Schumer warns that the Senate will vote on changes to the chamber’s rules by Jan. 17 unless Republicans get out of the way on elections reform

It takes a while to read 36 pages of AZ SB 1819. However, all looks great and legit. No voter suppression. They are only purging those that are not legal to vote in AZ. AKA…voter integrity.
It's not the bill, it's who's in charge of the bill. For references, talk to Jack Kemp and Kris Kobach. Both did the wrong thing, and they were taken to court because of it.

And the irony to all that, it's still Republicans pushing it, and it's still Republicans getting caught illegally purging citizens.

That is an accusation by your blogger Greg Palast. His other accusations on this have all been found false as shown in my earlier link. Assume this will come back the same.

However, on the AZ and other bills you pointed me to, why do you think if someone dies or moves they shouled remain on that locals voter rolls? Should they not be deleted if they die, or if they move and register in their new state? How is refusing to let some who is dead vote suppression, or someone who doesn’t even live there any longer as neither should be voting.
No one does. A legal purge is a legal purge. An illegal purge is illegal. And both Kris Kobach and Jack Kemp both were caught with illegal purges that cost elections. So no, any bill involving purges by Republicans has nothing to do with voter integrity.

That is an accusation by your blogger Greg Palast. His other accusations on this have all been found false as shown in my earlier link. Assume this will come back the same.

However, on the AZ and other bills you pointed me to, why do you think if someone dies or moves they shouled remain on that locals voter rolls? Should they not be deleted if they die, or if they move and register in their new state? How is refusing to let someone who is dead vote suppression, or someone who doesn’t even live there any longer as neither should be voting.
Voter purges: are Republicans trying to rig the 2020 election? Illegal voter purges by Republicans is going on in a massive scale.

No one does. A legal purge is a legal purge. An illegal purge is illegal. And both Kris Kobach and Jack Kemp both were caught with illegal purges that cost elections. So no, any bill involving purges by Republicans has nothing to do with voter integrity.
So then you are okay with the bills?

You keep saying illegal purge, but your links were accusations, and one was already shown false by politifact. Your man Greg P. doesn't seem to be a reliable blogger.

Last edited:
The Filibuster was meant to be used on rare occasions
It is now used on all legislation

Time to end it
You’re wrong. The threat of the filibuster was supposed to force compromise. Compromise always results in less extreme laws and extreme laws are always bad.

Voter purges: are Republicans trying to rig the 2020 election? Illegal voter purges by Republicans is going on in a massive scale.
You linked to The Guardian. I did a search for articles from The Guardian on Politifact. They don't seem to be the place to get your stats as you can see below on the first page of returns. Them along with your blog post guy, and not sure that is a legit argument. However, I am glad at least we see eye to eye that purging voter rolls is fine. If someone is caught cheating on purpose they should be prosecuted.

Edit: Deleted the results, as it showed all were "false" from the Guardian. However, I wanted to be fair as the returns did show some for other outlets too, and that was not fair to you since it was not 100% accurate.

Last edited:
So, what is your point? Filibusters are bad because somebody will be pissed off with the end result? IMHO, that's too fucking bad, the very nature of compromise is that nobody gets everything they wanted and that is called tough shit, baby. You cannot please everybody, right?

I'm sure that I'm missing your point here.
A good compromise makes everyone unhappy. No one gets exactly what they want.

A good compromise makes everyone unhappy. No one gets exactly what they want.

Yeah, but everybody does get something, even if it's less than they wanted. That's sorta the way it's supposed to work in a constitutional republic, isn't it? Nothing really extreme gets done, and I think that's a good thing.

Nah, sorry, go pound sand. Nobody has to make that case. The frauds pushing the laws have to make the case why we need them.

Which they cannot do without lying their asses off. Not that you care. You know exactly why they want the new laws, and you support what they are doing. Not sure who you think you are fooling...
So I see, you got nothing, Vermont Joe's state has stricter voter laws than Georgia. Where is your outrage?

Shorten window to apply for a mail ballotAL H.B. 538, AR S.B. 643, GA S.B. 202, IA S.F. 413, KY H.B. 574, OK H.B. 2663
Shorten deadline to deliver mail ballotAR S.B. 643
Make it harder to remain on absentee voting listsAZ S.B. 1485, FL S.B. 90
Eliminate or limit sending mail ballot applications to voters who do not specifically request themGA S.B. 202, IA S.F. 413, KS H.B. 2332
Eliminate or limit sending mail ballots to voters who do not specifically request themFL S.B. 90
Restrict assistance in returning a voter’s mail ballotAR H.B. 1715, FL S.B. 90, IA S.F. 413, KS H.B. 2183, KY H.B. 574, MT S.B. 530
Limit the number, location, or availability of mail ballot drop boxesFL S.B. 90, GA S.B. 202, IA S.F. 413, IN S.B. 398
Impose stricter signature requirements for mail ballotsAZ S.B. 1003, ID H.B. 290, KS H.B. 2183
Impose harsher voter ID requirements for mail votingFL S.B. 90, GA S.B. 202, MT S.B. 169
Impose harsher voter ID requirements for in-person votingAR H.B. 1112, AR H.B. 1244, NH H.B. 523, MT S.B. 169, WY H.B. 75
Expand voter purges or risk faulty voter purgesAZ S.B. 1819, IA S.F. 413, FL S.B. 90, KY H.B. 574, LA H.B. 167, TX S.B. 1111, UT H.B. 12
Increase barriers for voters with disabilitiesAL H.B. 285, IA S.F. 568, TX H.B. 3920
Ban snacks and water to voters waiting in lineFL S.B. 90, GA S.B. 202
Eliminate Election Day registrationMT H.B. 176
Reduce polling place availability (locations or hours)IA S.F. 413, MT S.B. 196
Increase number of voters per precinctNV S.B. 84
Limit early voting days or hoursGA S.B. 202, IA S.F. 413
This is what the Trump cheaters are doing folks. These folks are all in for destroying this country and the 250 years it took to get us to a better place.
All of those are reasonable efforts to validate voters and eliminate voters who aren’t eligible to vote. There are over seven hundred days between elections, that’s plenty of time to register, and who needs days or weeks of early voting when every state allows paid time off on Election Day if it’s necessary to vote. Drop boxes should only be allowed in supervised locations and only authorized people should be allowed to use them. Absentee voting applications should have to be renewed frequently to maintain the validity of the rolls. How many people with dementia have other people voting for them?

You’re wrong. The threat of the filibuster was supposed to force compromise. Compromise always results in less extreme laws and extreme laws are always bad.
Agree

But Congress now refuses to compromise and punishes those who do.
Eliminating filibuster is the only path forward

Yeah, but everybody does get something, even if it's less than they wanted. That's sorta the way it's supposed to work in a constitutional republic, isn't it? Nothing really extreme gets done, and I think that's a good thing.
In today’s Congress a Win/Win solution is condemned.
You can’t allow the other side to have a win

We'll, that's for you to worry about now isn't it? Seeing that I'm the one who produced them, and you are the one complaining about them. If you were capable, you would have already produced countering documentation. But since you haven't, a long line of bull shit is all we've seen. So please, fill us in on more of it. It's you making the idiot of yourself by providing us with nothing. LOL!
Someone already provided the countering documentation -- the laws themselves. They don't say what your hysterical leftist rag source says they say.

Because it removes boxes that can be flooded with fake ballots. The idea is to ensure a SECURE vote. One that is not subject to fraud. The more boxes, the more fraud. How else do you think all of these magical thousands of votes keep miraculously appearing days after voting day?
Fake ballots? :eusa_doh:
Do you imagine that ballots are just a vote scrawled on any old piece of paper and they have no security features like serial numbers that must match with the party it was issued to?

Forum List

Back