Say Farewell........

from what gutter were you scraped? Your response is very vulgar. It Is clear that you confuse shit with lunch----you DO "know" its not the same thing---don't
you??? An interesting factoid is-----different religions harbor different DEFINITIONS of that which constitutes a "prophet" Christians consider Jesus
to be GOD IN CARNATE---------you want to try convince a whole bunch of people
in Saudia arabia that JESUS IS ALLAH?
of "prophet"

If some christians believe that jesus is god incarnate then they need to go back and read their bible.

jesus is the son of god. Not god.

jesus came here to tell people that his father, god, is all about love and tolerance. That if you want to live according to his father's teachings then you have to stop hating and give all your money to the poor to help them. He clearly said that it's easier for a camel to get through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to get into heaven.

If you claim to be a christian then you're not a very good one. Go back and learn the teachings from your bible. It's all right there in the new testament.

Per most Christians he's the son of god, and god, and the holy spirit. Which makes his baptism an act of divine ventriloquism.

After being baptized, God came up immediately from the water; and behold, the heavens were opened, and God saw God descending as a dove and lighting on God and behold, a voice out of the heavens said, "This is God, in whom God is well-pleased."

I was baptized Methodist. I was never taught that jesus was god. I was taught he was the son of god.

Being baptized is just declaring your faith to god and god washing away all your sins.

At least that's what it is in the Methodist church.

So...polytheism then? Or is this more of a Hindu'esque 'avatar' situation? Where like Krishna being an avatar of Shiva, Jesus is an avatar of god?

I know that the catholic church talks about the trinity but I was never catholic and not all christians are catholic.

I never said all christians were catholic. I said *most* Christians follow the 'son of god, god, holy spirit' being the same entity. And Catholics alone make up the majority of Christians. Any protestant faith that follows the same belief is merely frosting.

I was a very devout christian when I was young.

I went to a catholic school and learned that religion. That is until I took communion in their church. I got into a lot of trouble for doing that with the nuns and priests. The Methodist only has one requirement to take communion. That you're baptized. Doesn't matter what christian sect you belong to.

It was the catholic faith that started me to turn away from christianity.

I became a pagan in my late teens and have not looked back.

Look up Wiccian and you can learn about the faith I follow.

Wicca is really loosy goosy on its practices and beliefs.

So then tell me, if the muslim god isn't the exact same god as the one christians and jewish people worship, who is the muslim god?

Or are you confusing prophets with gods? You do know it's not the same thing don't you?

from what gutter were you scraped? Your response is very vulgar. It Is clear that you confuse shit with lunch----you DO "know" its not the same thing---don't
you??? An interesting factoid is-----different religions harbor different DEFINITIONS of that which constitutes a "prophet" Christians consider Jesus
to be GOD IN CARNATE---------you want to try convince a whole bunch of people
in Saudia arabia that JESUS IS ALLAH?
of "prophet"

If some christians believe that jesus is god incarnate then they need to go back and read their bible.

jesus came here to tell people that his father, god, is all about love and tolerance. That if you want to live according to his father's teachings then you have to stop hating and give all your money to the poor to help them. He clearly said that it's easier for a camel to get through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to get into heaven.

If you claim to be a christian then you're not a very good one. Go back and learn the teachings from your bible. It's all right there in the new testament.

Per most Christians he's the son of god, and god, and the holy spirit. Which makes his baptism an act of divine ventriloquism.

After being baptized, God came up immediately from the water; and behold, the heavens were opened, and God saw God descending as a dove and lighting on God and behold, a voice out of the heavens said, "This is God, in whom God is well-pleased."

I was baptized Methodist. I was never taught that jesus was god. I was taught he was the son of god.

Being baptized is just declaring your faith to god and god washing away all your sins.

I know that the catholic church talks about the trinity but I was never catholic and not all christians are catholic.

I guess it just depends on what form of christianity you follow.

Just as a disclaimer, while I was christian at one time, I haven't been for decades.

I'm a proud pagan.

thanks-----I did not know-------I kinda grew up in a town FULLA Methodists---
but also Lutherans and-----something called "church of Christ" and
Presbyterians and Catholics and Episcoplians---------I do not remember ever being in the Methodist Church------I had an impression that it was ------something like
the religion in the movie "HOW GREEN WAS MY VALLEY"------a bit dark.
It did seem to me that for---the rest,, JESUS was a lot more than just a "SON"
If Methodists do not see Jesus as part of the "trinity"-----what is he?----something
along the lines of Moses?

The Methodist church in my area is a liberal and inclusive church. About the only church more liberal and inclusive is the Unitarian church.

Yes they recognize the father, the son and the holy spirit. However they don't call jesus god. According to the bible he's the son of god.

Notice, it's the father, THE SON and the holy spirit. They separate it for a very good reason. They all aren't the same thing.

So...polytheism then? Or is this more of a Hindu'esque 'avatar' situation? Where like Krishna being an avatar of Shiva, Jesus is an avatar of god?

I never said all christians were catholic. I said *most* Christians follow the 'son of god, god, holy spirit' being the same entity. And Catholics alone make up the majority of Christians. Any protestant faith that follows the same belief is merely frosting.

I went to a catholic school and learned that religion. That is until I took communion in their church. I got into a lot of trouble for doing that with the nuns and priests. The Methodist only has one requirement to take communion. That you're baptized. Doesn't matter what christian sect you belong to.

In your opinion and you have every right to it.

In my opinion, they're very inclusive.

[QUOTE="

In my opinion, they're very inclusive.[/QUOTE]

as is a large plastic garbage bag

And that's my point. Its hard to define 'what faith I follow' when the faith can manifest is innumerable ways and has no real set doctrine or even scripture.

You could be anywhere in there, or no where. It would be like me asking for your work address for a delivery and you replying 'on the land'. It doesn't really narrow the field much.

And that's my point. Its hard to define 'what faith I follow' when the faith can manifest is innumerable ways and has no real set doctrine or even scripture.

You could be anywhere in there, or no where. It would be like me asking for your work address for a delivery and you replying 'on the land'. It doesn't really narrow the field much.

Personally, I believe in freedom of religion.

To me that means that everyone is free to choose their faith and no one judges that faith using their own faith as a guideline.

If you're happy with the catholic faith I think that's great. It's wonderful that you have a faith that brings you peace and helps guide you in life.

I just wish everyone would have the same attitude about my faith.

If you don't like the pagan faith, by all means, don't follow it.

Fuck Allah

(getting my jabs in before the Obama amendment kicks in)

It's not an amendment. It's a resolution. Which isn't law. You people so need to learn about our government and how it works.

I also want to point out that muslims worship the exact same god that christians and jewish people worship.

The word allah means god.

So you're saying fuck god to all christians, jewish and muslim people.

How tolerant of you. And you people say liberals hate god. Wow you sure do hate god if you want to say such things about him.

your post is idiotic. -----------"exact same god" is a stupid statement. ---
comparative theology ain't so simple except for the simple minded

So then tell me, if the muslim god isn't the exact same god as the one christians and jewish people worship, who is the muslim god?

Or are you confusing prophets with gods? You do know it's not the same thing don't you?
Allah the pagan moon G-d.

From the link above:

Resolved, That the House of Representatives—

(1) expresses its condolences for the victims of anti-Muslim hate crimes;

(2) steadfastly confirms its dedication to the rights and dignity of all its citizens of all faiths, beliefs, and cultures;

(3) denounces in the strongest terms the increase of hate speech, intimidation, violence, vandalism, arson, and other hate crimes targeted against mosques, Muslims, or those perceived to be Muslim;

(4) recognizes that the United States Muslim community has made countless positive contributions to United States society;

(5) declares that the civil rights and civil liberties of all United States citizens, including Muslims in the United States, should be protected and preserved;

(6) urges local and Federal law enforcement authorities to work to prevent hate crimes; and to prosecute to the fullest extent of the law those perpetrators of hate crimes; and

(7) reaffirms the inalienable right of every citizen to live without fear and intimidation, and to practice their freedom of faith.

Congress expresses it's condolences? How horrible!
This is going somewhere, Doc, whether you believe it or not.

Flunked civics class in high school?

Do we not know the difference in a resolution and a bill?

Resolutions have no force of law.

Have a nice day!

.......to 1st Amendment rights. It's finally happening. The democrats are pushing a bill to make any rhetoric about Islam a crime. They signed it two weeks ago. It hasn't been passed yet but they are working on it right now.

OBAMA'S AMERICA: House Dems Push Bill to Give Sick Punishment to Anyone Who Criticizes Islam

Text of the actual bill:

Text - H.Res.569 - 114th Congress (2015-2016): Condemning violence, bigotry, and hateful rhetoric towards Muslims in the United States.

If violence, bigotry, and hateful rhetoric are all you've got, you have far bigger problems.
I have 1st Amendment rights which my Constitution guarantees me. I do not believe in violence, bigotry or hateful rhetoric.
if there's one defining characteristic of Jeremiah it's her willingness to spread hateful rhetoric.

Fine, then that means that is how you see with with personal and anecdotal evidence, which means nothing more. OK.

Of course------I do as all scholars do-----I listen and I observe. In a court of law----my PERSONAL AND ANECDOTAL evidence in my own profession is called
EXPERT TESTIMONY

.......to 1st Amendment rights. It's finally happening. The democrats are pushing a bill to make any rhetoric about Islam a crime. They signed it two weeks ago. It hasn't been passed yet but they are working on it right now.

OBAMA'S AMERICA: House Dems Push Bill to Give Sick Punishment to Anyone Who Criticizes Islam

Text of the actual bill:

Text - H.Res.569 - 114th Congress (2015-2016): Condemning violence, bigotry, and hateful rhetoric towards Muslims in the United States.

If violence, bigotry, and hateful rhetoric are all you've got, you have far bigger problems.
I have 1st Amendment rights which my Constitution guarantees me. I do not believe in violence, bigotry or hateful rhetoric.
if there's one defining characteristic of Jeremiah it's her willingness to spread hateful rhetoric.

I missed it. Where was Jeremiah hateful?

From the link above:

Resolved, That the House of Representatives—

(1) expresses its condolences for the victims of anti-Muslim hate crimes;

(2) steadfastly confirms its dedication to the rights and dignity of all its citizens of all faiths, beliefs, and cultures;

(3) denounces in the strongest terms the increase of hate speech, intimidation, violence, vandalism, arson, and other hate crimes targeted against mosques, Muslims, or those perceived to be Muslim;

(4) recognizes that the United States Muslim community has made countless positive contributions to United States society;

(5) declares that the civil rights and civil liberties of all United States citizens, including Muslims in the United States, should be protected and preserved;

(6) urges local and Federal law enforcement authorities to work to prevent hate crimes; and to prosecute to the fullest extent of the law those perpetrators of hate crimes; and

(7) reaffirms the inalienable right of every citizen to live without fear and intimidation, and to practice their freedom of faith.

Congress expresses it's condolences? How horrible!
Essentially just a waste of time & money. Pandering at its finest.

Text of the actual bill:

you clearly haven't read many of her threads.

just ask her about catholics.

Text of the actual bill:

I have read lots of her posts-----probably most. She cites interesting theories
which are CONSISTENT with much of CATHOLIC DOCTRINE over the past
----approximately 1700 years. The Inquisition did not come out of THIN AIR.
Poor Montezuma was really murdered for the catholic version of "Christ". I do
not believe that Jeremiah hates persons of the catholic religion----she, simply,
cites some bloody movements that have been supported by some very
totalitarian ideologues within. ---------rivers of blood

Text of the actual bill:

not believe that Jeremiah hates persons of the catholic religion----she, simply,
she's a conspiracy theorist filled with hate that believes any outrageous lie out there so long as it's about the right people and the propagators use cartoons or youtube videos.

she's a conspiracy theorist filled with hate that believes any outrageous lie out there so long as it's about the right people and the propagators use cartoons or youtube videos.

no she isn't . I do not believe some of the stuff ------but it important to know
what other people are saying--------I saw a very credible historical analysis of
the TEMPLAR KNIGHTS-----they seem to me to be the people who morphed
into Jesuits of the kind Jeremiah describes

Fine, then that means that is how you see with with personal and anecdotal evidence, which means nothing more. OK.

Of course------I do as all scholars do-----I listen and I observe. In a court of law----my PERSONAL AND ANECDOTAL evidence in my own profession is called
EXPERT TESTIMONY
Dear, you are not a qualified expert on this Board.

Your anecdotal beliefs here mean nothing in and of themselves.

Forum List

Back