Schumer's pipe dream, a trial with.....you know.....evidence.

If only you could demonstrate this is the case here - eh?
It's not easy when the president decides when he is allowed to be investigated.

Our justice system doesn't make it "easy" to find people guilty of crimes, Colfax...it requires proof be presented by the prosecution. You don't put people in jail because you don't like them! You put them in jail because you've proven beyond a reasonable doubt that they have committed a crime! Trump hasn't cooperated with Adam Schiff''s attempt to rail road him. For some reason you now think THAT is also an impeachable offence! It would be the same as finding someone guilty of "obstruction of justice" for invoking their 5th Amendment rights!

Trump isn’t invoking his 5th amendment rights. He is preventing a constitutional process.

There is a dispute here between Congress and the Office of the Presidency as to what the President must provide them.

The right format to decide this is for congress to bring it through the courts, not to pass phony articles of impeachment.

Why?

why should the legislature need permission from the judiciary to carry out their constitutional oversight of the executive?

We both know the reason. You know that Trump would lose this battle. It’s just to delay, in other words to obstruct.
Oversight doesn't give Congress anything they want, moron.

Where's the House's evidence?
In Trump's phone call...

"Biden went around bragging that he stopped the prosecution so if you can look into it..."

All true, Biden was using Ukraine to launder US taxpayer money and no bribery or quid pro quo.
It's illegal for a candidate to solicit foreign aid for their campaign.
You mean, like when Hillary paid millions to Russia for a fake dossier to use against Trump?

Durham and Barr will show that Stalinist democrats conspired with Ukraine to interfere with the 2016 election.

Watergate is a fucking joke in comparison
LOL

That's what you cultists were saying about the IG report -- until it was released.

The IG report already has Comey walking back his "exoneration", Clapper starts every sentence with the phrase, "Obama told me to" and it forced the Stalinist democrats to go forward on an "impeachment" with only their completely inaccurate interpretation of a phone call

Greatness should be recognized. In pursuit of that endeavor, it should be acknowledged no one is better at deceit than Moscow Mitch.

“It is not the Senate’s job to leap into the breach and search desperately for ways to get to ‘guilty,’” McConnell said, in a reply to Schumer’s request that the Senate agree to call several Trump administration officials as witnesses for the impeachment trial in the same resolution that lays out the trial’s rules of the road.
McConnell rejects Schumer’s opening offer on impeachment trial

For him, "search desperately for ways to get to ‘guilty,’” means presenting the available evidence so senators have all the information they need to make an informed decision. Duplicity is in his nature.........and he's really good at it.

In Trump's phone call...

"Biden went around bragging that he stopped the prosecution so if you can look into it..."

All true, Biden was using Ukraine to launder US taxpayer money and no bribery or quid pro quo.
You mean, like when Hillary paid millions to Russia for a fake dossier to use against Trump?
Do you ever tell the truth about anything?

Who polices the police?
If a cop is using their authority for personal gain, that’s a problem, wouldn’t you agree?

Our justice system doesn't make it "easy" to find people guilty of crimes, Colfax...it requires proof be presented by the prosecution. You don't put people in jail because you don't like them! You put them in jail because you've proven beyond a reasonable doubt that they have committed a crime! Trump hasn't cooperated with Adam Schiff''s attempt to rail road him. For some reason you now think THAT is also an impeachable offence! It would be the same as finding someone guilty of "obstruction of justice" for invoking their 5th Amendment rights!

Trump isn’t invoking his 5th amendment rights. He is preventing a constitutional process.

It was an analogy, Colfax! Trump is invoking his Executive Privilege rights. You have no more right to impeach him for that then a prosecutor has to bring charges against a citizen for invoking any of THEIR rights!

Who polices the police?
If a cop is using their authority for personal gain, that’s a problem, wouldn’t you agree?
I accept your concession of the point.
When you think you can demonstrate Trump acted for personal gain, as you claim, let us know.
Trump tried to get Ukraine to politically hit a rival for the 2020 presidential election. That's of personal gain to Trump who's also campaigning for that same office
Biden misbehaved in ukraine while he was VP

That needs to be investigated
Correction. Baseless allegations have been made about Old Joe. We already know what happened. Shokin was removed for not investigating corruption in Ukraine at the insistence of the US, the EU, and the IMF. Full stop. Please, no more lies about Biden. It's getting tiresome.

Who polices the police?

It was an analogy, Colfax! Trump is invoking his Executive Privilege rights. You have no more right to impeach him for that then a prosecutor has to bring charges against a citizen for invoking any of THEIR rights!
He's not invoking executive privilege either. He's not doing anything other than crumpling them up and throwing them in the shredder.

Answer me one question please.
What do you think would happen to you if your ignored a subpoena?

In Trump's phone call...

Liar. Hillary didn't pay Russians. She paid Fusion GPS, an American firm.

Like I always say, if conservatives didn't lie, they'd have absolutely nothing to say.

Trump is invoking his Executive Privilege rights.
Incorrect. Trump is manufacturing blanket EP rights that do not exist in order to justify his obstruction.

If you or anyone else in the Congress feels that Trump's use of Executive Privilege is improper then you should do what the Constitution is set up to do...let the Supreme Court rule on it. That isn't Adan Schiff's domain.

Durham and Barr will show that Stalinist democrats conspired with Ukraine to interfere with the 2016 election.

Watergate is a fucking joke in comparison
LOL

That's what you cultists were saying about the IG report -- until it was released.

The IG report already has Comey walking back his "exoneration", Clapper starts every sentence with the phrase, "Obama told me to" and it forced the Stalinist democrats to go forward on an "impeachment" with only their completely inaccurate interpretation of a phone call
So? Y'all were rubbing your hands together over the IG investigation until the report came out. Since then, you've been rubbing your hands over the Barr investigation and the Durham investigation. Nothing will come of those either. Doubtful, but maybe some day you'll learn you're being led by the nose.

In Trump's phone call...

Like I always say, if conservatives didn't lie, they'd have absolutely nothing to say.

She used a middleman. To hide the smear job she was paying for. Somehow that makes it OK with you? You're amusing as ever, Faun!

He's not invoking executive privilege either. He's not doing anything other than crumpling them up and throwing them in the shredder.

Answer me one question please.
What do you think would happen to you if your ignored a subpoena?

If I went to the courts to determine whether or not a subpoena was legal? Nothing actually. We have due process in this country.

In Trump's phone call...

She used a middleman. To hide the smear job she was paying for. Somehow that makes it OK with you? You're amusing as ever, Faun!
So you say, but you're a proven lying con tool who to this day can't prove she was involved with Fusion GPS hiring Steele.

Former White House counsel Donald McGahn must comply with House subpoena, judge rules
https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...e26cc8-018d-11ea-8bab-0fc209e065a8_story.html

Former Trump White House counsel Donald McGahn must comply with a House subpoena, a federal court ruled Monday, finding that “no one is above the law” and that top presidential advisers cannot ignore congressional demands for information. The ruling raises the possibility that McGahn could be forced to testify as part of the impeachment inquiry.

U.S. District Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson of Washington found no basis for a White House claim that the former counsel is “absolutely immune from compelled congressional testimony,” setting the stage for a historic separation-of-powers confrontation between the executive and legislative branches of the government.

1. Better tell Giuliani who has claimed he's doing everything in Ukraine solely as part of his service to his client, Trump. Sorry man, but that's a pretty big stretch.
When you can demonstrate that your personal lawyer in unable to act on your behalf with regard to your public business, let us know.
2. Another huge stretch. It's pretty obvious to anyone with half a brain why Trump might want the investigation made public.
The fact you cannot demonstrate the necessary relationship I spoke of is not a stretch at all.

So... :lol: :21: :lol:

When you think you can demonstrate Trump acted for personal gain, as you claim, let us know
1. I don’t have to demonstrate anything. Giuliani admitted it publicly that he was working solely on the benefit of Trump.
2. I don’t even know what you’re trying to claim here. Would a public announcement of an investigation help or hurt Biden?
As per the norm, I accept your concessions of the points you tried to make.

So you say, but you're a proven lying con tool who to this day can't prove she was involved with Fusion GPS hiring Steele.

Still claiming that the sleaziest politician to "grace" this country in many decades didn't know that Fusion GPS was cooking up a smear job on her political opponent? Poor misunderstood, Hillary! Too stupid to understand you can't run the State Department on servers hidden in your home...too clueless to know that Fusion GPS was behind a smear job on her opponent despite the fact that half of Washington did know! Like I said...you're as amusing as ever...

Nope take your TDS somewhere else

I know as a Trump Humper you can't see it.
I can see your TDS in your words that you post in these threads

I can see your Trump hypocrisy in your words in your post. You are a Trump Humper and in your eyes the guy can do no wrong.
I'm using the democrats playbook. Screw being fair you TDS moron

So you are just a Trump Humpin Ass Clown.
Projection is a tool used specifically by leftist Saul alinsky

Still claiming that the sleaziest politician to "grace" this country in many decades didn't know that Fusion GPS was cooking up a smear job on her political opponent? Poor misunderstood, Hillary! Too stupid to understand you can't run the State Department on servers hidden in your home...too clueless to know that Fusion GPS was behind a smear job on her opponent despite the fact that half of Washington did know! Like I said...you're as amusing as ever...
Be sure to let me know the day you become lucid enough to prove Hillary was involved in the hiring of Steele.
thumbsup.gif

Forum List

Back