Say Farewell........

Text of the actual bill:

Text - H.Res.569 - 114th Congress (2015-2016): Condemning violence, bigotry, and hateful rhetoric towards Muslims in the United States.

If violence, bigotry, and hateful rhetoric are all you've got, you have far bigger problems.

Let's nip this in the bud right now.

Would you support this?

Text - H.Res.1234567 - 114th Congress (2015-2016): Condemning violence, bigotry, and hateful rhetoric towards Christians in the United States.

I'm not really aware of much violence or bigotry going on towards Christians in the United States. But I wouldn't care either way if Congress thought they needed to "condemn" it.

I notice you left out "hateful rhetoric"...

Text of the actual bill:

Text - H.Res.569 - 114th Congress (2015-2016): Condemning violence, bigotry, and hateful rhetoric towards Muslims in the United States.

If violence, bigotry, and hateful rhetoric are all you've got, you have far bigger problems.

Would you support this?

Text - H.Res.1234567 - 114th Congress (2015-2016): Condemning violence, bigotry, and hateful rhetoric towards Christians in the United States.

I'm not really aware of much violence or bigotry going on towards Christians in the United States. But I wouldn't care either way if Congress thought they needed to "condemn" it.
That is fair but would you want it to be made into a law that sent you to prison for 10 years if some carnal (false) Christian accused you of bigotry or slander against Jesus? Keep in mind this would be broadly defined, Doc. It would also be a case of your word against someone who claimed to be a Christian and accused you!

If anyone tried to pass a law that made it illegal to "slander Islam", or "slander Jesus", or anything like that, I would fight it with everything I have.

But no one is trying to do that.

Congress might pass a resolution.

WIngnut response: Nuke Mecca.

What else is there to say?

Saying that since Fort Hood. Got it from old Military guy. I am all for it. Attention getter.
If they pass law to lock me up, I spread the word NOW. Not when they monitor and arrest.

They haven't passed any kind of law. The term pants shitters is making more and more sense everyday.

.......to 1st Amendment rights. It's finally happening. The democrats are pushing a bill to make any rhetoric about Islam a crime. They signed it two weeks ago. It hasn't been passed yet but they are working on it right now. This news report is just came out today - 12/30/2015

OBAMA'S AMERICA: House Dems Push Bill to Give Sick Punishment to Anyone Who Criticizes Islam

Two weeks ago, 69 House Democrats signed H.R. 569, which cleverly conflated violence against followers of Islam with “bigotry” and “hateful rhetoric.”

The bill listed about a-thousand-and-one grievances about alleged anti-Muslim hate crimes, hate speech and bigotry. It then concluded by stating that the House condemns all these alleged actions and that authorities should “work to prevent hate crimes” and “prosecute to the fullest extent of the law those perpetrators of hate crimes.” Some commentators believe that this bill is a prelude to the government going after anyone who dares criticize Islam.

H.Res.569 - Condemning violence, bigotry, and hateful rhetoric towards Muslims in the United States.114th Congress (2015-2016) Cosponsors (82)

• Text: H.Res.569 — 114th Congress (2015-2016)
It's not a Bill, it is a Simple Resolution...A Sense of the House...it is not law and can not become law and does NOT need the President's signature...

In other words, all of your panic and passing these lies around is simply that, lies that you chose to believe from your right wing media.

You can see CLEARLY that this is NOT A BILL in the House because it specifically States that it is a Resolution.

H.Res.569

Res, stands for Resolution NOT a Bill.
All bills start out as resolutions. It's not a bill until it's approved
I did not know that but by the reporting in the article it seemed quite urgent. I do appreciate your telling us this. Greatly appreciated! Thank you, Hossfly.
Studied that stuff in High School. I doubt if they teach Government anymore. More interested in teaching Sex Ed and the Islam religion.
Amazing that they taught that in High School! Our education system is going backwards.

Text of the actual bill:

Would you support this?

There's not much "hateful rhetoric" against Christians in the US, either.

Text of the actual bill:

Would you support this?

That is fair but would you want it to be made into a law that sent you to prison for 10 years if some carnal (false) Christian accused you of bigotry or slander against Jesus? Keep in mind this would be broadly defined, Doc. It would also be a case of your word against someone who claimed to be a Christian and accused you!

If anyone tried to pass a law that made it illegal to "slander Islam", or "slander Jesus", or anything like that, I would fight it with everything I have.

But no one is trying to do that.
Then you have my greatest respect, Doc. And I am in agreement with you except for that tiny little sentence at the bottom. .......no one is trying to do that......

Text of the actual bill:

Would you support this?

Doc, you're a pretty honest guy, and I enjoy our debates...but if you believe this...you're not reading the same USMB that I am.

I can't believe they waste time on this stuff. Have they seen the Unemployment rate for inner city youth? Drugs pour across wide open border, killing our kids. GDP is poor. Infrastructure fall apart. $20T debt. School results poor, inmates run asylum, on and on and on. this is what they come up with?

Need new leaders fast.

Text of the actual bill:

Would you support this?

Doc, you're a pretty honest guy, and I enjoy our debates...but if you believe this...you're not reading the same USMB that I am.

Anonymous people posting on message boards aren't quite what I'm talking about, or what Congress is talking about in their "condemnation".

In the public sphere of US culture, there is little hateful rhetoric targeted towards Christians.

Text of the actual bill:

Would you support this?

I've been on the receiving end of some pretty intense confrontations but thankfully not on this board. It comes with the territory and I do not mind really. I would never want to see a law passed to stop people from verbally attacking Christians or blaspheming Christianity. I believe in freedom of speech - all speech.

Don't sweat it, Jeri. I think Trump may be next potus. Do you really think he will let that stand if passed?
No. Your optimism is wonderful, Gracie! Don't ever lose it. It's encouraging to listen to you.

Would you support this?

Anonymous people posting on message boards aren't quite what I'm talking about, or what Congress is talking about in their "condemnation".

In the public sphere of US culture, there is little hateful rhetoric targeted towards Christians.
I believe it would include anything written as well as anything spoken, Doc. Consider the hate speech laws in Europe. It would be along those lines I believe.

.......to 1st Amendment rights. It's finally happening. The democrats are pushing a bill to make any rhetoric about Islam a crime. They signed it two weeks ago. It hasn't been passed yet but they are working on it right now. This news report is just came out today - 12/30/2015

OBAMA'S AMERICA: House Dems Push Bill to Give Sick Punishment to Anyone Who Criticizes Islam

Two weeks ago, 69 House Democrats signed H.R. 569, which cleverly conflated violence against followers of Islam with “bigotry” and “hateful rhetoric.”

The bill listed about a-thousand-and-one grievances about alleged anti-Muslim hate crimes, hate speech and bigotry. It then concluded by stating that the House condemns all these alleged actions and that authorities should “work to prevent hate crimes” and “prosecute to the fullest extent of the law those perpetrators of hate crimes.” Some commentators believe that this bill is a prelude to the government going after anyone who dares criticize Islam.

H.Res.569 - Condemning violence, bigotry, and hateful rhetoric towards Muslims in the United States.114th Congress (2015-2016) Cosponsors (82)

It's not a Bill, it is a Simple Resolution...A Sense of the House...it is not law and can not become law and does NOT need the President's signature...

In other words, all of your panic and passing these lies around is simply that, lies that you chose to believe from your right wing media.

You can see CLEARLY that this is NOT A BILL in the House because it specifically States that it is a Resolution.

H.Res.569

Really? They all start as SIMPLE RESOLUTIONS?

No, there are 3 resolutions available to the House, A concurrent resolution, a joint resolution and a simple resolution.... this is a simple resolution, similar to a Sense of the Senate, or A Sense of the House....

'simple resolutions' in one house of congress do not become law....from all that I have read?

H.Res.569

No, there are 3 resolutions available to the House, A concurrent resolution, a joint resolution and a simple resolution.... this is a simple resolution, similar to a Sense of the Senate, or A Sense of the House....

'simple resolutions' in one house of congress do not become law....from all that I have read?
Yet

H.Res.569

Excuse me, Care4all, but I did not find any place where it read simple resolutions - I am seeing "bill" here - what does that mean?

Committees: H.Res.569 — 114th Congress (2015-2016)All Bill Information (Except Text)
Committees, subcommittees and links to reports associated with this bill are listed here, as well as the nature and date of committee activity and Congressional reportnumber.

Committee / Subcommittee Date Activity Reports
House Judiciary
12/17/2015 Referred to

You're a moral monster. Given the chance, you'd rack up a body count that would make Hitler and Stalin look like amateurs

I used to think "issue 90 day warning" Clean it up or else. But I was lambasted repeatedly by those who said..........."they can't control what goes on" etc. enough already. After France, San Berdo? enough. They need to clean themselves up. 40, 50, 60 years of daily cafe bombings is enough.

When do we get to fight back? Go on offense. They are killing us with 1000 paper cuts. COST!!!!

This story says they are moving to criminalize criticism of Islam - have a look Hossfly, @thedoctorsin, Blackrook, Gracie, Care4all, num_nut , Missourian, HappyJoy , RetireGySgt, TheOldSchool, @TheGreatGoose , AvgGuyIA Arianrhod
@theDoctorsisin koshergrl mamooth @BillOReally

House Democrats Move to Criminalize Criticism of Islam

clinton-oic.jpg

December 17, 2015 ought henceforth to be a date which will live in infamy, as that was the day that some of the leading Democrats in the House of Representatives came out in favor of the destruction of the First Amendment. Sponsored by among others, Muslim Congressmen Keith Ellison and Andre Carson, as well as Eleanor Holmes Norton, Loretta Sanchez, Charles Rangel, Debbie Wasserman Schultz, Joe Kennedy, Al Green, Judy Chu, Debbie Dingell, Niki Tsongas, John Conyers, José Serrano, Hank Johnson, and many others, House Resolution 569 condemns “violence, bigotry, and hateful rhetoric towards Muslims in the United States.” The Resolution has been referred to the House Committee on the Judiciary.

That’s right: “violence, bigotry and hateful rhetoric.” The implications of those five words will fly by most people who read them, and the mainstream media, of course, will do nothing to elucidate them. But what H. Res. 569 does is conflate violence -- attacks on innocent civilians, which have no justification under any circumstances – with “bigotry” and “hateful rhetoric,” which are identified on the basis of subjective judgments. The inclusion of condemnations of “bigotry” and “hateful rhetoric” in this Resolution, while appearing to be high-minded, take on an ominous character when one recalls the fact that for years, Ellison, Carson, and his allies (including groups such as the Hamas-linked Council on American-Islamic Relations, CAIR) have been smearing any and all honest examination of how Islamic jihadists use the texts and teachings of Islam to incite hatred and violence as “bigotry” and “hateful rhetoric.” This Resolution is using the specter of violence against Muslims to try to quash legitimate research into the motives and goals of those who have vowed to destroy us, which will have the effect of allowing the jihad to advance unimpeded and unopposed.

Last edited:
I've been on other boards that had more British people than Americans.

And I have to say this: there are a lot more atheists in UK than t

H.Res.569

Resolutions are testing the water to see what's up.

If they get positive reaction, they will go forward to the next step.

If they get negative reaction, they will back down. But not permanently.

If they want it bad enough, they will try again and again.

Forum List

Back