Sarah Brady has died

Not can......must

Sell a gun to a criminal, go to jail

Then watch gun owners demand licenses

Okay....say you anti-gun nuts get your way and every time you lend your wife your gun you have to go get a background check....even though she has a concealed carry permit......

Now...you want to sell a gun and you put it on Ebay....you contact a buyer and they say they want to buy the gun and now you MUST, get them to go through a background check....

With me so far....

Now...they go and pass the background check with you.....and once they have the gun they sell it to the actual felon who asked them to buy the gun in the first place.....

Just like they do already...with the current background check system.....

And your super duper, extra fancy Universal Background Check has just been defeated the way it was defeated before it was super duper extra special........

and now that criminals are still getting illegal guns with this new universal background check.....you anti-gunners will come back and say....hey.....it just makes sense that we need to register all guns because it is obvious there is a loophole where people with who can pass background checks buy guns for those who can't........

We know how you anti-gun nuts think, we know what you anti-gun nuts want and we know the tactics you anti-gun nuts use......

So......we aren't going to give you one more gun, bullet or piece of equipment......

Seems so hard to do doesn't it?

Your wife has a license for a gun.....doesn't matter if you loan her one does it?
Say your wife doesn't have a drivers license and you loan her your car....you are still in big trouble

Selling your gun?
I have to see your license and I will transfer the title to you and I am off the hook for what happens to the gun
Other guy sells the gun to a felon? We have the gun registered in his name not yours

Its not hard.....Many, MANY countries have systems just like this and they have a gun homicide level of one quarter of ours

Your wife has a license for a gun.....doesn't matter if you loan her one does it?

Yes, it does........just because she has a permit you still have to do a mandatory background check everytime you move a gun from one person to another under universal background checks........everytime......

I have to see your license and I will transfer the title to you and I am off the hook for what happens to the gun
Other guy sells the gun to a felon? We have the gun registered in his name not yours

The whole fucking point to licenses for guns from you anti gunners is that by making everyone do a background check, and making everyone register their guns........is to stop felons from getting guns.......you post shows that the felon still got the fucking gun.............and the guy who sold or gave the gun to the felon.....who passed your stupid universal background check , and registered the gun or guns...simply reports the guns lost or stolen......defeating the entire fucking purpose of your universal background check and gun registration scheme...

The criminal still got the gun.....................

showing that from the moment it is put in place it is pointless and useless and completely, absolutely unnecessary........

Unless you want to jam up the law abiding gun owner who isn't on top of all of your stupid laws....then it will work like a charm........

You don't need background checks, you don't need registration it doesn't keep felons or mass shooters from getting the gun....

It does put normal, law abiding people at risk if they are not familiar with the gun laws....say a widow who wants to unload her dead husbands gun collection and sells a gun to a freind......and doesn't realize she needs a universal background check...........you assholes now get to put her in jail........while the actual felons still get their guns regardless of your background check schemes.........

Universal background checks are not necessary....as I have repeatedly said......if someone uses a gun to commit a crime....arrest them and put them in jail........no background check necessary, no registration necessary.....

If a felon uses a gun in a crime, or is simply in possession of a gun.....they can be arrested and put in prison.....no background check is necessary and no registration is necessary....

You guys don't care about gun crime....if you did that would be your focus.....what you are completely and utterly concerned about is the average person who wants a gun....for whatever reason.....that is the guy all these laws go after, not the felons....not the mass shooters.......you want to punish that guy and you want to scare other people by putting so many laws in place it is just not safe to even think about buying and owning a legal gun...since the average person has so much more to lose, and has every incentive to obey your stupid fucking laws......

We know how you nuts think, we know what you nuts want and we know the tactics you nuts will use.....

We will not surrender one more gun, bullet or piece of equipment......and we will no longer surrender increments of our freedom to your stupid schemes......no universal background check lie, no gun registration lie........

If you posess a license, there is no need for you to do a background check with every transaction. The license is your background check

It would make your life easier wouldn't it?

No it is not.....that is not true.....I have a concealed carry permit and an Illinois Firearm identification card...the State Police checked me out to get that card....every time I buyu a gun....they check me out..........every time...at a licensed dealer......the gun nuts want that for all transactions, all passing of arms to another person.......so if I have a gun and my wife has a permit....we need a background check for her to borrow my gun......dittos my friend if he wants to borrow my gun and go to the range even if he has a permit to carry and a Foid...........

You just don't get it........universal background checks don't stop criminals, and only affect lawful gun owners...........
How has all that Illinois bullshit worked out?

Is crime down in the 'hood because a farmer needs a permit from the Sheriff, with a photo ID(oh, the fuckin' HOROR) to buy .22 ratshot to keep his grain elevator vermin free?

You can ask him to go through a background check at the local guns store before you give him the gun. If he refuses, you don't sell him the gun.

and you know what.....you can do that right now....with no new laws, or registration or licensing........all on your little lonesome.....

Not can......must

Okay....say you anti-gun nuts get your way and every time you lend your wife your gun you have to go get a background check....even though she has a concealed carry permit......

Now...you want to sell a gun and you put it on Ebay....you contact a buyer and they say they want to buy the gun and now you MUST, get them to go through a background check....

With me so far....

Now...they go and pass the background check with you.....and once they have the gun they sell it to the actual felon who asked them to buy the gun in the first place.....

And your super duper, extra fancy Universal Background Check has just been defeated the way it was defeated before it was super duper extra special........

and now that criminals are still getting illegal guns with this new universal background check.....you anti-gunners will come back and say....hey.....it just makes sense that we need to register all guns because it is obvious there is a loophole where people with who can pass background checks buy guns for those who can't........

We know how you anti-gun nuts think, we know what you anti-gun nuts want and we know the tactics you anti-gun nuts use......

So......we aren't going to give you one more gun, bullet or piece of equipment......

Say your wife doesn't have a drivers license and you loan her your car....you are still in big trouble

Selling your gun?

Its not hard.....Many, MANY countries have systems just like this and they have a gun homicide level of one quarter of ours

Yes, it does........just because she has a permit you still have to do a mandatory background check everytime you move a gun from one person to another under universal background checks........everytime......

The whole fucking point to licenses for guns from you anti gunners is that by making everyone do a background check, and making everyone register their guns........is to stop felons from getting guns.......you post shows that the felon still got the fucking gun.............and the guy who sold or gave the gun to the felon.....who passed your stupid universal background check , and registered the gun or guns...simply reports the guns lost or stolen......defeating the entire fucking purpose of your universal background check and gun registration scheme...

showing that from the moment it is put in place it is pointless and useless and completely, absolutely unnecessary........

Unless you want to jam up the law abiding gun owner who isn't on top of all of your stupid laws....then it will work like a charm........

You don't need background checks, you don't need registration it doesn't keep felons or mass shooters from getting the gun....

It does put normal, law abiding people at risk if they are not familiar with the gun laws....say a widow who wants to unload her dead husbands gun collection and sells a gun to a freind......and doesn't realize she needs a universal background check...........you assholes now get to put her in jail........while the actual felons still get their guns regardless of your background check schemes.........

Universal background checks are not necessary....as I have repeatedly said......if someone uses a gun to commit a crime....arrest them and put them in jail........no background check necessary, no registration necessary.....

If a felon uses a gun in a crime, or is simply in possession of a gun.....they can be arrested and put in prison.....no background check is necessary and no registration is necessary....

You guys don't care about gun crime....if you did that would be your focus.....what you are completely and utterly concerned about is the average person who wants a gun....for whatever reason.....that is the guy all these laws go after, not the felons....not the mass shooters.......you want to punish that guy and you want to scare other people by putting so many laws in place it is just not safe to even think about buying and owning a legal gun...since the average person has so much more to lose, and has every incentive to obey your stupid fucking laws......

We know how you nuts think, we know what you nuts want and we know the tactics you nuts will use.....

We will not surrender one more gun, bullet or piece of equipment......and we will no longer surrender increments of our freedom to your stupid schemes......no universal background check lie, no gun registration lie........

If you posess a license, there is no need for you to do a background check with every transaction. The license is your background check

And the whole fucking point.........you guys say this is all to stop criminals from getting guns.......I have shown that the criminal gets the gun, everytime, just as easily with the new background check silliness as the old silliness, and even if you mandate gun registration......so it doesn't even do what you say you want it to do....

But you are sure confident that I will be protected............considering I haven't broken the law and I am not a criminal to start with....but if you mandate universal background checks and gun registration......you have just increased MY chances of running afoul of the law and becoming a felon.....

And that is exactly what you want......

So screw you guys.....

OK private gun owner

How do you know the guy buying your AR-15 with cash doesn't have a felony conviction?

You can ask him to go through a background check at the local guns store before you give him the gun. If he refuses, you don't sell him the gun.

and you know what.....you can do that right now....with no new laws, or registration or licensing........all on your little lonesome.....

Not can......must

With me so far....

Selling your gun?

They would have a gun murder rate one quarter of ours without this system because before they had their systems they already had less violence...just like Britain...they had less gun murders than us before they confiscated their guns..........and now they have 2 times the violence that we have....Sweden....is the rape capitol of the world.....Iceland is awash in guns and they have a lower murder rate than us.....

Again....it is culture, not guns that are our problem....our inner city gangs do the shootings and murders...not John Q. Public.......and yet all of your laws are aimed at the law abiding .....you could care less about actual gun murders being stopped........

And Canada tried registering just long guns.........and gave up.....the system didn't work and it cost too much and used to much man power....for only 15 million long guns, not including hand guns......and they gave it up....

We have over 320 million guns in 90 million homes, with over 11.1 million people carrying guns for self defense.........and only 8-9,000 gun murders.........there is no way this government can register guns or do backgroundchecks on every gun sale.........the only ones who will suffer are the good guys....the bad guys will still get their guns....

morons.......

Iceland ?

Why do you insist on proving my point for me?

Iceland Plenty Of Guns But Hardly Any Violence

This could possibly be attributed to strict gun control laws in Iceland -- a national database registers and tracks all guns, and all gun buyers must be licensed by the state to possess firearms.
The Grapevine noted that the vast majority of weapons in Iceland consist of shotguns and hunting rifles -- and very few handguns.
Elvar Árni Lund, chairman of the Hunting Association of Iceland, told Iceland Review: “Semi-automatic rifles are banned and handgun ownership is fortunately low, mostly in connection with sharpshooting. Gun ownership in Iceland is mostly for the purpose of hunting and practicing sport.”

Since you brought up the topic of Iceland....I could support going to their gun rules....can you?

Last edited:

With me so far....

Selling your gun?

No it is not.....that is not true.....I have a concealed carry permit and an Illinois Firearm identification card...the State Police checked me out to get that card....every time I buyu a gun....they check me out..........every time...at a licensed dealer......the gun nuts want that for all transactions, all passing of arms to another person.......so if I have a gun and my wife has a permit....we need a background check for her to borrow my gun......dittos my friend if he wants to borrow my gun and go to the range even if he has a permit to carry and a Foid...........

You just don't get it........universal background checks don't stop criminals, and only affect lawful gun owners...........
How has all that Illinois bullshit worked out?

Is crime down in the 'hood because a farmer needs a permit from the Sheriff, with a photo ID(oh, the fuckin' HOROR) to buy .22 ratshot to keep his grain elevator vermin free?

Chicago is still resisting...and the gangs are still killing...except the gang members doing all the killing don't have to pay 150 dollars for 4 hours of law classes, 150 dollars for 5 hours of range time, and another 150 for another 8 hours of some other gun class....and then submit paperwork after they get the FOID card, paying a fee of course, then paying a fee for the concealed carry permit...........

They go to the local drug dealer and buy the gun in 10 minutes.......and go and commit their murder.......no background check, or gun registration required......

liberals are fucking morons...

Not can......must

With me so far....

Selling your gun?

They would have a gun murder rate one quarter of ours without this system because before they had their systems they already had less violence...just like Britain...they had less gun murders than us before they confiscated their guns..........and now they have 2 times the violence that we have....Sweden....is the rape capitol of the world.....Iceland is awash in guns and they have a lower murder rate than us.....

Again....it is culture, not guns that are our problem....our inner city gangs do the shootings and murders...not John Q. Public.......and yet all of your laws are aimed at the law abiding .....you could care less about actual gun murders being stopped........

And Canada tried registering just long guns.........and gave up.....the system didn't work and it cost too much and used to much man power....for only 15 million long guns, not including hand guns......and they gave it up....

We have over 320 million guns in 90 million homes, with over 11.1 million people carrying guns for self defense.........and only 8-9,000 gun murders.........there is no way this government can register guns or do backgroundchecks on every gun sale.........the only ones who will suffer are the good guys....the bad guys will still get their guns....

morons.......

Iceland ?

Why do you insist on proving mypoint for me?

You are a blatant racist for pointing out that an almost totally white society does not have the rate of violence as our multi-cultural, pluralistic society.

Not can......must

With me so far....

Selling your gun?

morons.......

Iceland ?

Yes...they don't have a culture of violence....and they have plenty of guns........if they had a culture of violence their background checks and registration wouldn't stop their people from killing each other..........are you dense....?

Not can......must

With me so far....

Selling your gun?

morons.......

Iceland ?

Yes...they don't have a culture of violence....and they have plenty of guns........if they had a culture of violence their background checks and registration wouldn't stop their people from killing each other..........are you dense....?

They have a strict gun registry and gun licensing.....just like I am advocating
They also have guns primarily for hunting and target shooting and very few handguns

Ready to move to Icelands example?

We could have a murder rate like theirs

these threads are great especially because they show how the lefty anti gunners like ' Kondor ' really think as they put their thinking into words online . Its a record of sorts .
Horseshit.

I am a staunch defender of our traditional and sacred Right to Bear Arms.

And I will pick up a rifle and stand alongside you at the barricades, should the Government ever attempt to take them en masse.

I merely advocate for sane and sensible registration and licensing and related nationwide standards and enforcement mechanisms in an age of increasing violence and terrorism and population and economic pressures, as a necessity in moving forward into the future more safely and more accountably, while preserving our traditional and sacred Rights.

Your inability (or unwillingness) to realize or acknowledge that Reality and Truism is your cross to bear, not mine.

I'll defend to the death, your (and my) traditional and sacred Right to Bear Arms.

But I'll advocate for registration and licensing et al as a sensible and safer war forward into the future.

All your protestations and ridicule to the contrary notwithstanding.
"But I'll advocate for registration and licensing et al as a sensible and safer WAR forward into the future."

You know what Freud said about such "slips".
And just what sort of Freudian 'slip' would THAT be?

Typing 'war' instead of 'way'?

Probably has something to do with posting in a half-dozen threads focused upon the possibility of war with Iran or the ongoing Israeli-Palestinian war, and being tired, and it being early in the morning, and putting on a couple of extra years, and having a 1/2-half-second-long Brain Fart while typing... uhhhh.... yeah... let's make that a Freudian thing... right.

Not.

Now... if you're done playing Grammar and Vocabulary and Typo Nazi... what's your next substantive contribution to the broader conversation?

BS , not going to get to ICELANDS murder rate by removing guns from people that don't do violence . And yeah , the Second Amendment has nothing to do with hunting or target shooting RWinnger !!

yeah , your words are good to see Kondor3 , you put your lefty gun grabbing words into the internet so that they can be seen , read , re read and referred back too . Its really a good deal for 'pro gun' pro freedom people to have you leftists on record !! Same for RWinger , BFG , Brian and a few others like 'you' !! And good morning to all !!

...so if I have a gun and my wife has a permit....we need a background check for her to borrow my gun...
Nonsense.

If your wife has a Firearms License, then simply put her name on the Registration for that weapon as an Authorized Secondary User. Problem solved.

...dittos my friend if he wants to borrow my gun and go to the range even if he has a permit to carry and a Foid....
If your friend has a Firearms License, then simply put his name on the Registration for that weapon as an Authorized Secondary User. Problem solved.

...You just don't get it........universal background checks don't stop criminals, and only affect lawful gun owners...........
True.

However, Universal Background Checks, combined with Universal (National) Standards for Licensing and Registration, will dry-up and thin-out Illegal Weapons pipelines over time and introduce Owner Accountability into the mix, in ensuring the security of firearms and their legal transfer from one party to another.

By itself? Nope. In tandem with other related measures? Absolutely. Part of a holistic approach and a sane, logical solution that holds great promise for enhancing public safety while preserving our traditional and sacred Right to Bear Arms... Win-Win.

yeah , your words are good to see Condor , you put your lefty gun grabbing words into the internet so that they can be seen , read , re read and referred back too . Its really a good deal for 'pro gun' pro freedom people to have you leftists on record !! Same for RWinger , BFG , Brian and a few others like 'you' !! And good morning to all !!
Lefty?

Hardly.

My opposites on the subject of both Israel and Iran perceive me as two or three notches to the Right of Atilla the Hun.

My tendency to throw 3 or 4 times more rocks at Dems than I do Pubs places me in the Center or to the Right of Center, also.

But part of the definition of a Centrist, in a political context, is that you support SOME ideas from BOTH sides of the aisle, and adaptions that borrow from each.

There is nothing particularly 'Leftist' about advocating for National Standards for firearms registration and owner licensing and greater accountability, without infringing upon Rights. More Leftists support it than Centrists or Rightists, but it's not uniquely Leftist, by any means or stretch of logic or the imagination.

More like advocacy on behalf of sanity and enhancement of public safety, in an age of increasing danger and violence and economic uncertainty.

Reduced to dispassionate dialogue, processed by objective and logical minds, Registration and Licensing and National Standards are the Future, and a common-sense compromise between the Greater Need (Public Safety, in this case) and Individual Rights, without infringing upon those sacred Rights.

You can fight the Future all you like, but, in the end, you will be part of it.

I understand your angst or alarm.. I simply don't share it... and you are wrong to attribute Gun-Grabber status to those advocating for Registration and Licensing and Standards.

There's a huge difference between a Gun-Grabber - or Leftie-Gun-Grabber - and the sort of sane and logical and legal way forward being discussed in these exchanges.

But, it's in your best interests, to posture and flail-about and try to convince people that that's not the case.

You will fail, in trying to position me, and others, as Leftist Gun-Grabbers in this context.

That, too, is guaranteed, no matter how many naysayers and gainsayers you bring to the table, trying to pretend otherwise.

Have a good morning.

Last edited:
...They have a strict gun registry and gun licensing.....just like I am advocating They also have guns primarily for hunting and target shooting and very few handguns Ready to move to Icelands example? We could have a murder rate like theirs
Hell, even if we don't achieve the Murder Rate of a flyspeck like Iceland, most of us out in the Real World would settle for a substantial reduction in that Rate over time, as new Federal Standards were implemented, and had some years to get traction and to begin producing results.

Hell, we could even agree to 'sunset' the new Standards after X years, subject to periodic renewal, as a control measure, to determine whether they're working as envisioned and having a sufficient impact to justify the effort, and to reassure most of the less-paranoid who might otherwise object more strenuously.

There is almost always a way forward between sane people of goodwill who hold opposing opinions.

Not can......must

With me so far....

Selling your gun?

morons.......

Iceland ?

This could possibly be attributed to strict gun control laws in Iceland -- a national database registers and tracks all guns, and all gun buyers must be licensed by the state to possess firearms.
The Grapevine noted that the vast majority of weapons in Iceland consist of shotguns and hunting rifles -- and very few handguns.
Elvar Árni Lund, chairman of the Hunting Association of Iceland, told Iceland Review: “Semi-automatic rifles are banned and handgun ownership is fortunately low, mostly in connection with sharpshooting. Gun ownership in Iceland is mostly for the purpose of hunting and practicing sport.”

Since you brought up the topic of Iceland....I could support going to their gun rules....can you?

Sorry... there is a point to my using Iceland....Puerto Rico has just as strict gun control laws as Iceland, in fact, their gun control laws are stricter than the gun control laws of the rest of the United States, and add on top of that, they are an Island nation, where you can't just drive guns across an open border.....so they have strict gun control, and according to VICE T.V. they are the murder capitol of the world......

And then we have Iceland....huge gun ownership rate, strict regulation of guns....just like Puerto Rico....and almost 0 crime of any kind...why....from the BBC...something you didn't post in order to post anti gun propaganda....

Why is violent crime so rare in Iceland - BBC News

Violent crime was virtually non-existent. People seemed relaxed about their safety and that of their children to the point where parents left their babies outside and unattended.

I'd spent time in Norway, Sweden, and Denmark, but those countries now appeared plagued with crime by comparison.

Once I got back to America, I changed my thesis topic.

I wanted to know what Iceland was doing right.

Frankly, there is no perfect answer as to why Iceland has one of the lowest violent crime rates in the world.

According to the 2011 Global Study on Homicide by the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC), Iceland's homicide rate between 1999-2009 never went above 1.8 per 100,000 population on any given year.

Homicide count in 2009

• Brazil 43,909
  • Denmark 47
  • Iceland 1
  • UK 724
  • US 15,241
Source: Global Study on Homicide (UN)

On the other hand, the US had homicide rates between 5.0 and 5.8 per 100,000 population during that same stretch.

After visits with professors, government officials, lawyers, journalists and citizens, the pie-chart breakdown became clear - though admittedly, it is impossible to determine how much each factor contributes.

First - and arguably foremost - there is virtually no difference among upper, middle and lower classes in Iceland. And with that, tension between economic classes is non-existent, a rare occurrence for any country.

The tycoon's children go to school with everyone else
Björgvin Sigurðsson, Social Democratic Alliance
A study of the Icelandic class system done by a University of Missouri master's student found only 1.1% of participants identified themselves as upper class, while 1.5% saw themselves as lower class.

The remaining 97% identified themselves as upper-middle class, lower-middle class, or working class

So again.......gun control laws don't stop gun murders...as per Iceland and Puerto Rico........culture stops gun murder...and our inner city culture is a violent culture.....that is why we have so much gun murder....

also....

In addition, there are, comparatively speaking, few hard drugs in Iceland.
According to a 2012 UNODC report, use among 15-64-year-olds in Iceland of cocaine was 0.9%, of ecstasy 0.5%, and of amphetamines 0.7%.

Last edited:
Not can......must

With me so far....

Selling your gun?

morons.......

Iceland ?

Sorry... there is a point to my using Iceland....Puerto Rico has just as strict gun control laws as Iceland, in fact, their gun control laws are stricter than the gun control laws of the rest of the United States, and add on top of that, they are an Island nation, where you can't just drive guns across an open border.....so they have strict gun control, and according to VICE T.V. they are the murder capitol of the world......

And then we have Iceland....huge gun ownership rate, strict regulation of guns....just like Puerto Rico....and almost 0 crime of any kind...why....from the BBC...something you didn't post in order to post anti gun propaganda....

Lets see....

Your point would be....Puerto Rico is not Iceland

With me so far....

Selling your gun?

morons.......

Iceland ?

They also have guns primarily for hunting and target shooting and very few handguns

Then you would have to remove the various ethnic and racial groups and get rid of drugs.....are you prepared to deal with that...the real problem.......I thought not....

With me so far....

Selling your gun?

morons.......

Iceland ?

Lets see....

Your point would be....Puerto Rico is not Iceland

YOu can take out all the licensing and background checks from Iceland and they will still not have the gun murder rate we do......there is nothing to the Icelandic scheme that keeps their criminals from using guns to commit gun crimes.....other than the fact that their people are less criminally inclined all together, let alone the violent kind........

get rid of all of Icelands stupid gun laws and you still won't have a gun murder problem...because of their culture.....

The Icelandic gun control scheme has done nothing to stop gun violence.......neither would it stop gun violence here in the U.S.........getting gangs to stop killing people would....but you guys don't care about that........you only care about law abiding people who want to own guns.....

...They have a strict gun registry and gun licensing.....just like I am advocating They also have guns primarily for hunting and target shooting and very few handguns Ready to move to Icelands example? We could have a murder rate like theirs
Hell, even if we don't achieve the Murder Rate of a flyspeck like Iceland, most of us out in the Real World would settle for a substantial reduction in that Rate over time, as new Federal Standards were implemented, and had some years to get traction and to begin producing results.

Hell, we could even agree to 'sunset' the new Standards after X years, subject to periodic renewal, as a control measure, to determine whether they're working as envisioned and having a sufficient impact to justify the effort, and to reassure most of the less-paranoid who might otherwise object more strenuously.

There is almost always a way forward between sane people of goodwill who hold opposing opinions.

Kondor.......not one of your ideas will do anything to stop gun murders....nothing...at all....and sadly, you are not a deep thinker.....if you were you wouldn't cling to this dumb idea about background checks and registration.......

I have shown that background checks don't work and are easily avoided by criminals, I have shown how gun registration doesn't work and how easily criminals get around them....they don't do anything at all to stop gun crime...........not the 8-9,000 gun murders each year or the mass shooters....most of whom passed background checks and the ones who didn't got their guns illegally, including murdering the actual owners.......the Santa Barbara shooter even used legally mandated 10 round magazines....so even that is a stupid idea..........

keep saying you want things that don't work.........you just sound dumb.....

...so if I have a gun and my wife has a permit....we need a background check for her to borrow my gun...
Nonsense.

If your wife has a Firearms License, then simply put her name on the Registration for that weapon as an Authorized Secondary User. Problem solved.

...dittos my friend if he wants to borrow my gun and go to the range even if he has a permit to carry and a Foid....
If your friend has a Firearms License, then simply put his name on the Registration for that weapon as an Authorized Secondary User. Problem solved.

...You just don't get it........universal background checks don't stop criminals, and only affect lawful gun owners...........
True.

However, Universal Background Checks, combined with Universal (National) Standards for Licensing and Registration, will dry-up and thin-out Illegal Weapons pipelines over time and introduce Owner Accountability into the mix, in ensuring the security of firearms and their legal transfer from one party to another.

By itself? Nope. In tandem with other related measures? Absolutely. Part of a holistic approach and a sane, logical solution that holds great promise for enhancing public safety while preserving our traditional and sacred Right to Bear Arms... Win-Win.

There is no reason to require putting anyones name on a registration for a gun......and since doing so does nothing to stop one criminal from getting a gun there is no reason it needs to be done.......other than to jam up law abiding people who don't know the law.....

If no one does a background check, and no one gets their guns registered, and you sell to a criminal....and he is caught with the gun.......he goes to jail.......that is gun control....

If you don't do a background check and you don't register your gun and you sell a gun to a felon and he is caught with it.....he goes to jail....

In neither case is a background check required to put the criminal in jail.....

What works....put that guy in jail for 10-15 years......that is how you dry up the desire to own guns by criminals, and how you keep gun murders from happening....since the felons will be in jail for a long time........

Kondor....saying that doesn't make it true....it dries up nothing, it doesn't thin out illegal pipelines...you are just saying that without meaning anything behind it.....I could say sprinkling pixie dust in my garden will eventually dry up and thin out illegal weapons pipelines and it would be just as true as your ideas...........

There is no mechanism in background checks or gun registration that discourages criminals or keeps them from getting guns....none....they aready get past current federally required background checks and will avoid new "Universal Background Checks" the same way the very minute they go on line..........

Your ideas are shit Kondor....they don't stop crime, they are Un Constitutional, and they have already failed in countries where they have tried them....in Particular...Canada, France, Denmark, Britain, Sweden, Australia..........Puerto Rico....and about 100 other countries with strict gun control laws.....

Selling your gun?

morons.......

Iceland ?

Then you would have to remove the various ethnic and racial groups and get rid of drugs.....are you prepared to deal with that...the real problem.......I thought not....

I'm willing to use Icelands views on drugs also and not fill our prisons because of a useless drug war

Forum List

Back