🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

San Diego spending millions to build elaborate tent facility for homeless

A recent report by the Department of Housing and Urban Development found the city of San Diego and the surrounding county had the fourth-highest population of homeless people in the country – a crisis prompting city officials to take big, yet costly, steps to get the situation under control.

In one of the more dramatic moves by California communities grappling with a growing homeless population, the city has pursued the construction of massive taxpayer-funded tents, trailers and other facilities to house those otherwise living on the streets and in their cars.

San Diego Mayor Kevin Faulconer, a Republican, signed off last week on a City Council-approved $11 million contract to fund through June 2020 three such “bridge shelters” for the homeless and a facility for people to store their belongings. The contract also laid the groundwork for the construction of a fourth bridge shelter.

“We’re taking dramatic action to move homeless people off the streets and get them help,” Faulconer told Fox News. “Our strategy is to connect, support and shelter them.”

The plan includes safe parking zones for people living in their cars or RVs.

8460538_orig.jpg
View attachment 266296
great-depression-al-capone-soup-kitchen-gettyimages-515513312.jpg
In Washington DC before I moved, during winter time outside the CNN HQ, around 30 homeless set up shop and CNN would provide them pup tents, because that was the humane thing to do, not assist the homeless by taking them into their building where there was heat and food.

Those pup tents was probably donated to them, and they just could figure out away to dump them without getting fined. CNN, the Clinton News Network will not help those that are in need.

Why did you post this picture, are you making fun of the Great Depression??

The Dems are saying that the Republicans are bring us back the way it was. But I don't think that it is the Republicans that are bringing us back to the way it was.

Liberals..progressing back to the middle ages. Im in San Francisco every few months...LA just three weeks ago...and in some places the smell is so horrific ladies wear scarves over their faces and run through them on the way to work. Ive actually gagged when traffic slowed too much Webster at 860 in Oakland.

Medieval Diseases Running Rampant Throughout California's Homeless Population

So ponder this...if California cant take care of hundreds of thousands living on the streets why do they invite in illegal immigrants?

...Trash trucks and contractors in hazmat gear have descended on the camp and so far removed 250 tons of trash, 1,100 pounds of human waste and 5,000 hypodermic needles...The amount of feces littering the streets in San Diego, Los Angeles and San Francisco has led to a hepatitis outbreak that spread throughout the state’s homeless communities, infecting 694 people...San Francisco’s feces problem is so bad that a website now exists to warn residents of which streets to avoid. Los Angeles raised taxes last year in order to build housing for the homeless and has started a roving toilet program...."
‘National disgrace’: Community fights back as California overrun by homelessness, human waste, needles

A recent report by the Department of Housing and Urban Development found the city of San Diego and the surrounding county had the fourth-highest population of homeless people in the country – a crisis prompting city officials to take big, yet costly, steps to get the situation under control.

In one of the more dramatic moves by California communities grappling with a growing homeless population, the city has pursued the construction of massive taxpayer-funded tents, trailers and other facilities to house those otherwise living on the streets and in their cars.

San Diego Mayor Kevin Faulconer, a Republican, signed off last week on a City Council-approved $11 million contract to fund through June 2020 three such “bridge shelters” for the homeless and a facility for people to store their belongings. The contract also laid the groundwork for the construction of a fourth bridge shelter.

“We’re taking dramatic action to move homeless people off the streets and get them help,” Faulconer told Fox News. “Our strategy is to connect, support and shelter them.”

The plan includes safe parking zones for people living in their cars or RVs.

8460538_orig.jpg
View attachment 266296
In Washington DC before I moved, during winter time outside the CNN HQ, around 30 homeless set up shop and CNN would provide them pup tents, because that was the humane thing to do, not assist the homeless by taking them into their building where there was heat and food.

Those pup tents was probably donated to them, and they just could figure out away to dump them without getting fined. CNN, the Clinton News Network will not help those that are in need.

Why did you post this picture, are you making fun of the Great Depression??

The Dems are saying that the Republicans are bring us back the way it was. But I don't think that it is the Republicans that are bringing us back to the way it was.

Let's remember that the Great Depression was brought to us by the GOP.

Tourists still pour in not knowing how bad things are.
and are leaving quickly.

most of my friends who go there are now telling me they will go elsewhere moving forward. in time when people see the reality, not the curtain, they'll get it and move away from it.

and are leaving quickly.

most of my friends who go there are now telling me they will go elsewhere moving forward. in time when people see the reality, not the curtain, they'll get it and move away from it.
San Diego will hit a wall and have to make a decision: Back the people who spread disease and drain money out of the city and country or clean up their mess and get back the tourist money that helps the city thrive.

That's called a no brainer...because undoubtedly a lot of leftist with no brains will want to continue pouring their money down a rat hole.

and are leaving quickly.

San Diego will hit a wall and have to make a decision: Back the people who spread disease and drain money out of the city and country or clean up their mess and get back the tourist money that helps the city thrive.

That's called a no brainer...because undoubtedly a lot of leftist with no brains will want to continue pouring their money down a rat hole.
yep. sooner or later their "utopia" will crash amidst the reality they created instead.

San Diego will just get more of what they don't want. How stupid and pointless is that?
-------------------- aw its ok with me , all i see and hear on FOX is that we need money for homeless invaders at the southern border that just recently and voluntarily left their homes . More taxpayer money needed for homeless invader kids and 'familia' so they have beds and games , food and entertainment and then transportation to somewhere in the USA to infect American kids with foreign ways and thinking in American Schools . Anyway stop the foreign invasion at USA Borders and use that 'invader' / mexican and 'otm' money thats gotten from USA taxpayers and used to pay for invaders . USE that money on American , drunks , druggies , hip hoppers , bums and jobless and other American feckups . At least the American feckups and homeless are Americans eh ??

and are leaving quickly.

Why do you think liberals want to federalize every problem? It lets them avoid "hitting the wall". As things get worse they will just suck more federal funds. New York and California are experts at this. San Francisco gets federal funds to hand out free needles..and then gets federal funds to hire crews to wear haz mat gear and sweep up needles from the street. Its insane. But reality is avoided.

Good its about time the US pays for its poor. All the while the rich live like kings and queens.

The enormous pop-up clinic trying to bridge America’s health divide | Amy Woolard

California needs to cap everyone's earning at $200000 a year and then take the rest and give it to the poor. With all the actors and actresses, singers, sports figures living there that should be fairly easy to level the playing field. So last year George Clooney made $239 million, he would take home $200000 and the rest the state of California would take for income equality. California could solve their much hated problem.

Tourists still pour in not knowing how bad things are.
and are leaving quickly.

Wouldn't it be nice for us who live and drive here if that was really true. But it's not.

Great ... San Diego needs more weirdos.

San-Jose%E2%80%99s-Comic-Con-Boosts-Local-Economy_thumbnail.jpg
My class reunion.
It's literally impossible to get tickets...tho if you go to some of the hotels you see almost as much.

I went to SDCC five years in a row. But I haven't been since 2015.
I hate going downtown during events....so crowded....we have relatives of relatives coming to town and want a tour of the Midway.....on the 4th of July. NO! I talked them down to the 3rd.....will still be crazy.

Forum List

Back