Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Scott Walker: 2016 Thread

Clinton vs Walker: Who do you pick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Moneyman

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2012
Won 3 elections in 4 years with margins over 5 each time in a typical liberal state. Took on the unions and won.

Would you vote for Scott Walker in 2016? If it was Walker vs H. Clinton who do you pick?

Granted he was elected in GOP wave years of 2010 and 2014 in a "moderate" state (wisconsin is not in anyway at all liberal). Still he's probably better then a good 3/4ths of the known GOP candidates out there...

The problem with our Presidential election process is that it almost guarantees a distasteful choice. Both parties require shameless pandering to their core constituencies, and whoever does not toe the party line is rejected. The only relative benefit for Republican nominees is that their constituencies tend to be focused on narrower issues (e.g., abortion) which do not spill over as much into other areas of governance. Democratic nominees have to placate more numerous and varied constituencies who demand seats at the governance table (i.e., political appointments). As a result, their hands are more tied as they try to govern.

At this time, Walker is a favorite for 2016 among conservatives, and there are plenty of VP choices available to him as well who would help put him in the WH.

I like Walker, I am all about being a fiscal conservative, I am more of a moderate with social issues.

Walker is a fiscal conservative so he does have some appeal.

Kasich is ten times better and more qualified. He accomplished huge things at federal gov level in leadership position state level gov and business man.

Kasich is ten times better and more qualified. He accomplished huge things at federal gov level in leadership position state level gov and business man.
I would have no problem with a Kasich presidency but he's too nice. He would probably let too many things slide in a campaign.

I would have no problem with a Kasich presidency but he's too nice. He would probably let too many things slide in a campaign.
No he calls a spade a spade and challenges his opponents. He is likable which romney didnt have, which is a huge asset in presidential election.

At this time, Walker is a favorite for 2016 among conservatives, and there are plenty of VP choices available to him as well who would help put him in the WH.
What are you smoking? He's not even ranking.

Are you kidding? Only governor to survive a recall, targeted by the union machine and won, the guy is charmed. His name comes up every time as a major contender for 2016. He appeals to every faction of the Republican Party. He's a union busting hero. Ask any Republican if they would vote for him.

Won 3 elections in 4 years with margins over 5 each time in a typical liberal state. Took on the unions and won.

Would you vote for Scott Walker in 2016? If it was Walker vs H. Clinton who do you pick?

I'll admit that I was speed reading and clicked H.Clinton thinking it was Rick Scott.

I look forward to learning more about

I voted Clinton for one reason. The day after last election I made a HUGE list of candidates that should have been solid in 2016. (A Romney was a joke, here are the better options thing)

Rubio showed he's uneducated on the gun topic. Christie showed he's big Gov. Wolf in Sheeps clothing (My first pick). Paul tried to speak to black people just like Ross Perot did, he looked just as out of touch and awkward (My second pick then, my primary pick now for the Right). Huckabee could possibly be the best candidate but can't separate church from state (Little rule in the Constitution, freedom of Religion...not freedom to force one religion). I'm still sad to this day that I told my wife "Look out for this Ted Cruz guy. He's very interesting and could solve the Republican situation then BOOM! He played his end game right off the bat shutting down the government and saying UNO!

Republicans are kings of shooting themselves in the foot. I mean, "We will not be dictated by facts this election" should be a sign of major flaws.

If they get brainy, they might see me defending them.

Are you kidding? Only governor to survive a recall, targeted by the union machine and won, the guy is charmed. His name comes up every time as a major contender for 2016. He appeals to every faction of the Republican Party. He's a union busting hero. Ask any Republican if they would vote for him.
None of what you said has anything to do with the polls. He is not at the top of any of them.

Forum List

Back