Schools Ban Skipping And 'Tiggy' Because Kids Can't Stand Losing

Noomi

Ninja Kicker
Jul 6, 2012
Poor little spoiled brats are ruining the fun that we used to have as kids!
Tiggy (tag) is an awesome game, but some schools have banned it because when a kid gets tagged, they sulk. Schools have also banned skipping because some brats can't understand that they have to actually SHARE the skipping rope:

SCHOOLS are resorting to banning games such as tiggy and skipping because many children either can't share or can't handle losing.

Smaller families and over-protective parents are being blamed for a lack of resilience.

The onus often falls on teachers to show children how to sort out their problems.

Greensborough Primary principal Margaret Hirth, whose school temporarily banned tiggy late last term because of a lack of fair play and a failure to sort out differences of opinion, said children often required adult support for games to run smoothly.

The tiggy ban was lifted this term after the rules were reiterated at assembly.

"Kids would be playing nicely until they got tagged and then they'd say: 'Well, I'm not playing any more','' Mrs Hirth said.

No Cookies | Herald Sun

At least they lifted the ban, but why consider one in the first place?

Kids need to learn not to be such sore losers!

In grade school we mostly hung around in gangs having fights with other gangs.

As a kid, I read this in a Casper The Friendly Ghost comic book... he said that he doesn't like sports because there's always a loser. I remember thinking what a fucked up bitch ghost. Never touched one of his comics since.

Forum List

Back