Sarah Murnaghan - Lung Transplant FAILED

Both sides are using this girl and this situation as a political football. The government should stay completely out of it. Let the medical community decide.

If the medical community was making the decision, she would never have gotten the first lung transplant.

All they need to do is start killing people for their organs, no shortage after that.
^ THIS is why no one takes you seriously con grrl
When the panels of experts decide who gets an organ, they don't get emotional appeals, nor do they ever see the people whose lives depend on their decisions.

I do not support organ donation myself.
so..... :eusa_eh: do you agree or disagree w/ that process?
Dick Cheney waited for three years for his transplanted heart. He had a heart pump installed during the waiting period. So he didn't jump to the front of the line. He came up just like everyone else.

No other human in his condition would have been considered for the heart pump, let alone a transplant. A normal person also would not get the transplant on the taxpayers dime. The fact Dick Cheney is who he is got him the transplant. He contributes nothing, and should have been passed up.

Why not? He was otherwise healthy. My husband was 70 going through the transplant evaluation process. Up until he died of necrotizing faciatis he was otherwise healthy. As a normal person, unpolitically connected, we would not have paid anything at all for the transplant. Cheney contributes more now, that obama does and most people do in their entire lives.

Admit it, who gets transplants should depend on what political party they belong to.

^ :tinfoil:

these posts explain A LOT about you and your perpetual whine train. :thup:

Last edited:
All they need to do is start killing people for their organs, no shortage after that.
When the panels of experts decide who gets an organ, they don't get emotional appeals, nor do they ever see the people whose lives depend on their decisions.

I do not support organ donation myself.
No other human in his condition would have been considered for the heart pump, let alone a transplant. A normal person also would not get the transplant on the taxpayers dime. The fact Dick Cheney is who he is got him the transplant. He contributes nothing, and should have been passed up.

Why not? He was otherwise healthy. My husband was 70 going through the transplant evaluation process. Up until he died of necrotizing faciatis he was otherwise healthy. As a normal person, unpolitically connected, we would not have paid anything at all for the transplant. Cheney contributes more now, that obama does and most people do in their entire lives.

Admit it, who gets transplants should depend on what political party they belong to.

Admit it. You too want transplants to depend on what political party you belong to.

Admit it. You too want transplants to depend on what political party you belong to.

Was it indicated which party the 10 yr old girl belonged to? :eusa_eh: I thought you were a tinfoiler but I underestimated the severity of your condition. You are what WillowTree would call a "wackadoodle" :cuckoo:

Was it indicated which party the 10 yr old girl belonged to? :eusa_eh: I thought you were a tinfoiler but I underestimated the severity of your condition. You are what WillowTree would call a "wackadoodle" :cuckoo:

The issue under that particular discussion wasn't whether the girl should get a transplant, but whether Dick Cheney should get a transplant.

The girl should not have gotten the transplant. She got it because her parents were able to manipulate a sympathetic media and got a judge to overstep his authority.

One thing I will correct is the second set of lungs did not have pneumonia. The person with them had a history of pneumonia but they would not transplant a set of lungs from a person currently suffering from pneumonia.

Just going by what was in the article. It stated they cut the bad parts away. In both cases I got the impression both sets of organs were inferior.

One thing I will correct is the second set of lungs did not have pneumonia. The person with them had a history of pneumonia but they would not transplant a set of lungs from a person currently suffering from pneumonia.

Just going by what was in the article. It stated they cut the bad parts away. In both cases I got the impression both sets of organs were inferior.

Organs are often less than 100% healthy. In a case of a child like this, a partially compromised lung would be better put into a child sice the trimming of the lung could consist of removing the damaged parts.

Both sides are using this girl and this situation as a political football. The government should stay completely out of it. Let the medical community decide.

If the medical community was making the decision, she would never have gotten the first lung transplant.

I'm pretty sure that isn't true.

The girl was denied the transplant on medical grounds. The parents appealed to Kathleen Sebelius to change the criteria. Sebelius said she didn't have that authority. The parents got a judge to ORDER the transplant. So, it's pretty obvious that it was the medical community who had already decided to deny the transplant.

We still have the right to designate who gets an organ that we donate when there is opportunity to do that. It is just illegal--for excellent reasons--to sell somebody an organ and no reputable medical facility would tolerate such a practice.

Cedars-Sinai Hospital is adament that Dick Cheney got no special treatment whatsoever--if money was a factor he would not have had to wait 20 months. At the time his new heart became available, he was deemed healthy enough to receive it, there were no people ahead of him that were a match. Try not to be too judgmental folks until you are on one of those waiting lists yourself. I recently lost a precious cousin who had been on the kidney transplant list for years, but each time one became available, she had other health issues that made it inadvisable for her to have the surgery. Until you know the facts, don't judge.

I won't presume to play God and say what Sarah and/or her parents should or should not have done. I can believe Sarah wants to live and wanted that chance. If it was my child, would I condemn her to die by refusing a lung when it was available? It is unfortunate that both sets of lungs that were made available to Sarah were damaged or compromised and nobody knows if the second transplant is going to take. She is still on a breathing tube today.

Dick Cheney waited for three years for his transplanted heart. He had a heart pump installed during the waiting period. So he didn't jump to the front of the line. He came up just like everyone else.

Cheney contributes nothing but commentary on Foux News. We would all be just fine had he been passed up and a younger more healthy person got that heart. The political class on both sides have proven that they destroy what ever they touch. If you want politics to decide who gets organs cool, personally, I would like to see thees procedures not wasted on lost causes for nothing more then 1 to 5 years more of a tormented existence.

Organs are often less than 100% healthy. In a case of a child like this, a partially compromised lung would be better put into a child sice the trimming of the lung could consist of removing the damaged parts.

Diseased organs can be transplanted if the disease can be cured. They can and will transplant lungs from someone that currently had pneumonia because pneumonia can be cured.

We still have the right to designate who gets an organ that we donate when there is opportunity to do that. It is just illegal--for excellent reasons--to sell somebody an organ and no reputable medical facility would tolerate such a practice.

Cedars-Sinai Hospital is adament that Dick Cheney got no special treatment whatsoever--if money was a factor he would not have had to wait 20 months. At the time his new heart became available, he was deemed healthy enough to receive it, there were no people ahead of him that were a match. Try not to be too judgmental folks until you are on one of those waiting lists yourself. I recently lost a precious cousin who had been on the kidney transplant list for years, but each time one became available, she had other health issues that made it inadvisable for her to have the surgery. Until you know the facts, don't judge.

I won't presume to play God and say what Sarah and/or her parents should or should not have done. I can believe Sarah wants to live and wanted that chance. If it was my child, would I condemn her to die by refusing a lung when it was available? It is unfortunate that both sets of lungs that were made available to Sarah were damaged or compromised and nobody knows if the second transplant is going to take. She is still on a breathing tube today.

I would never be on one of those lists.

I'm pretty sure that isn't true.

The girl was denied the transplant on medical grounds. The parents appealed to Kathleen Sebelius to change the criteria. Sebelius said she didn't have that authority. The parents got a judge to ORDER the transplant. So, it's pretty obvious that it was the medical community who had already decided to deny the transplant.

Meh, I heard it differently, but I'm too lazy to look it up.

IF you are right then I would agree.

Diseased organs can be transplanted if the disease can be cured. They can and will transplant lungs from someone that currently had pneumonia because pneumonia can be cured.

That's pretty much what I was saying.

Cheney contributes nothing but commentary on Foux News. We would all be just fine had he been passed up and a younger more healthy person got that heart. The political class on both sides have proven that they destroy what ever they touch. If you want politics to decide who gets organs cool, personally, I would like to see thees procedures not wasted on lost causes for nothing more then 1 to 5 years more of a tormented existence.

Oh, so it's not only republicans who should be denied transplants but anyone on Fox news, by virtue of being on Fox news that should be denied transplants! Who gets transplants should depend strictly on politics.

For another six months to a year of life ? The Dr.'s had it right. They shod have made the kid Comfortable and her parents should have accepted reality. We are Humans. We get sick, and we die.

Oh, so it's not only republicans who should be denied transplants but anyone on Fox news, by virtue of being on Fox news that should be denied transplants! Who gets transplants should depend strictly on politics.

That's some stupid stuff right there.

I would never be on one of those lists.

Until I am in the position that a transplant is necessary to save my life, I cannot say what I would decide about that.

I am pretty damn sure I would do whatever I could do to save my child, however. What you would decide re your own life or that of your child is your business. I won't judge you. And I won't accept your judgment as valid for me.

Dick was/is the mother of all rw hacks :thup:

You know, you wouldn't be 1/2 bad/tolerable if you toned-down your vitriolic partisanship more than once a month.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back