Satanic Group To Hand Out Activity Books In Orlando Area Schools

Ravi

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2008
A religious group called The Satanic Temple is making plans to hand out literature in Orange County Public Schools later this school year, following distributions by atheist and evangelical Christian groups.

The New York-based Satanist group hopes to use a distribution as a form of protest.
lRelated Atheist group lawsuit against Orange schools dismissed; group can distribute materials in high schools

"If a public school board is going to allow religious pamphlets and full Bibles to be distributed to students, as is the case in Orange County, Florida, we think the responsible thing to do is to ensure that these students are given access to a variety of differing religious opinions," said temple co-founder and spokesman Lucien Greaves.

The district has not received a formal request from the temple, but school officials say they reserve the right to review materials.

However, Orange has twice allowed a group called World Changers of Florida to distribute Bibles, and an atheist group gave out materials last year. In both cases, district counsel Woody Rodriguez said the pamphlets and books were being allowed to avoid a lawsuit.

Satanic Temple wants to give out materials in Orange schools - Orlando Sentinel

Seems fair to me.

The funniest part is that the Christian group that got this started is the reason the Satanists are able to hand out their pamplets.

Yep, just like the Christian groups that attempted to demonize gay people are directly responsible for the current ability of gay people to marry each other.

You have to laugh at the sanctimonious assholes.

The founding fathers were not quite able to see far enough toward future of days of lunacy, otherwise they would have been much more specific about what religion is or is not.

Yep, just like the Christian groups that attempted to demonize gay people are directly responsible for the current ability of gay people to marry each other.

You have to laugh at the sanctimonious assholes.

Their feet have more shotgun holes in them than Swiss cheese.

The founding fathers were not quite able to see far enough toward future of days of lunacy, otherwise they would have been much more specific about what religion is or is not.
They would have been much more specific with the first amendment and included something to the effect of all or none.

I could never be a member of any religion or cult, I'm to lazy when it comes to performing rituals on the date of activity...I read my wife's Wicca books, hell, it's more complicated than Christianity..

The entire purpose of the "Satanic Temple" is to pull stunts like this. More power to them.

Another godless freak. Get a fucking life.

:lol:

Here's another one, PennyFoolish. Glad you got God, but some of us are just plain brighter and far less delusional.

The two Americans with Ebola who were flown back to the States and survived the disease made me sick in their press conferences, praising god for saving their lives while thousands of Liberians are dying. What fucking idiots.

The entire purpose of the "Satanic Temple" is to pull stunts like this. More power to them.

Another godless freak. Get a fucking life.

:lol:

Here's another one, PennyFoolish. Glad you got God, but some of us are just plain brighter and far less delusional.

The two Americans with Ebola who were flown back to the States and survived the disease made me sick in their press conferences, praising god for saving their lives while thousands of Liberians are dying. What fucking idiots.

God is white, didn't you know that!?

The entire thing is demonic, Ravi. I bind Satan in the name of Jesus and command him to remove the powers he has given all witches, satanists, and occultists on this board as well as the satanists who plan to distribute this material. I also command Satan to stop giving benefits to all the people who serve him on this board and those involved in the distribution of this material in Orange County in Jesus Name. I command Satan stop giving drugs to the people on this board, to cut off their supply. Right now. In Jesus name.

There won't be any more benefits given by Satan to people serving him here on this board or to those involved in this report of distributing satanic literature to children of Orange county. I cancel out the assignment and destroy the works of Satan today by the authority given to me in Luke 10:19. Amen.

That matter is settled. Got anything else you'd like to report on Ravi? Your about to see some major changes on USMB, Ravi.

It is called the power of the Holy Spirit and when a Christian prays in Jesus name and commands Satan? Big things happen. Believe it. It's the truth.

I could never be a member of any religion or cult, I'm to lazy when it comes to performing rituals on the date of activity...I read my wife's Wicca books, hell, it's more complicated than Christianity..

And a lot more fun.

On a serious note, this sort of thing serves a very important purpose - to constantly test the First Amendment. Same with jerks like the KKK, Howard Stern, Rush Limbaugh, Fox NotNews, Westboro Baptists. We don't get to pick and choose who gets First Amendment rights and that's the way its supposed to be.

IMO

Forum List

Back