Sandy Hook families can sue gun manufacturers.

Should crime victims be able to sue gun manufacturers?

• Total voters
This is just another ploy to try to take one of our rights.
Make no mistake about it..............their agenda is to ban all guns here..............even though most of them deny it............

If they take the Supreme Court it will be a Kangaroo court and they will use Judicial Activism to get their way.......

Keep your powder dry...............they will be coming one day for all guns...................
agreed, they will never tell the truth about their motives

A AR 15 is no different that the
Guy, most people would agree Nancy Lanza never should have been allowed to buy a military grade weapon, and no one would want a crazy nut like Nancy living on their block.

No, I don't think "most" people would agree. What she purchased were legal weapons no different than you going to the store and buying a gallon of milk. She did nothing wrong. Her weapons were locked up in a gun cabinet (the way you libs always preach people should do) and the only time her son had legal access to those firearms was under her supervision.

Everyone seems to forget that her son killed her so he could take the weapons

no one has forgotten that. SHE gave him access to them even knowing he was dangerous.

Did she know he was dangerous? Did she think he would go on a murderous rampage?

I don't know that so please tell me how you know.

And then tell me how the gun manufacturer was liable for any deaths

i don't know if they are...

see my response here...

i do know they shouldn't have a blanket exemption from suit....they should be treated like any other manufacturer. THAT is what we're talking about.

Any manufacturer can be sued if their product is defective. That isn't the case here

People are looking to sue a third party for the actions of another.
So if one can sue a gun manufacturer because someone used a gun to kill someone then why not sue Louisville slugger if someone is beaten to death with a baseball bat ?( blunt objects are used in more murders than rifles btw)

How about suing the lumber yard that manufactured the wood for a set of stairs or the contractor who installed them being sued if a person is pushed down them and dies as a result?

Skinny people rarely get type II diabetes.
and type 2 never lose a limb to it,but type 1's do....so she was talking type 1 and they are not all fat....

Good Lord! The point totally flew over your head, huh? :rolleyes-41:

He's also wrong about Type IIs never losing a limb because of it.
how long have you been a diabetic bri?...
Dunno, exactly. I was diagnosed about 5 years ago.

I've had it since the age of 25. It sucks.

You can't see government using the courts to put companies out of business that they don't like as a bad thing? Because if anybody would set that precedent, then alcohol companies are next. Who would you like to live in a dry country????

he's a banoid asshole. If only conservatives drank, he'd be in favor of prohibition. it has nothing to do with public safety

Or children.

Fuck you. Fuck you big mother fucking time.

Stop making excuses for stupid. Had she lived she likely would have been prosicuted and rightfully so. It's called acountability. You don't manage your guns, you are acountable.

really? under what theory? how did he get the guns? HE KILLED the owner. we don't know if they were locked up and he forced her to open the safe but I will tell you something. If I have the power to KILL someone, I have the power to make them open a locked container

Well then it's hopeless? This didn't just happen all of a sudden. The kid had a history. If anyone should have known better it would have been her. It's sad, she did not deserve to die, but in the end she was the adult.

He had no "history" of violence. He was a withdrawn kid with autism. If she thought for a moment that he would KILL her, I'm sure she would have done something immediately. Hindsight is 20/20, of course.

Also, HE was an adult. He was 20 years old. You cannot just commit an adult. You have to go through court proceedings or they have to be an IMMEDIATE threat. IOW, they have to have made serious homicidal/suicidal threats.

and type 2 never lose a limb to it,but type 1's do....so she was talking type 1 and they are not all fat....

Good Lord! The point totally flew over your head, huh? :rolleyes-41:

He's also wrong about Type IIs never losing a limb because of it.
how long have you been a diabetic bri?...
Dunno, exactly. I was diagnosed about 5 years ago.

I've had it since the age of 25. It sucks.

Sorry to hear that. I didn't mean to make light of the disease itself. I know that it's a very terrible disease. :(

Damn, it stinks that this false flag crap just won't die. Whatever. Anyway, that Lanza got the guns was his mother's fault. Had she not been killed she would be the one who should face civil action as well as criminal charges. It was HER fault the boy got the weapon. Period. A law suit against Remington won't do anything but make them charge more for guns. In the end, they will lose. It's a shame that in this country acountability in flat out gone. I'm fat and is someone else's fault, I cut my finger, it's the knife makers fault because they made the knife sharp.

Fuck you. Fuck you big mother fucking time.

She liked to hunt. HOW THE HELL IS SHE RESPONSIBLE FOR HER FUCKED UP KID?..

First, she facilitated the murder of all those children by making the gun avaliable to her sick offspring. In most states had she not been shot she would have had charges brought and rightfully so. So fuck yo, fuck you big time. She is just as guilty for those dead kids as her son.deal with it.

Yeah, that will teach her to get killed and have her gun safe keys stolen from her.

So, this nutter is saying that killing the mother, stealing the keys, then stealing the guns, makes the mom responsible? Where does this stupid logic come from? Ray, how the hell can anyone deal with such a stupid premise?

Stop making excuses for stupid. Had she lived she likely would have been prosicuted and rightfully so. It's called acountability. You don't manage your guns, you are acountable.

Her guns were locked in a safe.

So, a criminal steals some guns to commit a crime, murder, robbery or whatever.

So tell me, what gun control measures would stop that from happening? Quote just ONE gun control law that would prevent that from happening?

Won? Nope. You haven't cited the language in the constitution that gives congress authority to restrict the acquisition and possession of arms by the people of the states.

You lose this one.

Tell you what, Buddy. Why don't you call up the ATF, tell them you have a shitload of sawed off shotguns and converted AR-15s but it's all okay, because the Federal Government doesn't have the authority...

Please, please, please do that.

He had no "history" of violence. He was a withdrawn kid with autism. If she thought for a moment that he would KILL her, I'm sure she would have done something immediately. Hindsight is 20/20, of course.

Also, HE was an adult. He was 20 years old. You cannot just commit an adult. You have to go through court proceedings or they have to be an IMMEDIATE threat. IOW, they have to have made serious homicidal/suicidal threats.

So you are for the only thing standing between us and a room full of dead pre-schoolers is the judgement of a woman like Nancy Lanza, a prepper nut who was stocking weapons and food like the Zombie Apocalypse was coming?

I think I want better assurances than that.

Make the gun companies pay a shitload of money, and we will get those assurances.

So you are for the only thing standing between us and a room full of dead pre-schoolers is the judgement of a woman like Nancy Lanza, a prepper nut who was stocking weapons and food like the Zombie Apocalypse was coming?

Make the gun companies pay a shitload of money, and we will get those assurances.

Do you have a link that she was "crazy" as you keep claiming? Now I asked before, and you still haven't produced any evidence that she was crazy.

No, criminals will still be able to get guns, silly boy.

Tell you what, Buddy. Why don't you call up the ATF, tell them you have a shitload of sawed off shotguns and converted AR-15s but it's all okay, because the Federal Government doesn't have the authority...

Please, please, please do that.
You STILL haven't cited the language in the constitution that gives congress authority to restrict the acquisition and possession of arms by the people of the states.

Do you have a link that she was "crazy" as you keep claiming? Now I asked before, and you still haven't produced any evidence that she was crazy.

Prepper = Crazy.

Again, not the "criminals" I'm worried about, as most gun deaths are regular folks who just had a really bad day.

You STILL haven't cited the language in the constitution that gives congress authority to restrict the acquisition and possession of arms by the people of the states.

I don't have to, as they already do so and have for decades.

For what?

Profiting off of death and misery...

Prepper = Crazy.

Again, not the "criminals" I'm worried about, as most gun deaths are regular folks who just had a really bad day.

I don't have to, as they already do so and have for decades.

For what?

Profiting off of death and misery...

Nope, prepper doesn't equal crazy. Lol.

Most shootings are due to criminals and gang violence.

Forum List

Back