Say Farewell........

.......to 1st Amendment rights. It's finally happening. The democrats are pushing a bill to make any criticism of Islam a crime. They signed it two weeks ago. It hasn't been passed yet but they are working on it right now. This news report is just came out today - 12/30/2015

OBAMA'S AMERICA: House Dems Push Bill to Give Sick Punishment to Anyone Who Criticizes Islam

Two weeks ago, 69 House Democrats signed H.R. 569, which cleverly conflated violence against followers of Islam with “bigotry” and “hateful rhetoric.”

The bill listed about a-thousand-and-one grievances about alleged anti-Muslim hate crimes, hate speech and bigotry. It then concluded by stating that the House condemns all these alleged actions and that authorities should “work to prevent hate crimes” and “prosecute to the fullest extent of the law those perpetrators of hate crimes.” Some commentators believe that this bill is a prelude to the government going after anyone who dares criticize Islam.

H.Res.569 - Condemning violence, bigotry, and hateful rhetoric towards Muslims in the United States.114th Congress (2015-2016) Cosponsors (82)

• Text: H.Res.569 — 114th Congress (2015-2016)

Save of course that H.Res.569 has no criminal penalties, nor defines any crime.

You.....you did read it, right?

.......to 1st Amendment rights. It's finally happening. The democrats are pushing a bill to make any rhetoric about Islam a crime. They signed it two weeks ago. It hasn't been passed yet but they are working on it right now.

OBAMA'S AMERICA: House Dems Push Bill to Give Sick Punishment to Anyone Who Criticizes Islam

Text of the actual bill:

Text - H.Res.569 - 114th Congress (2015-2016): Condemning violence, bigotry, and hateful rhetoric towards Muslims in the United States.

If violence, bigotry, and hateful rhetoric are all you've got, you have far bigger problems.
I have 1st Amendment rights which my Constitution guarantees me. I do not believe in violence, bigotry or hateful rhetoric. This is about freedom of speech. If you cannot say anything about Islam you've lost your freedom of speech. What part of that do you not understand?

The part where H.Res 569 doesn't restrict your freedom of speech in the slightest.

No one is stopping you from saying whatever you like about Islam.
. Correct. They'll send you to jail, however. AG already warned Americans she will press charges.
Indeed. In fact, for 'edging toward' hate speech - and only against muslims of course.

She said she'll press charges for 'violence inspiring speech'. Which is already against the law. You call for a riot, you're no longer protected by the 1st amendment. Nor should you be.

This is against the first amendment of the constitutions. Won't stand.
Since when does a democrat worry about the constitution

Wow. This is just one of those conservative circle-jerk things, isn't it? Where none of you actually read the bill, none of you ask any questions, and all of you just repeat the same silly nonsense to each other.....nodding with cow eyed conviction.

Sigh......it doesn't matter how many times I see it. It always makes me a little sad.

Gracie...

... dat Queen of the Banned is scary lookin'...

... Uncle Ferd hidin' behind the couch with possum...

... says it reminds him of some o' his ol' g/f's.

.......to 1st Amendment rights. It's finally happening. The democrats are pushing a bill to make any criticism of Islam a crime. They signed it two weeks ago. It hasn't been passed yet but they are working on it right now. This news report is just came out today - 12/30/2015

Two weeks ago, 69 House Democrats signed H.R. 569, which cleverly conflated violence against followers of Islam with “bigotry” and “hateful rhetoric.”

The bill listed about a-thousand-and-one grievances about alleged anti-Muslim hate crimes, hate speech and bigotry. It then concluded by stating that the House condemns all these alleged actions and that authorities should “work to prevent hate crimes” and “prosecute to the fullest extent of the law those perpetrators of hate crimes.” Some commentators believe that this bill is a prelude to the government going after anyone who dares criticize Islam.

H.Res.569 - Condemning violence, bigotry, and hateful rhetoric towards Muslims in the United States.114th Congress (2015-2016) Cosponsors (82)

It's not a bill that says you can't criticize Islam. It's to restrict hate speech that results in violence or hate crime against Muslims.

Democrats have a funny way of looking unpatriotic when they constantly take the side of America's enemies against their own nation.

They did the same thing during the Cold War.
Islam is not America's enemy. Terrorists are. They are two completely different things.

Democrats have a funny way of looking unpatriotic when they constantly take the side of America's enemies against their own nation.

Islam is not America's enemy. Terrorists are. They are two completely different things.

Yeah, but why face 100,000 ISIS terrorists when you can make enemies out of 1,600,000,000 Muslims instead. All for no particular reason.

100k, 1.6 billion. That's the same, right?

Yeah, but why face 100,000 ISIS terrorists when you can make enemies out of 1,600,000,000 Muslims instead. All for no particular reason.

100k, 1.6 billion. That's the same, right?
It's not just terrorism.

No one is stopping you from saying whatever you like about Islam.
. Correct. They'll send you to jail, however. AG already warned Americans she will press charges.
Indeed. In fact, for 'edging toward' hate speech - and only against muslims of course.

She said she'll press charges for 'violence inspiring speech'. Which is already against the law. You call for a riot, you're no longer protected by the 1st amendment. Nor should you be.
She in fact said 'edging toward', so we are going to need some psychics on board.

Debatable. What is not debatable is the fact that Islam is diametrically opposed to the Constitution of the United States.

Debatable. What is not debatable is the fact that Islam is diametrically opposed to the Constitution of the United States.
That's why most Muslims, like most Jews and Christians and atheists etc, live without problems in the US.

[QUOTE="Billy_Kinetta,
That's why most Muslims, like most Jews and Christians and atheists etc, live without problems in the US.

I insist that you provide links and stats
Be glad to when you, who made the first assertion, provide stats and links to them.

Otherwise, you are blowing hot air, nothing more.

not much of a retort HOT AIR BLOWER -----why must you WAIT? I am not going to supply links to my personal experiences and the information imparted to me
by people of THE SIKH and MUSLIM faiths over the past 46 years

Why are you lying?

That bill doesn't say what you are claiming it says.

If you have to lie, how valid is your point and why should anyone believe one word from you?

.......to 1st Amendment rights. It's finally happening. The democrats are pushing a bill to make any rhetoric about Islam a crime. They signed it two weeks ago. It hasn't been passed yet but they are working on it right now.

Text of the actual bill:

Text - H.Res.569 - 114th Congress (2015-2016): Condemning violence, bigotry, and hateful rhetoric towards Muslims in the United States.

If violence, bigotry, and hateful rhetoric are all you've got, you have far bigger problems.
I have 1st Amendment rights which my Constitution guarantees me. I do not believe in violence, bigotry or hateful rhetoric. This is about freedom of speech. If you cannot say anything about Islam you've lost your freedom of speech. What part of that do you not understand?

So you people can say any lie you want but others aren't allowed to condemn what you say and voice their views?

Seems to me you're guilty of what you're lying about and accusing democrats of doing.

I guess you believe only people who have your views can voice their opinions.

[QUOTE="Billy_Kinetta,

I insist that you provide links and stats
Be glad to when you, who made the first assertion, provide stats and links to them.

Otherwise, you are blowing hot air, nothing more.

not much of a retort HOT AIR BLOWER -----why must you WAIT? I am not going to supply links to my personal experiences and the information imparted to me
by people of THE SIKH and MUSLIM faiths over the past 46 years
We simply cannot trust your personal experiences as a blanket condemnation of a religion and culture.

Jeremiah has been longed condemned as a liar before the font of all truth and knowledge.

Forum List

Back