Sanders Wants to Ban All Fracking

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
Well reason number 2 that I wouldnt vote for Sanders.

Bernie Sanders: 'We are Going to Ban Fracking All Across' the USA

“If I win, we are going to ban fracking all across this country,” Sanders said during a morning press conference at the Spreckles Veterans Memorial Building in a rural farming community in Monterey County.

“Fracking not only threatens our water supply, it pollutes the air supply. it contributes to climate change, it is highly explosive and it has resulted in more earthquakes, something Californians know a little bit about,” Sanders added. He noted that Vermont was the first state to ban the practice and New York was the second to follow suit, but lamented that nothing has yet happened in California or the rest of the United States.

Isn't fracking what is causing all those little earthquakes in Oklahoma? Or is that just draining all the oil reserves under the ground? I'd much prefer to see us find other ways to get our energy than fracking, if it is at all possible. When you pollute the ground water, you're up the crick without a paddle.

Isn't fracking what is causing all those little earthquakes in Oklahoma? Or is that just draining all the oil reserves under the ground? I'd much prefer to see us find other ways to get our energy than fracking, if it is at all possible. When you pollute the ground water, you're up the crick without a paddle.
I was the same way until I read a report that it didn't hurt the water. Seems like it would IMO. But I am not a scientist lol

>

220px-KaraThrace.jpg

"Sanders Wants to Ban All Frackin"

Battlestar Galactica fans will know exactly what I mean. "No frackin way are we going to stop frackin."

>>>>

Last edited:

“If I win, we are going to ban fracking all across this country,” Sanders said during a morning press conference at the Spreckles Veterans Memorial Building in a rural farming community in Monterey County.

“Fracking not only threatens our water supply, it pollutes the air supply. it contributes to climate change, it is highly explosive and it has resulted in more earthquakes, something Californians know a little bit about,” Sanders added. He noted that Vermont was the first state to ban the practice and New York was the second to follow suit, but lamented that nothing has yet happened in California or the rest of the United States.

Are you sure what he is saying isn't true? Aren't most frackers going out of business anyhow?

Just proves Bernie's frackin' crazy, but us sane folks have known that for a long time.

I want Bernie to explain in technical terms exactly how fracking does all these horrible things. Not just "pollutes the groundwater" but explain the process from start to finish in the same language engineers and geologists use with each other.

That fracking can cause earthquakes is one theory, but I dont think it has been proven. The affect that fracking has on the underlying rock strata depends on the liquid they use to force the oil upwards, I would think.

Are you sure what he is saying isn't true? Aren't most frackers going out of business anyhow?

Many are having a difficult time with the drop in oil prices being forced by the Saudis.

All the 'Peak Oil' experts thought this could never happen and accuse the Saudis of manipulating the markets to put their competition out of business then they will drive prices up again.

I would think a business should ahve a model that allows them to make profits on oil at $30+ per barrel of oil.

“Fracking not only threatens our water supply, it pollutes the air supply. it contributes to climate change, it is highly explosive and it has resulted in more earthquakes, something Californians know a little bit about,”

Here's a little about the "climate change" concern:
But this new Harvard data, which comes on the heels of other aerial surveys showing big methane leakage, suggests that our new natural-gas infrastructure has been bleeding methane into the atmosphere in record quantities. And molecule for molecule, this unburned methane is much, much more efficient at trapping heat than carbon dioxide.
Global Warming’s Terrifying New Chemistry

And the air pollution concern:
These processes release numerous contaminants into the air, resulting in elevated concentrations of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs), methane, ozone, NOx and VOCs [volatile organic compounds] like benzene, formaldehyde, alkenes, alkanes, aromatic compounds, and aldehydes.
Many of these pollutant groups have been recognized by the Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry, Centers for Disease Control, Environmental Protection Agency, Occupational Safety and Health Administration, and National Institutes of Health as hazardous respiratory pollutants.
New Fracking Study Finds Children at Greater Risk of Respiratory Health Problems

And the "highly explosive" concern:
From 2015, in Texas:
Well Explosion Douses Texas Neighborhood Already Weary of Fracking
From 2013, West Virginia:
West Virginia Fracking Explosion Leaves At Least 5 People Injured

One thing everyone needs to keep in mind is that what Bernie wants may not be what Bernie gets, but I'd still like us to use alternatives if possible. Thanks, TN for the ground water article.

Fracking is kinda stupid since we can easily be run out of business. That combined with possible bad environmental effects makes me wonder why we do it at all.
They are getting run out of business because of cheap Saudi crude. They have been flooding the markets.
What are the possibly bad environmental effects?

Many are having a difficult time with the drop in oil prices being forced by the Saudis.

All the 'Peak Oil' experts thought this could never happen and accuse the Saudis of manipulating the markets to put their competition out of business then they will drive prices up again.

I would think a business should ahve a model that allows them to make profits on oil at $30+ per barrel of oil.

I agree. Why be in a business when you are not efficient at it?

Fracking is kinda stupid since we can easily be run out of business. That combined with possible bad environmental effects makes me wonder why we do it at all.
They are getting run out of business because of cheap Saudi crude. They have been flooding the markets.

Read the sanders rant in the OP. I've heard making well water toxic, earthquakes, all sorts of things. I can't say if any are true, but since it doesn't seem like a good business for us why risk it?

Read the sanders rant in the OP. I've heard making well water toxic, earthquakes, all sorts of things. I can't say if any are true, but since it doesn't seem like a good business for us why risk it?
I posted a study to the well water. IDK about earthquakes. Just because he says so, doesn't make it right.
Using domestic energy is bad business? Lol

We already have the way in the form of offshore drilling in the Pacific and Atlantic.
But the faux-black, segregationist-in-chief, economy-stifling hack president obama has banned it.

Forum List

Back