Santos Expelled from House

My, my. George Santos becomes only the sixth member in history to be expelled from the House. It would seem the latest crop of GOP lawmakers have been scraped from the bottom of the barrel, so hopefully this is some sign of reforms to come within the chamber.

Thoughts?

I suppose it's just as well. His antics were such a distraction that had he chosen to run again, there's no way he'd be re-elected, especially in a fairly reliable blue state.

There was no due process in this matter. You dolt.
Don't be such a moron.

Amid a deferral request from DOJ and Representative Santos’ obfuscation and delay, the ISC expeditiously compiled a voluminous record consisting of over 170,000 pages of documents and testimony from dozens of witnesses, including financial statements, contemporaneous communications, and other materials. That record demonstrated the breadth of Representative Santos’ misconduct. As discussed in the ISC’s Report:

Representative Santos sought to fraudulently exploit every aspect of his House candidacy for his own personal financial profit.

He blatantly stole from his campaign.

He deceived donors into providing what they thought were contributions to his campaign but were in fact payments for his personal benefit.

He reported fictitious loans to his political committees to induce donors and party committees to make further contributions to his campaign – and then diverted more campaign money to himself as purported “repayments” of those fictitious loans.

He used his connections to high value donors and other political campaigns to obtain additional funds for himself through fraudulent or otherwise questionable business dealings.

And he sustained all of this through a constant series of lies to his constituents, donors, and staff about his background and experience.

I bet Santos is sorry that he didn't run for office as a Democrat.

Dem cheaters lost in 2020 and everyone knows it. You people are illegitimate.

Who is this "everyone" you refer too? Polls say that only 3 in 10 Americans think that Biden stole the election. The same 3 in 10 people who think Trump was a great President.

In fact fewer and fewer Americans think that Trump is innocent of all charges and fit to run for office. You may be gullible enough to think that Trump should go free. Most Americans disagree,

Pending indictments don’t mean shit when you live in a country that presumes innocence until proven guilty. Schaffer blatantly and repeatedly lied about the Russian collusion nonsense. You know it, I know it.

Schiff didn't lie about anything. Trump did. Russian "collusion" has been proven. If you think otherwise, you're the liar.

Last edited:
I bet Santos is sorry that he didn't run for office as a Democrat.
qaw7hlgi4r3c1.png

has a democrat ever survived in congress with 23 criminal charges?

I am shocked that the repubs actually disciplined their own. It is telling that he has not been convicted of crimes, only indicted. The Ethics Committee did do a report, but can the repubs discipline Santos, who has a couple indictments and not discipline their 2024 frontrunner for the presidency...when he has far more indictments and of a more serious nature? Of course, they will ignore the similarities.
And yet they didn’t. Less than 100 votes to expel.

On that not… any Republican who voted to weaken the GOP ought to be voted out of ofice

Get on it Republicans

My, my. George Santos becomes only the sixth member in history to be expelled from the House. It would seem the latest crop of GOP lawmakers have been scraped from the bottom of the barrel, so hopefully this is some sign of reforms to come within the chamber.

Thoughts?

He is scum. A compulsive liar.
Reps liked him because he is a queer.

AR 30 round magazine why.jpg

Santos and the deceptive claims that he did not get any due process:

Stop Whining, Mr. Santos. You Got a Fair Shake.​

excerpts:
But here’s the thing: The process played out as it should. When expulsion is on the table, lawmakers are wise to chart a steady, methodical, small-c conservative path. There’s a reason Mr. Santos is only the third member voted off the island since the Civil War. Lawmakers are not above the law and should be expected to uphold high ethical standards. (Stop laughing!) But it is largely up to their constituents to hold them accountable.

Only in the most egregious cases should other lawmakers move to superimpose their will over that of voters, and even then only after due process. Without clear triggers — such as a criminal conviction or a meticulous report by a bipartisan committee tasked with such matters — the temptation to wield expulsion like a partisan weapon would become overwhelming. I mean, it’s bad enough that Marjorie Taylor Greene has taken to filing articles of impeachment against anyone who looks at her funny.

Santos and the deceptive claims that he did not get any due process:

Stop Whining, Mr. Santos. You Got a Fair Shake.​

excerpts:
But here’s the thing: The process played out as it should. When expulsion is on the table, lawmakers are wise to chart a steady, methodical, small-c conservative path. There’s a reason Mr. Santos is only the third member voted off the island since the Civil War. Lawmakers are not above the law and should be expected to uphold high ethical standards. (Stop laughing!) But it is largely up to their constituents to hold them accountable.

Only in the most egregious cases should other lawmakers move to superimpose their will over that of voters, and even then only after due process. Without clear triggers — such as a criminal conviction or a meticulous report by a bipartisan committee tasked with such matters — the temptation to wield expulsion like a partisan weapon would become overwhelming. I mean, it’s bad enough that Marjorie Taylor Greene has taken to filing articles of impeachment against anyone who looks at her funny.

Don't be such a moron.

Amid a deferral request from DOJ and Representative Santos’ obfuscation and delay, the ISC expeditiously compiled a voluminous record consisting of over 170,000 pages of documents and testimony from dozens of witnesses, including financial statements, contemporaneous communications, and other materials. That record demonstrated the breadth of Representative Santos’ misconduct. As discussed in the ISC’s Report:

Representative Santos sought to fraudulently exploit every aspect of his House candidacy for his own personal financial profit.

He blatantly stole from his campaign.

He deceived donors into providing what they thought were contributions to his campaign but were in fact payments for his personal benefit.

He reported fictitious loans to his political committees to induce donors and party committees to make further contributions to his campaign – and then diverted more campaign money to himself as purported “repayments” of those fictitious loans.

He used his connections to high value donors and other political campaigns to obtain additional funds for himself through fraudulent or otherwise questionable business dealings.

And he sustained all of this through a constant series of lies to his constituents, donors, and staff about his background and experience.

Go suck on Potato’s Depends.

Again, I don’t mind that the freak got kicked out. But there was no real rush. It could have and should have awaited a conviction.

A denial of the presumption of innocence (despite what you libturds claim) is a denial of due process

Thoughts?
Took to long.

I still don’t have a rat’s ass about Santos.

And the House rules are not part of the Constitution. And any House rule which denies a member of his or her presumption of innocence has gone afoul of the Constitution, itself.

You never have anything to tell anyone. Youre a void.
And yet Bluto you support the houses fact-less impeachment of President Biden.

Thoughts?
Fuck that lying POS! The only thing worse than that scumbag, were the anti-American mother-fuckers that voted for him!

Forum List

Back