Sanctuary cities release criminals back onto streets instead of notifying ICE

You said "the very people."

Get past picking on one little remark and offer an opinion on whether it's wrong for sanctuary cities to release criminals onto the streets instead of working with immigration to deport them. Why the hell do we want criminals with long records to remain here?

I agree with this; both the substance and you calling out the asshole who is taking bullshit potshots, but running like a coward from the issue.

I have posted this before, but I will do it AGAIN. I was recently a juror in a case that ironically ended up having the defendant deported. He had a family and a job here and had been here many years, but was an illegal alien. If you knew all the shenanigans my mayor is going through to keep illegals caught in the criminal justice system from being deported, you would roll your eyes and laugh. Breaking any law has penalties. Like it or not, and deportation is simply a result of violating a law. When people go to such great lengths maneuvering behind the scenes to help people avoid the law, that is called aiding and abetting. And it surely violates the understanding most voters have that our politicians will above all, respect ALL laws and the will of the people.

Obviously, the will if the people in your city is to maintain a sanctuary city. otherwise, they would have voted your mayor and city council out of office.
No, that isn't true at all, which why I am posting. It dosen't answer WHY politicians are intentionally allowing certain people to violate laws and actually are helping them do so, when deportation is ultimately the end result of being found guilty in a criminal case , besides jail time. And nobody was outraged at the trial I was a Juror in. Illegals gamble and they lost. They could just as well try to immigrate legally. And, I would like to elaborate, I think Politicians are more concerned with pandering to fickle outspoken activist groups of whatever minority group, for the sake of their careers, not because ideals or anything else. So these politicians are just gambling with OUR future to maintain their brief political careers.

Last edited:
You said "the very people."

Get past picking on one little remark and offer an opinion on whether it's wrong for sanctuary cities to release criminals onto the streets instead of working with immigration to deport them. Why the hell do we want criminals with long records to remain here?

200 years is a long time. Of course I do not support sanctuary cities or illegal immigration, as I've posted here hundreds of times.

Good.

Back in the early 80's , "Denver" (not me, but I digress), voted for Fredrico Pena. before this big push by hispanic voters, I never heard Spanish in public. There was NEVER a problem with illegal immigrants, we are like 1500 miles from the Mexican border. Until Pena. Then with in a year, 1985, I am seeing Spanish speakers only, Mexicans freshly from the border. and within ten years, entire areas of the city that were transformed into barrios that were once diverse and vibrant. And the sudden explosion of Hispanics that were just part of the background noise, became a crescendo. Did I miss something, or did the earth's axis shift and Denver suddenly was in the heart of Mexico? Why is a liberal black male so concerned with keeping illegals from being deported? Anyone care to speculate?

Last edited:
Anyone here illegally should have a tattoo across their face identifying them as an illegal. If they come back, they can be shot on sight by anyone, civilian or law enforcement.

No wall necessary.

Anyone here illegally should have a tattoo across their face identifying them as an illegal. If they come back, they can be shot on sight by anyone, civilian or law enforcement.

No wall necessary.

More childish waste of time.

I have posted this before, but I will do it AGAIN. I was recently a juror in a case that ironically ended up having the defendant deported. He had a family and a job here and had been here many years, but was an illegal alien. If you knew all the shenanigans my mayor is going through to keep illegals caught in the criminal justice system from being deported, you would roll your eyes and laugh. Breaking any law has penalties. Like it or not, and deportation is simply a result of violating a law. When people go to such great lengths maneuvering behind the scenes to help people avoid the law, that is called aiding and abetting. And it surely violates the understanding most voters have that our politicians will above all, respect ALL laws and the will of the people.

Obviously, the will if the people in your city is to maintain a sanctuary city. otherwise, they would have voted your mayor and city council out of office.
It's absolutely NOT the will of the city, it's certainly the will of somebody. I know even Hispanics that despise this current push to legalize illegals. And still, you skirt the question.and voices like you just ad to the confusion . Why can't we expect public representatives to follow immigration laws? Let's get to the crux of the matter.

http://www.vivacolorado.com/reportajes/ci_18379543?source=pkg?source=most_viewed

"The failure to teach the rich history of Latinos in this country and in Colorado is still a problem, said Paul Lopez, city councilman for Denver's District 3.

"Latinos, especially Mexicanos and Chicanos, our roots come way before the Spanish got here. We have to remember that we are indigenous, too," he said. "Why do people treat us like we just got here? I believe because historically our true story has not been told and is not being taught as part of U.S. American history."

Before Colorado became a state in 1876, various Native American tribes had lived in the area for some 13,000 years.

Following 1500, much of the population growth came from the Spanish and their missionaries. For decades the area was controlled by the Spanish crown and then by Mexico, until that country ceded the territory to the United States through the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo in 1848.

Virginia Sanchez, with the Colorado Society of Hispanic Geneology as well as editor and author of two books about Colorado's Hispanic pioneers, said it was at this point in history when the future of Latinos in the U.S. changed dramatically."

I resent how Hispanics have turned voting into a plebiscite over immigration.Special interest groups that want to violate laws want to redefine what immigration "IS". Their politics reminds me of the Tobacco or Petroleum industries. I remember project "Bracero" during WWII that drove the use of abundant Mexican labor (Mexico was non combatant state in the war) and how it fed into this love of cheap Hispanic labor, by mostly rich wealth elitist whites of any party that still profit from this years latter.They have lots of money and can cloud this as a racial /immigration issue. It's just cynical political games and sheer manipulation.

Last edited:
13 chances to deport the rapist, and they didn't want to.

In a sane world, these politicians would be mobbed by the outraged citizens and lucky to escape with their lives.
Instead they get reelected.

Seems like the feds should offer to reimburse cities for their cost of enforcing federal law, which isn't their job, but the feds, and many people on this board, seem to think that they should do the fed's jobs with city tax money. I guess it just isn't worth it to the feds to do that.

The Fed's already pay them. That's why there is talk of withholding their federal funds, as sanctuary cities are not in compliance with the requirements to receive those funds.

My bestie growing up was Hispanic from the San Juan valley of Colorado. Hispanics. They used to listen to KBNO. The only Spanish station I ever heard of for years, in Denver. And now? we are flooded with Spanish media, Spanish ONLY speakers and illegal aliens and I can can only thank the election of our first and so far, ONLY Hispanic mayor. It's quite a legacy he has corrupting a entire state. Bravo.

Latino roots run deep in Colorado

"The failure to teach the rich history of Latinos in this country and in Colorado is still a problem, said Paul Lopez, city councilman for Denver's District 3.

"Latinos, especially Mexicanos and Chicanos, our roots come way before the Spanish got here. We have to remember that we are indigenous, too," he said. "Why do people treat us like we just got here? I believe because historically our true story has not been told and is not being taught as part of U.S. American history."

Before Colorado became a state in 1876, various Native American tribes had lived in the area for some 13,000 years.

Following 1500, much of the population growth came from the Spanish and their missionaries. For decades the area was controlled by the Spanish crown and then by Mexico, until that country ceded the territory to the United States through the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo in 1848.

Virginia Sanchez, with the Colorado Society of Hispanic Geneology as well as editor and author of two books about Colorado's Hispanic pioneers, said it was at this point in history when the future of Latinos in the U.S. changed dramatically."

I am painfully aware of history ,enough to stop believing people that use it as a dodge. All we want is our politicians to follow ALL laws . Surprise . Stop couching this as fighting against racism or xenophobia. Just follow the laws you promise to keep when you are elected. We will decide , not politicians.

Eracism: Latino history in Boulder County - Boulder Weekly

"Back then, the signs in the storefronts read, “No dogs or Mexicans allowed.”

Today, unless you’re old enough to have had such images seared into your memory, it’s hard to believe that such hurtful idiocy could ever have existed so openly in our world, but it did. What is surprising to some folks is that these words weren’t posted in the downtown windows of some backwater town in the deep South or somewhere along our country’s war zone that we call the southern border. No, these ignorant, hate-filled messages were taped to the windows right around here. Welcome to Boulder County in the 1950s."

It's absolutely NOT the will of the city, it's certainly the will of somebody. I know even Hispanics that despise this current push to legalize illegals. And still, you skirt the question.and voices like you just ad to the confusion . Why can't we expect public representatives to follow immigration laws? Let's get to the crux of the matter.

Mary, I have no idea what you are ranting about. In the majority of voters in your town are opposed to having a sanctuary city, they would vote the city official out. It really is as simple as that.

Forum List

Back