🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Saudi woman gets 150 lashes for driving

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the sorely incomplete article her punishment is based on resisting arrest rather than driving. I can't bring myself to accept your choice of "news source" as being very legitimate.

"Conservative nation?" Hardly! That's the real purpose of the article -- to associate Muslim extremism to "conservatism."

Would you rather ...
‘Driving costs Saudi woman 150 lashes’
Press TV | Fri Apr 25, 2014 23:39 UTC
... A woman has been sentenced to 150 lashes and eight months behind bars in Saudi Arabia on charges of driving, a report says. ... ...
Source URL: [ PressTV - Saudi woman gets 150 lashes for driving: Report ]

Or MSN, Courier?

A clip from your PressTV link here, Aris.

There is no specific law to prevent women from driving in the kingdom, however, women simply cannot apply for driving licenses and some have been arrested for driving.

Saudi Arabia is the only country in the world where women are prohibited from driving. The medieval ban is a religious fatwa imposed by the country’s Wahhabi clerics. If women get behind the wheel in the kingdom, they may be arrested, sent to court and even flogged. PressTV - Saudi woman gets 150 lashes for driving: Report

It does appear Sunni was wrong. The law doesn't originate from the Saudi govt but from the Wahhabi clerics - they issued of an islamic - religious fatwa. The truth comes out again. ( right down to who orders those floggings! )

Getting back on topic here. 80% of the mosques in the United States are Wahhabist so if Sharia Law were enacted in the USA the Wahhabi clerics could issue such a fatwa here. This should concern all Americans.

Last edited:
Your invisible map is worth zip. The map the world goes by is the one with Israel on it.

Wrap that around your mind and let it sink in slowly. Stop trying to derail the discussion and address the links Aris put up. They prove you are wrong about why the woman is getting lashed. It was a fatwa and that was the punishment. Any thoughts on why they call it medieval ban is a fatwa? How long have cars been around? Any idea?

Last edited:
Can anyone imagine a woman being lashed in the civilized world like this? What is the big deal about women driving? They drive all around the world, and the authorities don't stop them unless they have committed a traffic infraction.,.

April 26, 2014, 9:08 am

EPAA Saudi woman has reportedly been sentenced to 150 lashes and eight months in jail for driving.

A woman in Saudi Arabia has been sentenced this week to 150 lashes and eight months in jail for driving and striking police officers who arrested her, news websites in the kingdom have reported.

Continue reading at:

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/world/a/22975467/saudi-woman-gets-150-lashes-for-driving/

It's just stupid to hold up Saudi Arabia as an example of anything else except Saudi Arabia. No other Muslim country is like it.
You mean we shouldn't use countries like Pakistan or Yemen which are even worse than Saudi Arabia?

Problem with that argument is Saudi Arabia is called The Cradle of Islam, which hosts Islam's two holiest sites, of which millions of Muslims flock to every day. In other words, Saudi Arabia is Islam, and sets the standard for it.

Can anyone imagine a woman being lashed in the civilized world like this? What is the big deal about women driving? They drive all around the world, and the authorities don't stop them unless they have committed a traffic infraction.,.

EPAA Saudi woman has reportedly been sentenced to 150 lashes and eight months in jail for driving.

A woman in Saudi Arabia has been sentenced this week to 150 lashes and eight months in jail for driving and striking police officers who arrested her, news websites in the kingdom have reported.

Continue reading at:

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/world/a/22975467/saudi-woman-gets-150-lashes-for-driving/

It's just stupid to hold up Saudi Arabia as an example of anything else except Saudi Arabia. No other Muslim country is like it.
You mean we shouldn't use countries like Pakistan or Yemen which are even worse than Saudi Arabia?

Problem with that argument is Saudi Arabia is called The Cradle of Islam, which hosts Islam's two holiest sites, of which millions of Muslims flock to every day. In other words, Saudi Arabia is Islam, and sets the standard for it.

bingo

Could it be that they are saying that the issue of fatwas is medieval? How could driving ban be medieval?

bingo

I've lived in three different Muslim countries. Lived in them and worked in them, worked with the Muslim people. They are nothing like Saudi. And what is your empirical evidence that Yemen and Pakistan are worse? You know only what you see on TV. You have no actual experience of the ME.

Do you know what is going on inside Pakistan? Yemen? Afganistan? Iran? How is that better than Saudi Arabia, Esmeralda?

bingo

I've lived in three different Muslim countries. Lived in them and worked in them, worked with the Muslim people. They are nothing like Saudi. And what is your empirical evidence that Yemen and Pakistan are worse? You know only what you see on TV. You have no actual experience of the ME.
Empirical evidence? Ha ha ha. Pakistan is Taliban HQ, and Yemen is now Al Queda HQ. In Yemen they are legally marrying 9 year old girls. Keep up will ya.

Empirical evidence? Ha ha ha. Pakistan is Taliban HQ, and Yemen is now Al Queda HQ. In Yemen they are legally marrying 9 year old girls. Keep up will ya.

Very dangerous places to be for women and children. ( men too )

Last edited:

They make marriage contracts with girls and boys at young ages. They do not have sex with these girls until they are physically menstruating females, women in biological terms. As well, this is a minority of people who do this, primarily small village people, fundamentalists, and uneducated people. The Taliban is an extremist group that the vast majority of Muslims on the plant reject. You are the one who can't keep up. There are billions of Muslims. Only an extremely tiny minority support what the Taliban does. As well, of all the Muslim countries in the world, only 2 or 3 have complete Sharia law. It is archaic and not done in the vast majority of Muslim countries. You are an ignoramus and bigot. You are not keeping up with reality because you prefer to hate.

Continue reading at:

According to the sorely incomplete article her punishment is based on resisting arrest rather than driving. I can't bring myself to accept your choice of "news source" as being very legitimate.

"Conservative nation?" Hardly! That's the real purpose of the article -- to associate Muslim extremism to "conservatism."

Have you read Sunni's posts?

According to the sorely incomplete article her punishment is based on resisting arrest rather than driving.
That's what I tried to explain from the start.....and that's when the rabid attacks began. .. :cool:

regardless of the charge, this woman has been put to death in a most barbaric way, that is, if you can believe the article. The sad thing is there are now two people defending this barbarism.

Very dangerous places to be for women and children. ( men too )

NYC, Chicago, Detroit, etc. are very dangerous places for women and children, and men, et all, to be.

Did anyone read the article?
It appeared that the particularly harsh sentence was handed down because of the charges of resisting arrest and attacking police officers, according to various reports.
not so much for driving.

Do you know what is going on inside Pakistan? Yemen? Afganistan? Iran? How is that better than Saudi Arabia, Esmeralda?
I'm not the one saying it is worse. I never brought those countries into the discussion. If you want to make a claim about them, support it with evidence instead of just saying your assumptions are truth. What is the truth? You prove it.

Did anyone read the article?
It appeared that the particularly harsh sentence was handed down because of the charges of resisting arrest and attacking police officers, according to various reports.
not so much for driving.

Exactly, this is a direct quote from the artical. "It appeared that the particularly harsh sentence was handed down because of the charges of resisting arrest and attacking police officers, according to various reports." Whether or not we agree with the law of women not driving, in the States, most people would not excuse resisting arrest and attacking the police when you are being lawfully arrested.

Continue reading at:

Actually no. Saudi Arabia is not 'Islam.' That's like saying the Vatican is 'Christianity' for all the billions of Christions on Earth. Simply not true. And it is not true that the country of Saudi Arabi is the same as all of Islam or that they set the standard for all of Islam. They are a tiny country with a small population. Most Muslims, and that means billions of people, do not live under full Sharia law and do not want to live under the type of government in Saudi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back