Sarah Huckabee Sanders erupts: "ESPN must fire host for calling Trump white supremacist"

theres obviously a double standard for conservatives and liberals at BSPN. With that said, I just want them to focus on sports and stay away from politics. I know that may be too much to ask in this climate where everything is about politics, but it would be nice. I dont watch BSPN unless I'm watching a game. Its gotten that bad.

ESPN made no statement about politics. That's Rodishi's red herring --- he brought that bullshit in.

maybe not this time, but they're well known for bombarding their viewers with their left wing political views.

ESPN is a sports channel. That's what the S is for. They don't do politics anywhere I'm aware of.
Got an example?

Even if they did it would still have nothing to do with this issue. Bottom line is still an immature narcissist who can't handle the heat and can't take the responsibility for his own shit, trying to intimidate somebody through their employer. Which is what he always does because he's a whiny little bitch.

theres obviously a double standard for conservatives and liberals at BSPN. With that said, I just want them to focus on sports and stay away from politics. I know that may be too much to ask in this climate where everything is about politics, but it would be nice. I dont watch BSPN unless I'm watching a game. Its gotten that bad.

When I had TV I didn't care for ESPN either but not for that reason. I disdained it because they didn't seem to recognize any sport that was not called "football". They're absolutely obsessed with it.

A company can release an employee under a morality clause which gives an employer a lot of discretion to terminate. I wouldn't fire her for being stupid but she could be sued.

She cannot be sued. Trump is a public official so he is a public figure. I do believe that we need to protect people's right to express their views without fear of retribution.

You can sue anyone, for anything. Whether it is successful or not is the question.

I would think a President would have better things to do with his time. It would be a political disaster for something that will be bounced out of court.

How many times have I heard "political disaster" along with Trump. His "political disasters " were supposed to end his campaign before the first primary. Now he is President.

You make the assumption that things will remain the same in the future. Trump benefitted from a split Republican field. In SC for example, he won with only 32% of the vote. He won the general because voters decided to vote against Clinton. It was not a vote for Trump. If Democrats run a candidate that is seen as honest, Trump will be defeated.

Make all the excuses you want, the fact remains is I heard over and over about "political disasters" by Donald Trump and he won, as far as SC, he was one of 12 candidates running at the time and that was after several "political disasters".

She cannot be sued. Trump is a public official so he is a public figure. I do believe that we need to protect people's right to express their views without fear of retribution.

You can sue anyone, for anything. Whether it is successful or not is the question.

I would think a President would have better things to do with his time. It would be a political disaster for something that will be bounced out of court.

How many times have I heard "political disaster" along with Trump. His "political disasters " were supposed to end his campaign before the first primary. Now he is President.

You make the assumption that things will remain the same in the future. Trump benefitted from a split Republican field. In SC for example, he won with only 32% of the vote. He won the general because voters decided to vote against Clinton. It was not a vote for Trump. If Democrats run a candidate that is seen as honest, Trump will be defeated.

Make all the excuses you want, the fact remains is I heard over and over about "political disasters" by Donald Trump and he won, as far as SC, he was one of 12 candidates running at the time and that was after several "political disasters".

Whether he wins anything has nothing to do with whether he's a political disaster.
Just pointing that out.

ESPN made no statement about politics. That's Rodishi's red herring --- he brought that bullshit in.

maybe not this time, but they're well known for bombarding their viewers with their left wing political views.

ESPN is a sports channel. That's what the S is for. They don't do politics anywhere I'm aware of.
Got an example?

Even if they did it would still have nothing to do with this issue. Bottom line is still an immature narcissist who can't handle the heat and can't take the responsibility for his own shit, trying to intimidate somebody through their employer. Which is what he always does because he's a whiny little bitch.

They took Robert Lee off covering a college football game because of his name.

I used to listen to ESPN Radio and switch to other sports stations because the shows turned political. Hank Jr., Limbaugh and Schilling were all let go because of politics. Lebatard show is very political and talk about social issues daily. Since you don't watch or listen, you probably wouldn't be aware of it.

Hill needs to remain on the air, her Tweets shouldn't be a reason to fire her. Trump and his staff have more important things to do than care what a person Tweets.

Actually I believe they either moved him or offered him a move due to anticipation of the same kind of mob mentality that followed (and still follows) Colin Kaepernick around. So whatever it was it was not "because of his name"; it was because of anticipated reactions to it, whether the anticipation was realistic or not.

And moving personnel from one assignment to another is common in that industry.

Just as a news org might not want the story about a shooting at the Holocaust Museum covered by a reporter whose name happens to be Adolf Hitler.

I used to listen to ESPN Radio and switch to other sports stations because the shows turned political. Hank Jr., Limbaugh and Schilling were all let go because of politics. Lebatard show is very political and talk about social issues daily. Since you don't watch or listen, you probably wouldn't be aware of it.

I saw/heard enough to remember two of them, and I'm aware of Schilling in general. But that just confirms my point --- those guys were veering into politics, or in Limblob's case racism, and they just don't want that in their flow because it's polarizing. That's what I've been saying -- they do sports, not politics.

Hill needs to remain on the air, her Tweets shouldn't be a reason to fire her. Trump and his staff have more important things to do than care what a person Tweets.

Can't agree more. :thup:

Whether he wins anything has nothing to do with whether he's a political disaster.
Just pointing that out.

I agree and also what one perceives as a political disaster isn't a political disaster to another person.

I'm not a Trump fan by any means, but I keep hearing about his political disasters and it doesn't mean anything.

Actually I believe they either moved him or offered him a move due to anticipation of the same kind of mob mentality that followed (and still follows) Colin Kaepernick around. So whatever it was it was not "because of his name"; it was because of anticipated reactions to it, whether the anticipation was realistic or not.

And moving personnel from one assignment to another is common in that industry.

Just as a news org might not want the story about a shooting at the Holocaust Museum covered by a reporter whose name happens to be Adolf Hitler.

I saw/heard enough to remember two of them, and I'm aware of Schilling in general. But that just confirms my point --- those guys were veering into politics, or in Limblob's case racism, and they just don't want that in their flow because it's polarizing. That's what I've been saying -- they do sports, not politics.

Can't agree more. :thup:

So if his was John Smith and not Robert Lee, then he still would have been reassigned to another game? It had everything to do with his name.

It's not like ESPN hasn't fired people over expressing there political views in the past ESPN needs to let all their employees express their political views without fear of being fired or tell them all to keep them to themselves. The one thing we don't need is one standard for liberal employees and another for conservative ones which is what ESPN seems to have now.

Forum List

Back