Scientific Method, 2016

Can you show us lab work demonstrating heat moving from cooler to warmer?
Yes I can. SSDD cited lab work that showed exactly that. Here is a quote from SSDD's link
...heat can flow from cold to warm….
See the link below. Look on page 16.
Also on page 10 the experimenter says,
...This means that energy, in the form of heat, had to travel from cold to warm...
well, that's where you are wrong....observable, repeatable experiments have been done in the lab which found a temperature gradient in columns of air....Boltzman and Maxwell were wrong then and they have been proven wrong now....here...have a read....

https://tallbloke.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/production-of-electricity-out-of-a-heat-bath.pdf

Last edited:
Yes I can. SSDD cited lab work that showed exactly that. Here is a quote from SSDD's link
...This means that energy, in the form of heat, had to travel from cold to warm...
well, that's where you are wrong....observable, repeatable experiments have been done in the lab which found a temperature gradient in columns of air....Boltzman and Maxwell were wrong then and they have been proven wrong now....here...have a read....

https://tallbloke.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/production-of-electricity-out-of-a-heat-bath.pdf

It isn't spontaneous movement but then, reality isn't really your thing is it?...you prefer interpreting as necessary to support a narrative.

The article I read said that only happens under special circumstances, "It does not fit to my experimental results! My results show that because the earth has a gravitational field, heat can flow here from a low temperature region towards a higher temperature region. Furthermore, an “equilibrium” condition can exist simultaneously with a temperature gradient over height."

Did you miss that part?

The article I read said that only happens under special circumstances, "It does not fit to my experimental results! My results show that because the earth has a gravitational field, heat can flow here from a low temperature region towards a higher temperature region. Furthermore, an “equilibrium” condition can exist simultaneously with a temperature gradient over height."

Did you miss that part?
Good for you for reading it. Oh yes, I read that part.

SSDD is continually saying, "Energy cannot flow from a colder to a hotter object." The article is a counter example.

Did you miss that part?

SSDD is continually saying, "Energy cannot flow from a colder to a hotter object." The article is a counter example.

Yeah, I'm funny that way. I read AR5 and apparently neither did Crick nor Old Rock nor any of the other Warmers who cite it like Scripture. They didn't know that "Excess Heat" was the foundation upon which AR5 build "the oceans ate my global warming!" sand castle

Did you miss that part?

how so, the writer clearly identified gravity as work and not spontaneous? or did you not read that part?

Scientific definition of WORK:
The transfer of energy from one object to another, especially in order to make the second object move in a certain direction. Work is equal to the
amount of force multiplied by the distance over which it is applied. If a force of 10 newtons, for example, is applied over a distance of 3 meters, the
work is equal to 30 newtons per meter, or 30 joules. The unit for measuring
work is the same as that for energy in any system of units, since work is simply a transfer of energy. Compare energy, power.

If the Earth's atmosphere went from a state of weightlessness to one of our normal gravitational field, work would be done on it as it was compressed towards the surface. However, since with regard to gravity (ie, vertically), the net motion of the atmosphere is zero. Without motion, no work is done. Gravity does no work on the Earth's atmosphere.

The transfer of energy from one object to another, especially in order to make the second object move in a certain direction. Work is equal to the
amount of force multiplied by the distance over which it is applied. If a force of 10 newtons, for example, is applied over a distance of 3 meters, the
work is the same as that for energy in any system of units, since work is simply a transfer of energy. Compare energy, power.

If the Earth's atmosphere went from a state of weightlessness to one of our normal gravitational field, work would be done on it as it was compressed towards the surface. However, since with regard to gravity (ie, vertically), the net motion of the atmosphere is zero. Without motion, no work is done. Gravity does no work on the Earth's atmosphere.
So you're saying that both the article and Newtons Second Law are incorrect and heat spontaneously moves from cold to hot

So you're saying that both the article and Newtons Second Law are incorrect and heat spontaneously moves from cold to hot

Guess he is also saying that the molecules that make up the atmosphere are not objects and that they are static.

Guess he is also saying that the molecules that make up the atmosphere are not objects and that they are static.

Or maybe he's saying that CO2 is an antigravity molecule.

Since the atmosphere is neither compressing towards the Earth, nor leaving the planet, there is no net vertical motion. Without that, the net work gravity is doing on the atmosphere is zero.

God are you people stupid.

Since the atmosphere is neither compressing towards the Earth, nor leaving the planet, there is no net vertical motion. Without that, the net work gravity is doing on the atmosphere is zero.

Gravity doesnt compress the atmosphere? Wow it that only on planet Earth? Does gravity work on the sun or any other planet in the solar system? Does gravity compress water on Earth

He's now saying gravity does not function on planet Earth

Gravity doesnt compress the atmosphere? Wow it that only on planet Earth? Does gravity work on the sun or any other planet in the solar system? Does gravity compress water on Earth

Frank, I found this explanation today, I thought I'd share it with you: Gravitational Energy.

"Every object may have Potential energy but Gravitational energy is only stored in the height of the object. Any time that a heavy object is kept high up, a force or power is likely to be holding it up there. This is the reason why it stays up and does not fall. It is important to note that the heavier the object, the more its potential energy."

What is gravitational and potential energy?

Frank, I found this explanation today, I thought I'd share it with you: Gravitational Energy.

"Every object may have Potential energy but Gravitational energy is only stored in the height of the object. Any time that a heavy object is kept high up, a force or power is likely to be holding it up there. This is the reason why it stays up and does not fall. It is important to note that the heavier the object, the more its potential energy."

....except on planet Earth according to Crick

Do you know why they can't ever learn? Its because they're EnviroMarxists and dont give a fuck.

Like I said, god are you people stupid.

Two points. One: I was using compress in its verb sense - gravity is not taking rarefied air and compressing it into denser air, as might an air pump. It is certainly HOLDING it in that state, but holding something still, even against a force, DOES NO WORK.

Two: As far as total, net VERTICAL displacement, the atmosphere is motionless. Work can only be done when matter is MOVED in the direction of a force. The direction of gravity is vertical. There is no vertical motion. Therefore the force of gravity does no WORK on the atmosphere. Are either of you capable of understanding these points?

Two points. One: I was using compress in its verb sense - gravity is not taking rarefied air and compressing it into denser air, as might an air pump. It is certainly HOLDING it in that state, but holding something still, even against a force, DOES NO WORK.

Two: As far as total, net VERTICAL displacement, the atmosphere is motionless. Work can only be done when matter is MOVED in the direction of a force. The direction of gravity is vertical. There is no vertical motion. Therefore the force of gravity does no WORK on the atmosphere. Are either of you capable of understanding these points?

Gravity doesn’t compress air??

JC did you hack Cricks account to make him sound ridiculous

Gravity doesn’t compress air??

JC did you hack Cricks account to make him sound ridiculous
Vince might of deputy dog

Interesting how many of you guys think that objects must be smart in order to obey the laws of nature....energy doesn't move spontaneously from cool to warm...we can't explain why that is or the fundamental mechanism that makes it happen, but it happens none the less and every observation and measurement ever made bears this out...that is why the wording of the physical law doesn't mention net...energy movement is a one way gross transaction.
My gosh. You are the one thinking photons are smart and can avoid objects hotter than the ones they came from.

When it comes to thermal energy in radiation physics, the word energy always means net energy. Every physicist understands that, but of course you don't believe in quantum mechanics, so you can believe what you want.

Thanks a bunch

Radiation moves from cooler to warmer all the time.
Because photons don't use thermometers to decide what direction to travel.

Forum List

Back