Sandy Hook families can sue gun manufacturers.

Should crime victims be able to sue gun manufacturers?

• Total voters
and type 2 never lose a limb to it,but type 1's do....so she was talking type 1 and they are not all fat....

Good Lord! The point totally flew over your head, huh? :rolleyes-41:

He's also wrong about Type IIs never losing a limb because of it.
how long have you been a diabetic bri?...
Dunno, exactly. I was diagnosed about 5 years ago.

I've had it since the age of 25. It sucks.
Yeah, it sure does. It sure limits your diet.

Gang members and other violent criminals will continue to get weapons illegally. Your "gun control laws" target the wrong people.

Again, most gun deaths are people who live in the home where the gun is kept.... so no, we are targeting the right people.

There'd be 26 kids and teachers alive today if Nancy Lanza couldn't buy guns.

I don't have to, as they already do so and have for decades.

Yet you still can't point to the constitutional authorization for them to do so.

Profiting off of death and misery...

So the police and ATF should not purchase any guns from gun manufacturers?

the only reason why the Police and ATF have to be armed like soldiers is that the gun industry has flooded the market with guns.
I'm sorry you are too stupid to realize this.

When the gun industry has to start paying the loved ones of the people they kill, they will change their behavior.

So you're advocating that the police and ATF get rid of their guns too, right?

We're talking about weapons that are made for war," said Detroit Police Chief Ralph Godbee. "An AK-47 is a Russian-made weapon that is made for war. An AR-15, which is an answer to the AK-47... these high-capacity [guns]... you can shoot 50 to 60 rounds within a minute. Within a minute you can literally shoot through brick, shoot through steel."

Police Chiefs Are Right: Ban Assault Weapons

Gun Facts | Gun Control Facts Concerning Assault Weapons
Myth: Assault weapons are a serious problem in the U.S.
Fact: In 1994, before the Federal “assault weapons ban,” you were eleven (11) times more likely to be beaten to death than to be killed by an “assault weapon.” 3

Fact: In the first 17 years since the ban was lifted, murders declined 43%, violent crime 43%, rapes 27% and robberies 49%. 4

Fact: Nationally, “assault weapons” were used in 1.4% of crimes involving firearms and 0.25% of all violent crime before the enactment of any national or state “assault weapons” ban. In many major urban areas (San Antonio, Mobile, Nashville, etc.) and some entire states (Maryland, New Jersey, etc.) the rate is less than 0.1%. 5

Fact: Even weapons misclassified as “assault weapons” (common in the former Federal and California “assault weapons” confiscations) are used in less than 1% of all homicides. 6

Fact: Police reports show that “assault weapons” are a non-problem:

For California:

• Los Angeles: In 1998, of 538 documented gun incidents, only one (0.2%) involved an “assault weapon.”
  • San Francisco: In 1998, only 2.2% of confiscated weapons were “assault weapons.”
  • San Diego: Between 1988 and 1990, only 0.3% of confiscated weapons were “assault weapons.”
  • “I surveyed the firearms used in violent crimes…assault-type firearms were the least of our worries.” 7
For the rest of the nation:

• Between 1980 and 1994, only 2% of confiscated guns were “assault weapons.” 8
  • Just under 2% of criminals that commit violent crimes used “assault weapons.” 9
Fact: Only 1.4% of recovered crime weapons are models covered under the 1994 “assault weapons” ban. 10

Fact: In Virginia, no surveyed inmates had carried an “assault weapon” during the commission of their last crime, despite 20% admitting that they had previously owned such weapons. 11

Fact: Most “assault weapons” have no more firepower or killing capacity than the average hunting rifle and “play a small role in overall violent crime.” 12

Fact: Even the government agrees. “… the weapons banned by this legislation [1994 Federal Assault Weapons ban – since repealed] were used only rarely in gun crimes.” 13

So if someone kills someone with a knife, can they sue the knife manufacturers? Ridiculous.

Gravity knives, push buttons and stiletto knives are illegal and or controlled. Do you feel this is ridiculous too? Some guns and knives are produced for one reason and one reason alone - to kill human beings. A sane society controls things which put at risk the health and welfare of its citizens.

We're talking about weapons that are made for war," said Detroit Police Chief Ralph Godbee. "An AK-47 is a Russian-made weapon that is made for war. An AR-15, which is an answer to the AK-47... these high-capacity [guns]... you can shoot 50 to 60 rounds within a minute. Within a minute you can literally shoot through brick, shoot through steel."

Police chiefs are appointed and, especially in big cities, are appointed by leftists. But no, the .223 or .556 doesn't go through steel or brick. In fact it has less penetration in drywall than the 9mm. That chief probably never even held a gun.

So if someone kills someone with a knife, can they sue the knife manufacturers? Ridiculous.

Gravity knives, push buttons and stiletto knives are illegal and or controlled. Do you feel this is ridiculous too? Some guns and knives are produced for one reason and one reason alone - to kill human beings. A sane society controls things which put at risk the health and welfare of its citizens.
I can flip open my knife as fast as a switchblade. Cosmetic laws only serve to placate libtards for more votes. Like candy to a baby.

Fuck you. Fuck you big mother fucking time.

She liked to hunt. HOW THE HELL IS SHE RESPONSIBLE FOR HER FUCKED UP KID?..

First, she facilitated the murder of all those children by making the gun avaliable to her sick offspring. In most states had she not been shot she would have had charges brought and rightfully so. So fuck yo, fuck you big time. She is just as guilty for those dead kids as her son.deal with it.

Yeah, that will teach her to get killed and have her gun safe keys stolen from her.

So, this nutter is saying that killing the mother, stealing the keys, then stealing the guns, makes the mom responsible? Where does this stupid logic come from? Ray, how the hell can anyone deal with such a stupid premise?

Stop making excuses for stupid. Had she lived she likely would have been prosicuted and rightfully so. It's called acountability. You don't manage your guns, you are acountable.

Her guns were locked in a safe.

Her son got them so they weren't secure enough. That aside, the act was done, she is dead, he is dead, those children and teachers are dead. Won't wast breath saying the same stuff over and over. Especially since the thread was about Sandy Hook parents seeing gun makers, specifically Cerebus, Remington, Bushmaster.

Police chiefs are appointed and, especially in big cities, are appointed by leftists. But no, the .223 or .556 doesn't go through steel or brick. In fact it has less penetration in drywall than the 9mm. That chief probably never even held a gun.

You sure ?

I can flip open my knife as fast as a switchblade. Cosmetic laws only serve to placate libtards for more votes. Like candy to a baby.

Gee, goody good for you. At 100 paces I could hide behind a wall and kill you with the twitch of my finger. The only point you have ever offered is the one on top of your head.

Stop making excuses for stupid. Had she lived she likely would have been prosicuted and rightfully so. It's called acountability. You don't manage your guns, you are acountable.

really? under what theory? how did he get the guns? HE KILLED the owner. we don't know if they were locked up and he forced her to open the safe but I will tell you something. If I have the power to KILL someone, I have the power to make them open a locked container

Well then it's hopeless? This didn't just happen all of a sudden. The kid had a history. If anyone should have known better it would have been her. It's sad, she did not deserve to die, but in the end she was the adult.

He had no "history" of violence. He was a withdrawn kid with autism. If she thought for a moment that he would KILL her, I'm sure she would have done something immediately. Hindsight is 20/20, of course.

Also, HE was an adult. He was 20 years old. You cannot just commit an adult. You have to go through court proceedings or they have to be an IMMEDIATE threat. IOW, they have to have made serious homicidal/suicidal threats.

We take car keys from good folks who drank to much. Bartenders who serve folks who drink to much and have an accident can be sued for serving them. I could see trying to sue the gun shop, but not the manufacturer. I agree hindsight is 20/20.

You sure ?
Yep.

Gee, goody good for you. At 100 paces I could hide behind a wall and kill you with the twitch of my finger. The only point you have ever offered is the one on top of your head.
You have no counter to what I said because you can't counter it. What does you cowering behind a wall with a gun have to do with anything?

really? under what theory? how did he get the guns? HE KILLED the owner. we don't know if they were locked up and he forced her to open the safe but I will tell you something. If I have the power to KILL someone, I have the power to make them open a locked container

Well then it's hopeless? This didn't just happen all of a sudden. The kid had a history. If anyone should have known better it would have been her. It's sad, she did not deserve to die, but in the end she was the adult.

He had no "history" of violence. He was a withdrawn kid with autism. If she thought for a moment that he would KILL her, I'm sure she would have done something immediately. Hindsight is 20/20, of course.

Also, HE was an adult. He was 20 years old. You cannot just commit an adult. You have to go through court proceedings or they have to be an IMMEDIATE threat. IOW, they have to have made serious homicidal/suicidal threats.

We take car keys from good folks who drank to much. Bartenders who serve folks who drink to much and have an accident can be sued for serving them. I could see trying to sue the gun shop, but not the manufacturer. I agree hindsight is 20/20.
Like suing the auto dealer? Yeah, that makes perfect sense.

So you support the NRA position that any gun control is a violation of the 2nd A. and big governments effort to suppress the liberty of gun owners. It that correct?

Watch this before you answer:

Should the manufacturer of such weapons and armor be controlled, or does laissez faire rule the day?

You sure ?
Yep.

You are misinformed. That or I have superduper ultra magic bullets.

T

So you support the NRA position that any gun control is a violation of the 2nd A. and big governments effort to suppress the liberty of gun owners. It that correct?

Watch this before you answer:

Should the manufacturer of such weapons and armor be controlled, or does laissez faire rule the day?

Awesome vedio. When the shooting happened I could see 8 cope. Vato Loco was dropped with one shot kind of center mass. Good on them. So what's the point?

She didn't know he was dangerous.....he was a nonviolent, detached kid.......

everyone knew he was unstable. that's why his father had nothing to do with him. but please, continue to mischaracterize him.

He had autism. Autistic kids are oftentimes "weird." That doesn't make them dangerous or violent. Why don't you post your credentials here that makes you able to make such a diagnosis.

he was dangerous. that is why his father left.

that is not what i have read

got a link

thanks

i'll try to find it. it's what i have heard.

i'm pretty sure you've heard "there was nothing anyone could do".

well, except screen people who want guns appropriately.

i'm pretty sure you've heard "there was nothing anyone could do".

why do you make up shit like that

i asked a serious question

and this is the kind of bullshit i get back

you posted the dad left because the kid was dangerous

do you have a link or not

Like suing the auto dealer? Yeah, that makes perfect sense.

I agree. Or in wrycatchers vedio, say Vato Loco nailed the kid on the skate board, would his family sue Chevy? Completely stupid I agree. Going by the train of thought of those who saw bushmaster, the thug the cops shot could sue the cops as well as the company who made the gun they used to drop his ass. It's madness.

Forum List

Back