Say Farewell........

I've been on other boards that had more British people than Americans.

And I have to say this: there are a lot more atheists in UK than t
.......to 1st Amendment rights. It's finally happening. The democrats are pushing a bill to make any rhetoric about Islam a crime. They signed it two weeks ago. It hasn't been passed yet but they are working on it right now. This news report is just came out today - 12/30/2015

OBAMA'S AMERICA: House Dems Push Bill to Give Sick Punishment to Anyone Who Criticizes Islam

Two weeks ago, 69 House Democrats signed H.R. 569, which cleverly conflated violence against followers of Islam with “bigotry” and “hateful rhetoric.”

The bill listed about a-thousand-and-one grievances about alleged anti-Muslim hate crimes, hate speech and bigotry. It then concluded by stating that the House condemns all these alleged actions and that authorities should “work to prevent hate crimes” and “prosecute to the fullest extent of the law those perpetrators of hate crimes.” Some commentators believe that this bill is a prelude to the government going after anyone who dares criticize Islam.

H.Res.569 - Condemning violence, bigotry, and hateful rhetoric towards Muslims in the United States.114th Congress (2015-2016) Cosponsors (82)

• Text: H.Res.569 — 114th Congress (2015-2016)
It's not a Bill, it is a Simple Resolution...A Sense of the House...it is not law and can not become law and does NOT need the President's signature...

In other words, all of your panic and passing these lies around is simply that, lies that you chose to believe from your right wing media.

You can see CLEARLY that this is NOT A BILL in the House because it specifically States that it is a Resolution.

H.Res.569

Res, stands for Resolution NOT a Bill.
All bills start out as resolutions. It's not a bill until it's approved
Really? They all start as SIMPLE RESOLUTIONS?

No, there are 3 resolutions available to the House, A concurrent resolution, a joint resolution and a simple resolution.... this is a simple resolution, similar to a Sense of the Senate, or A Sense of the House....

'simple resolutions' in one house of congress do not become law....from all that I have read?
Resolutions are testing the water to see what's up.

If they get positive reaction, they will go forward to the next step.

If they get negative reaction, they will back down. But not permanently.

If they want it bad enough, they will try again and again.
I have preached to the Brits and they are a tough audience. The old boards I used to be on would make the religion forum on USMB look like a walk in the park. I think people need to look at the co-sponsors on the list - all 82 and make a point of making many phone calls, sending letters, mass emails - whatever it takes.

Text of the actual bill:

Text - H.Res.569 - 114th Congress (2015-2016): Condemning violence, bigotry, and hateful rhetoric towards Muslims in the United States.

If violence, bigotry, and hateful rhetoric are all you've got, you have far bigger problems.

Let's nip this in the bud right now.

Would you support this?

Text - H.Res.1234567 - 114th Congress (2015-2016): Condemning violence, bigotry, and hateful rhetoric towards Christians in the United States.

I'm personally against violence, bigotry, and hateful rhetoric regardless of the target.
It's nice that you have a "safe space" where no one can go and no one can hurt you.

Nuke Mecca. Put a stop this nonsense here and now.

You're a moral monster. Given the chance, you'd rack up a body count that would make Hitler and Stalin look like amateurs.

Hitler and Stalin also claimed it was for the greater good, and that their victims had it coming. Just like you. Hence, you can't use that excuse.

Now, not all Muslim-haters are genocidal psychopaths, but a lot of them are.
Alright now. Retract those claws. Let's be nice.

Yeah! Be nice to the guy who really wants to nuke Mecca.

.......to 1st Amendment rights. It's finally happening. The democrats are pushing a bill to make any rhetoric about Islam a crime. They signed it two weeks ago. It hasn't been passed yet but they are working on it right now. This news report is just came out today - 12/30/2015

OBAMA'S AMERICA: House Dems Push Bill to Give Sick Punishment to Anyone Who Criticizes Islam

Two weeks ago, 69 House Democrats signed H.R. 569, which cleverly conflated violence against followers of Islam with “bigotry” and “hateful rhetoric.”

The bill listed about a-thousand-and-one grievances about alleged anti-Muslim hate crimes, hate speech and bigotry. It then concluded by stating that the House condemns all these alleged actions and that authorities should “work to prevent hate crimes” and “prosecute to the fullest extent of the law those perpetrators of hate crimes.” Some commentators believe that this bill is a prelude to the government going after anyone who dares criticize Islam.

H.Res.569 - Condemning violence, bigotry, and hateful rhetoric towards Muslims in the United States.114th Congress (2015-2016) Cosponsors (82)

• Text: H.Res.569 — 114th Congress (2015-2016)
It's not a Bill, it is a Simple Resolution...A Sense of the House...it is not law and can not become law and does NOT need the President's signature...

In other words, all of your panic and passing these lies around is simply that, lies that you chose to believe from your right wing media.

You can see CLEARLY that this is NOT A BILL in the House because it specifically States that it is a Resolution.

H.Res.569

Res, stands for Resolution NOT a Bill.
Umm a resolution is the first step to make a bill.

Your parents didn't let you watch Saturday morning cartoons, did they?

Text of the actual bill:

Text - H.Res.569 - 114th Congress (2015-2016): Condemning violence, bigotry, and hateful rhetoric towards Muslims in the United States.

If violence, bigotry, and hateful rhetoric are all you've got, you have far bigger problems.

Let's nip this in the bud right now.

Would you support this?

Text - H.Res.1234567 - 114th Congress (2015-2016): Condemning violence, bigotry, and hateful rhetoric towards Christians in the United States.

Yes. Dumb ass.

Which nation has lost it's freedom of speech because of Islam?
UK, France, Canada, that's the ones I've heard of. In those countries criticizing Islam is a crime.
I wonder what the right thinks of California bill HR35, making it illegal to criticize Israel on University campuses.
It's a resolution, just like the first one is a resolution.

What's sad is that elected officials who have sworn an oath to defend the Constitution, feel the need to pass resolutions against free speech. It may not be a law, but it's still scary.
I cannot find Doc's question which countries restrict freedom of speech - but this is the answer @thedoctorsin

Which countries still outlaw apostasy and blasphemy?

PF_14.05.28_blasphemy-apostasy_apostasy640px.png

I did not ask which countries have restricted freedom of speech - I asked which countries had freedom of speech, and then lost it because of Islam - which is what you claimed.
Every single one of the nations you see on that map. Before Islam? They had freedom of speech? Afterwards? No. It should serve as a wake up call to Europe and all of North America.

None of those countries had "freedom of speech" before Islam.
None of those countries had "freedom of speech" before Islam.

Well you are the historical expert. From newsources......LOL! it seems very un-free with Islam. especially for the women.

"Freedom of Speech" is a relatively new idea.
No, not really.

From the link above:

Resolved, That the House of Representatives—

(1) expresses its condolences for the victims of anti-Muslim hate crimes;

(2) steadfastly confirms its dedication to the rights and dignity of all its citizens of all faiths, beliefs, and cultures;

(3) denounces in the strongest terms the increase of hate speech, intimidation, violence, vandalism, arson, and other hate crimes targeted against mosques, Muslims, or those perceived to be Muslim;

(4) recognizes that the United States Muslim community has made countless positive contributions to United States society;

(5) declares that the civil rights and civil liberties of all United States citizens, including Muslims in the United States, should be protected and preserved;

(6) urges local and Federal law enforcement authorities to work to prevent hate crimes; and to prosecute to the fullest extent of the law those perpetrators of hate crimes; and

(7) reaffirms the inalienable right of every citizen to live without fear and intimidation, and to practice their freedom of faith.

Congress expresses it's condolences? How horrible!
This is going somewhere, Doc, whether you believe it or not.

:lol:

No, it's really not.

The fact that you can imagine something happening is not enough of a reason to believe that it is happening.
The article is not my imagination. Their request to prosecute violators to the fullest extent of the law is not my imagination. Read it.

The article in your OP is almost pure bullshit.

Are you saying that you don't support prosecuting people who violate the law?
The law against defaming Islam? Yes.

The article is not my imagination. Their request to prosecute violators to the fullest extent of the law is not my imagination. Read it.

The article in your OP is almost pure bullshit.

Do you not support prosecuting people who violate the law?
I do not support prosecuting people for laws that violate our 1st Amendment rights, Doc.

Which law that violates our 1st Amendment rights are you referring to? The one that only exists in your imagination?
violating our freedom of speech

Which law is that?
quit asking that. It was answered. AG said she will prosecute us. Do you still believe theCongress has to pass laws before your fucking Emporer enacts them?

(7) reaffirms the inalienable right of every citizen to live without fear and intimidation, and to practice their freedom of faith.

What hypocrites
These same Dem's who voted for the new Health Care Act that does exactly opposite of that to Christians.
As long as you don't work in the Government and give out marriage licenses or refuse to bake cakes eh?

Which law that violates our 1st Amendment rights are you referring to? The one that only exists in your imagination?
A law the democrats want that will make it illegal to call Islamic terrorists sand *******. Got it? That violates the 1st amendment.

THIS.
IS.
NOT.
A.
LAW.

Try to pay attention.
. What authority is it called when the AG says she will vigorously prosecute anyone defaming Islam? The House resolution gives Obama cover, not like he needs it when he violates the Constitution.

ahhh............all of them? Lebanon used to be a bit free. Iran? free speech? Once Islam in Govt? look out.

Neither Lebanon nor Iran have ever had "freedom of speech".
Ever? Are you sure about that, Doc? Granted neither nation has had freedom of speech since Islam took over but before that? I think you're wrong.

Iran has been majority Muslim since 651 AD, and has never had codified "freedom of speech", neither before or after 651.

Lebanon was a French colony (which still to this day does not have a codified freedom of speech). Then it spent 20 years or so under occupation by Syrian Ba'athists (no freedom of speech).

Now, since the Syrians are for the most part withdrawn, there's probably less persecution for speech now than there has been in the last two decades.
It is obvious you don't believe freedom of speech is an inalienable right. Matters not if Iran never had "freedom of speech" written in a constutition.

Won't happen.
We need to pray it doesn't. Other nations have lost their freedom of speech because of Islam. It could happen here. Nothing is impossible.

UK, France, Canada, that's the ones I've heard of. In those countries criticizing Islam is a crime.
I wonder what the right thinks of California bill HR35, making it illegal to criticize Israel on University campuses.
It's a resolution, just like the first one is a resolution.

What's sad is that elected officials who have sworn an oath to defend the Constitution, feel the need to pass resolutions against free speech. It may not be a law, but it's still scary.
I cannot find Doc's question which countries restrict freedom of speech - but this is the answer @thedoctorsin

Which countries still outlaw apostasy and blasphemy?

PF_14.05.28_blasphemy-apostasy_apostasy640px.png

I did not ask which countries have restricted freedom of speech - I asked which countries had freedom of speech, and then lost it because of Islam - which is what you claimed.
It is a right of humans to free speech. I won't discuss this little game with you anymore. I know the game you're playing.

Forum List

Back