Sanctuary Cities

You mean to say the Democrats would have to cooperate to protect our border security and they certainly won't while there is a Republican in the WH.

No, not at all. Someone was saying that Trump should simply withhold federal funds from sanctuary cities, and I simply told them Trump couldn't do that, as that particular power was taken from the presidency after Nixon boned it up. After Nixon, presidents could no longer withhold federal funds from anyone.
You mean it was taken away from future presidents by the Democrats.

Not at all. It was taken from Nixon by a bipartisan vote, as he had been abusing his powers of office.

Should the federal government due the sanctuary cities?
And, what will happen if they do

Exactly what do you mean by "due the sanctuary cities"? Are you saying to fine or tax them?

Withhold all federal funds from their cities/state, and I mean all. If they want to aid and abet federal criminals, they need to pay a price.

The only people that can do that is Congress. The president lost the power to withhold funds from state and city governments when Nixon abused that power.

That doesn't apply to discretionary grants. But yes, congress needs to act, of course that won't happen unless the republicans control the house. The commie say the country be damned.

Actually, if President Trump were as rabidly irresponsible as the Democrats he could effectively hold up funds for sanctuary cities. He could issue EO's that would deny them federal funds and then when the Democrats sue him and begin another impeachment, he could allow it to go to the Supreme Court and if he lost issue a new, slightly different EO and allow it to make its way to the High Court, and so on, effectively denying funds to those cities for years. Of course, winning both Houses of Congress would be preferable.

You mean to say the Democrats would have to cooperate to protect our border security and they certainly won't while there is a Republican in the WH.

No, not at all. Someone was saying that Trump should simply withhold federal funds from sanctuary cities, and I simply told them Trump couldn't do that, as that particular power was taken from the presidency after Nixon boned it up. After Nixon, presidents could no longer withhold federal funds from anyone.

Not at all. It was taken from Nixon by a bipartisan vote, as he had been abusing his powers of office.
lol Which power do you imagine he abused? Of course, there is no logical connexion between Nixon's cover up of he Watergate breakin and taking away the removing the power to cut funds from all future presidents.

lol Which power do you imagine he abused? Of course, there is no logical connexion between Nixon's cover up of he Watergate breakin and taking away the removing the power to cut funds from all future presidents.

I know it's Politifact, but for what it's worth..........

Updated - Trump-O-Meter: Cancel all funding of sanctuary cities

The large Dem cities are going to become third world Hellholes and the middle class is going to flee. Dems destroy their own tax base.

Forum List

Back