Scott Walker On Evolution: 'I Am Going To Punt On That One'

Evolution beliefs = Religious beliefs. It matters...
Reallly? Why? The Constittution states there shall be no religious tests for office. So it's pretty much moot.

The Constitution may not require it - but NaziCons do!
You're the one who seems to want to impose a religious test, asshole.

I don't want some retard who believes in Creationism to have access to the nuclear suitcase! Do you?
Thats' nice. Instead you want some retard who believes in class warfare. You're the bigger idiot here.

I do. If you don't grasp that humans evolved and that evolution is proven science....you don't get to be president.

There are no proven theories in the physical sciences and there never can be. The modern theories of evolution are extremely robust and seem very accurate but we can not know with certainty that they accurately describe the unobserveable past.

Belief in scientific theories changes science into faith. Please don't do it.

Do you think "carbon dating" is just a theory?
Yes, carbon dating is a theory. It relies on many assumptions.

Do you think it may be soooo wrong that it could be off by billions of years?
Entirely possible.
It assumes that Carbon 14 deteriorates at a steady state. But what if that isnt true?

What if gravity isn't true?

Reallly? Why? The Constittution states there shall be no religious tests for office. So it's pretty much moot.

We want our president to support infrastructure, science and r&d! We want our president working to build America and demanding accountability!

We don't really care or want religion.
Fuck infrastructure.
The Founding Fathers were all religious. Doubtless you wouldnt them either.

There are no proven theories in the physical sciences and there never can be. The modern theories of evolution are extremely robust and seem very accurate but we can not know with certainty that they accurately describe the unobserveable past.

Entirely possible.
It assumes that Carbon 14 deteriorates at a steady state. But what if that isnt true?

What if you're really just a giant talking asshole?

We want our president to support infrastructure, science and r&d! We want our president working to build America and demanding accountability!

Fuck infrastructure.

Have fun driving on a dirt road or driving across a 50 year old bridge. Your ideas would have us becoming like Haiti!

Entirely possible.

Sounds like you're rapidly decaying...

Fuck infrastructure.

Have fun driving on a dirt road or driving across a 50 year old bridge. Your ideas would have us becoming like Haiti!
Your ideas would have us becoming like Japan!

Entirely possible.

Sounds like you're rapidly decaying...
Sounds like you're still an asshole.

Entirely possible.

Can you post some peer reviewed papers with scientist that are that throw into doubt the method of carbon-14 aging??? Or that feel that gravity is bullshit? That I would love to see. ;)

How is he wrong? Only a law can be proven without "doubt".

The same way you're wrong. Because you're a damned fool who doesn't know what he's talking about. Scientific laws are not proven, they are observed.

Oh, and by putting "doubt" in quotation marks, you contradict yourself anyway.

Really?

Where am I wrong? Kindly point out my mistake so I may correct it.

The whole thing is wrong. Most especially that capital T bullshit.

In what ways, if I may ask?

In the way which you are a damned fool.

Since you won't answer the question without resorting to insults, it seems that you must not have one.

Listen, fool, you're the one babbling about truth little t/truth capital T, and making up things about how science works. Your claims, your burden to prove.

Oh wait, you can't support anything you said because you're making it up as you go along and creating a hodgepodge slightly less coherent than a rambling schizophrenic on an acid trip. Don't blame me because you're a damned fool.

Start here:
Truth and Theory - How to Construct Theories Reflecting Reality
If scientific theories keep changing where is the Truth
http://www3.nd.edu/~achakra1/downloads/glanzberg_handbook.pdf
Journal Home

I can't name a theory of the physical sciences that has been proved to be true. Can you?

Germ Theory?
Evolution?
General Relativity?
The Big Bang?
Quantum Theory?
The theory of Gravity?

Any I may be missing?

Mathematical proofs can be proved true, and so can logical ones. But not the physical sciences.

Fuck infrastructure.

Mine would have us becoming like China! UAh, South Korea, etc. A reminder to you, Japan(third largest) has one of the biggest economies on earth with a population less than half of ours. Economy of Japan - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

One of the top 5 economical systems and a tech super power! Not bad. We can do better!

Fuck infrastructure.

Mine would have us becoming like China! UAh, South Korea, etc. A reminder to you, Japan(third largest) has one of the biggest economies on earth with a population less than half of ours. Economy of Japan - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

One of the top 5 economical systems and a tech super power! Not bad. We can do better!
Japan has a bloated public sector, a moribund private sector, debt out the wazoo, and shiny bridges to nowhere.

I must admit that I don't believe in Evolution. It's a fantastic theory of course and is a very powerful way of understanding natural processes but when one asks most people about Evolution they usually talk about humans being apes. Shows a lack of understanding of both Evolution as a theory and the nature of Science in general. May as well ask "Do you believe in Newtonian Physics. Science is NOT a religion!!

Greg

Human beings are, in fact, classified as anthropoid apes. Of this there is no ambiguity, no doubt. That you question this shows your lack of understanding of the facts.

Actually there is little doubt, but not "no doubt". All the current evidence seems incontrovertible. It's hard not to be totally certain. But a truly skeptical mind will always have reason to doubt because belief is just a step away from dogma.

99.999% is not 1 but it certainly is close enough to close the books on the issue. Humans are anthropoid apes. End of story.

I do. If you don't grasp that humans evolved and that evolution is proven science....you don't get to be president.

Entirely possible.

Carbon dating is used successfully by laboratories the world over. Does anyone truly believe that all of these labs would be wasting their time and money on the method if it didn't work?

The same way you're wrong. Because you're a damned fool who doesn't know what he's talking about. Scientific laws are not proven, they are observed.

Actually, the scientific laws, or physical laws or the laws of nature, are theoretical.

Laws of Nature Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy

Physical law - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Actually, the scientific laws, or physical laws or the laws of nature, are theoretical.

Laws of Nature Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy

Physical law - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

So laws are just theories. They just have a fancy name. That about right?

You really should just stop. You are biting off way more than you can chew. Stay on the shallow side and keep your floaties on.

Forum List

Back