San Diego starts cleansing sidewalks, streets to combat hepatitis A

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Thanks to the invasion of transients that is getting worse all across this nation.

They are crapping everywhere.
Crews from the company Clean Harbors began power-washing sidewalks and street areas with a bleach and chlorine solution in downtown San Diego on Monday as part of an effort to stop the spread of hepatitis A among homeless people.

The area cleaned Monday included sidewalks around 17th Street and Imperial Avenue, where hundreds of homeless congregate and live in tents and other shelters along city streets. The cleanings will continue in other downtown areas on Wednesday and Friday and repeat every other week.

A hepatitis A outbreak has left 15 homeless people dead and hospitalized nearly 300 others over the past 10 months. A lack of adequate access to restrooms, showers and hand-washing stations is believed to have contributed to the spread.

Besides starting the washing program Monday, the city announced it was extending the hours of 14 restrooms in Balboa Park, which will be open 24 hours a day starting Tuesday.

San Diego starts cleansing sidewalks, streets to combat hepatitis A

I was just reading about this. Why on earth did they let it get to this level of an urban nightmare?

San Diego was once a great American city. But then again, so was Detroit -- a long, long time ago. Sad.

I've noticed the transient population really boom everywhere you look.
No doubt mostly fueled by the heroin epidemic.
These are not mom and pops who have lost their jobs and homes recently.
They are the hardcore mentally ill, alcoholics, drug addicts.

The city needs to ban sleeping in public and other aspects of homelessness. The homeless should be given free homes, or rooms in halfway houses, and arrested if found living on the street.

"given free homes" ?

Wow, seriously?

Yes, alcoholic homeless people often cost taxpayers over $100,000/year in medical and police services, to say nothing of what they do to our quality of life. Therefor homelessness should be effectively banned, and the only way to do that is to give the homeless housing.

Half of the black female population between 18 and 50 lives in nearly free housing, because of welfare for their bastard children. Why can't we do the same for homeless people?

We should build purpose-designed apartment buildings to house the homeless. Tiny apartments, strict rules, constant police presence, and access to certain professional services.

San Diego always has the option of putting out porta-pots where transients are heavy to curb the problem until they figure out something better.

I've noticed the transient population really boom everywhere you look.
No doubt mostly fueled by the heroin epidemic.
These are not mom and pops who have lost their jobs and homes recently.
They are the hardcore mentally ill, alcoholics, drug addicts.

By me I've noticed they are mostly young 20'ish people that look able enough to do menial labor, but probably just don't feel like doing it.

San Diego always has the option of putting out porta-pots where transients are heavy to curb the problem until they figure out something better.
When that is done, the homeless move into them and defend their posession.

When that is done, the homeless move into them and defend their possession.
I suppose they are stuck with that shit. They are after all a sanctuary city for illegals according to the illegals and the illegals are even considered by their Congressman Juan Vargas to be his constituents so they must all have rights to take dumps out in the public areas.

By me I've noticed they are mostly young 20'ish people that look able enough to do menial labor, but probably just don't feel like doing it.

I've even noticed some young, even pregnant, women panhandling. The young women can pay rent in trade, if nothing else. The pregnant women have a welfare system that will take care of all their needs. Lots of homeless men claim to be vets, but the government will help them get housing of they really are vets. I have no doubt many panhandlers have homes, they just find asking for money to be an easy way to make money.

I've even noticed some young, even pregnant, women panhandling. The young women can pay rent in trade, if nothing else. The pregnant women have a welfare system that will take care of all their needs. Lots of homeless men claim to be vets, but the government will help them get housing of they really are vets. I have no doubt many panhandlers have homes, they just find asking for money to be an easy way to make money.
I heard one guy, who panhandles, has his chauffeur pick him up in a Rolls at the end of the day.

I heard one guy, who panhandles, has his chauffeur pick him up in a Rolls at the end of the day.

Nice attempt at argumentum ad absurdum, but my point is the people I see panhandling by the highway by my house look like they are young and fit enough to at least work as day laborers.

Forum List

Back