understand one bit what religion is all about. Your beliefs don't represent Jesus Christ, His life or His teachings.

The Bible also taught us not to cause our fellow believers to stumble in their walk with Christ. Don't presume to know all there is to know about our faith. We are one religion among many, yet the only one. Spare me your lectures.

Take a long look at the book of Romans. And who are you to tell me what kind of Christian I should be? Remove the beam from your own eye before attempting to remove the mote from mine.

So you want to change the subject to idol worshippers and God haters?

The lessons I learned as a Christian were about inclusion. You preach exclusion. The lessons I learned were of a God of love. You preach God the avenger...a God that punishes.

Your faith is an abomination of the life of Jesus Christ.

Remind me to get the name of the church you attended that told you Christianity was about "inclusion", so that I can avoid it. I have no patience with airy-fairy New Age churches that try to focus on anicillary tangents and sanitize the gospel to make it PC. That's right up there with teaching that the message of Christ was "being nice to each other".
The Episcopal.....for one.

If you disagree then ISIL and you have a lot in common.

Hey, another liberal comparing us to terrorists. Well, you have achieved a new record. Quickest trip to my ignore list in 4 years. From Liberal to ignored in 0.00001 seconds flat.

Mark 12:31 ESV
The second is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.”

Romans 2:11 ESV
For God shows no partiality.

Romans 3:34 "And when you are buttfucking remember the Lord has blessed it

Ephesians 1:25: So I say to you that lying carnally with men with cool, even better if you picked him up in a swish disco.

Gallatians 5:69: So go thou and commit abomination all across the land, for you honor me thereby.

See, it's in black and white!

I'm reading this at work, you know, and "swish disco" almost made me spit tea all over my work keyboard.

I have some bad news for you. America is not a theocracy.

Did I say it was? Why would I want it to be? Why should I care one way or another? I don't seek endorsement of my beliefs from government, but from God.

Our laws are not bound to your dogmatic beliefs.

Nor are they to yours. That goes for my beliefs as well. They aren't bound by your dogma either.

Above all, God gave us a free will. We can all live our lives as we see fit, not how you see fit.

But God has a plan for our lives. So, how is that "free will?" He gives you a choice to follow his will or not. If you don't, don't expect much out of him until you get back on track. It's that easy, and something I hope to do, to get back on track with God. I can believe in God how I see fit, not how YOU see fit. See the pattern emerging here, genius?

If you oppose gay marriage, don't marry a man. But don't try to legislate laws that deny that right to others. It's that simple.

But you were just trying to use the Bible to justify it! What happened? When you got your butt kicked from tree to tree in the religious debate, you move the goalposts, to the law! I could care less about the law at this moment. The law of man is irrelevant to this discussion. You were attempting to justify SSM by what the Bible said. You also tried to twist it say how it condones homosexuality and that all should accept it, thus you were wrong and were showed to be wrong.

Now, I don't care to legislate anything on anyone. I don't care to legislate a way of life on people they don't agree with nor condone. But hey, you have a few billion light years head start in that field. Don't let me stop you.

Last edited:
If Jesus owned a bakery, he would serve ALL His people.

Jesus was a carpenter, not a baker. And there you go presuming what Jesus would do.

I know for a fact that Jesus loved whores, but I also know that Jesus, in His professional capacity as a carpenter, wouldn't have participated in building a brothel.

Therefore, I also feel equally certain that if Jesus had been a baker, He would not have catered a homosexual wedding, despite loving homosexuals as His children.

This is because I attend a REAL church that teaches the difference between loving the sinner and loving the sin.

but at work, government and general society you have no right to force your religious view unto others and if you feel you do have that right then you have a lot in common with ISIL

Whoever said I had any intention of forcing my faith on anyone? See, this is what you don't get about me. I support the right for gays to marry under the LAW OF MAN, but under the law of God? I will fight against it in my faith with every ounce and fiber of my being. You better believe it.

Also at one point in the Christian religion they claimed the Mark of Cain was the African race, so you enjoy your religion of intolerance and hatred while the rest of the world marches on without you...

Lol, do you post anything that pops into that micro brain of yours?

Last edited:
If Jesus owned a bakery, he would serve ALL His people.

Jesus was a carpenter, not a baker. And there you go presuming what Jesus would do.

I know for a fact that Jesus loved whores, but I also know that Jesus, in His professional capacity as a carpenter, wouldn't have participated in building a brothel.

Therefore, I also feel equally certain that if Jesus had been a baker, He would not have catered a homosexual wedding, despite loving homosexuals as His children.

This is because I attend a REAL church that teaches the difference between loving the sinner and loving the sin.

Much truth to that. I was raised on that principle. I practice it all the time. All of us sin and fall short of the Glory of God. For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Jesus Christ our Lord. It's that simple.

It should amaze me how so many still drag their knuckles across the ground, but it does not...

First off the Christian religion is from Judaism and Judaism derives it origins from Greek and Sumerian mythology. Also the Christianity religion was actually from a Roman emperor that was a Pagan and created a religion to control the mass population through ignorance and fear.

Now what does what I wrote have to do with the OP?

Simple, the teaching to fear and hate homosexuals and their sexuality was written into the doctrines and the so call word of God was only words of man wanting to control the idiots of the world, and I take the Bible and it words with a grain of salt. In fact I would take the Book of Buddha as being more gospel than the Bible.

As for denying Gays and Lesbians a right to be equally miserable as everyone else, well society is changing and the old way of thinking is dying off like those that once screamed it was a sin for multiracial couples to be together.

Once it was against the law for a person of color to marry a white, and the USSC finally got rid of those idiotic laws, and the same will happen for same sex couples.

Now I will state a Church should not be forced to marry same sex couples, and in fact Churches usually do not marry anyone that is not part of their religion, so it should stay that way, but allowing civil Marriages or a Church to marry same sex couples should be allowed and they should not be deny the same right as a heterosexual couples.

As for the baker and refusal to bake a cake that depends on the local, state, and federal laws. A Baker should bake the cake but should not have to decorate the cake. I should have to put anti-gay slogans on a cake and a Christian baker should not have to put a Steve and Steve on the cake.

So as you grab your Bible please keep your religion out of government because you believe in a fairy tale book that was written by man is your choice but to tell everyone else they should also accept it and make it law is not your right, and make you like ISIL.

As I finish this long winded response in the end the OP'er and those that support the anti-gay view will be the dying breed and the world will march on and evolve for the better, and the bigoted way of thinking against will be a footnote in the history of this great land.

Fin

Now go and bash me with your Bible while I laugh at you for worshiping the Greek Titan Chaos...

Very informative, but there WAS one point you forgot to address: who actually asked you to address or approve of anyone else's beliefs?

Simple, the teaching to fear and hate homosexuals and their sexuality was written into the doctrines and the so call word of God was only words of man wanting to control the idiots of the world, and I take the Bible and it words with a grain of salt.

And that is your opinion. Don't go assuming you can tell us how to practice out faith. Understand?

Actually you can practice your religion all you want at your home and Church, but at work, government and general society you have no right to force your religious view unto others and if you feel you do have that right then you have a lot in common with ISIL...

Also at one point in the Christian religion they claimed the Mark of Cain was the African race, so you enjoy your religion of intolerance and hatred while the rest of the world marches on without you...

Actually, I can practice my religion all I want, anywhere I want. It's like a Constitutional right, or something.

If you feel YOU have a right to influence policy, while those you disagree with do not, then YOU resemble ISIS more than any of us. So you enjoy your pride and self-satisfied arrogance. Just remember what pride goeth before.

If you disagree then ISIL and you have a lot in common.

Hey, another liberal comparing us to terrorists. Well, you have achieved a new record. Quickest trip to my ignore list in 4 years. From Liberal to ignored in 0.00001 seconds flat.

Awww, did I write something that was not true in your eyes?

Fact is you write about how the Christian Bible says this or that but I am willing to bet you do not obey all the rules set forth in the Bible. I am sure you like to eat pork don't you?

Also I find it funny how you like to write about Christian values and from what I read from you the main thing you lack is true Christian values.

Your bigoted view is dying out and once those like you are dead and gone the world will be a better place. Also ISIL would be proud of those like you because you share a lot in common with Muslims like them from hatred of others to forcing your religion down the throats of non-christians, and you get offended when someone compares you to them?

Thin skin I would say, but what is new with those that really do not honor the teaching of Christ but instead prefer to spread their hatred and ignorance instead.

P.S.

I am as Liberal as Jesus was a Christian...

Fact is you write about how the Christian Bible says this or that but I am willing to bet you do not obey all the rules set forth in the Bible. I am sure you like to eat pork don't you?

Oh SWEET

Another "why don't you follow the Old Testament?" argument.

(FYI, no pork, just twinkies.)

Simple, the teaching to fear and hate homosexuals and their sexuality was written into the doctrines and the so call word of God was only words of man wanting to control the idiots of the world, and I take the Bible and it words with a grain of salt.

And that is your opinion. Don't go assuming you can tell us how to practice out faith. Understand?

Actually you can practice your religion all you want at your home and Church, but at work, government and general society you have no right to force your religious view unto others and if you feel you do have that right then you have a lot in common with ISIL...

Actually, I can practice my religion all I want, anywhere I want. It's like a Constitutional right, or something.

If you feel YOU have a right to influence policy, while those you disagree with do not, then YOU resemble ISIS more than any of us. So you enjoy your pride and self-satisfied arrogance. Just remember what pride goeth before.

No you do not have the right to pass laws based on your religion and the constitution does not protect your right to preach to me or annoy me with your Bible bashing ways.

It is those like you demand that I honor some book written by a Roman nutter and if I do not then I am denying you your right to force me to live by your rules. You should read the constitution because this nation allows everyone of freedom of religion and does not dictate which one we should obey.

Now of course you would demand that we obey the certain parts of the Bible while you ignore the rest of the bible because let face it you only use the bible when it fit your close minded bigoted view.

In the end ISIL would be proud of you and those like you were you Muslim and the truth is you have more in common with them than I do, and try to deny it because I am willing to bet your view on gays is about the same as a ISIL member and would condemn them to death because according to many nutters it is a sin according to their religious text written by man.

So thanks for showing your true ignorance and I am sure God speaks to you but in reality the voices in your head can be controlled by medication if you would seek help...

Forum List

Back