SCOTUS discusses immunity for the President

Was the government given the power to force a woman to tell the government she is pregnant before she is showing, in the Constitution? Or the govt given the power to track women's periods? Or the government given the power to make your personal medical decisions? Or force you to carry your baby to be when it is harmful to you and future pregnancies?

Can you direct me to where in the constitution it gives the government that power, over us and our medical decisions and body autonomy?

No, the Constitution is moot on that, hence it devolves to the State legislatures to figure out.

So how do you justify medical boards, drug laws, and other legislation if "body autonomy" is an absolute right?

"I have the right to go to an unlicensed doctor to give up one of my kidneys for money, and that unlicensed doctor has the right to do it!!!"

Is that what you are arguing?

No, because abortion isn't a right.

Equal protection is a right.
Plessey said separate but EQUAL.

They were following that strict interpretation you are so fond of.

Abortion is as much a right as integration. Neither are enumerated but protected none the less.

So how do you justify medical boards, drug laws, and other legislation if "body autonomy" is an absolute right?
Protecting safety of individuals from products is a good function of government.

Abortion is very safe. Safer than childbirth.

When the USSC asked Trump's lawyer if Trump's J6 actions were "private" or "presidential" the response was "private".
He was WRONG! Questioning the integrity of the 2020 election is not a damn crime. Especially given all the shit that took place under the cover of COVID. We should expect the sitting president to say time out, what the hell?

6-sudden-vacancies-supreme-court-v0-f308bxi69rwc1.jpeg
And? I guess you have no point. Stop wasting internet bandwidth.

Plessey said separate but EQUAL.

They were following that strict interpretation you are so fond of.

Abortion is as much a right as integration. Neither are enumerated but protected none the less.

Plessey was wrong.

No, they weren't, they were making shit up just like in Roe.

Integration wasn't the right, equal protection was. Integration was the method of assuring equal protection.

Abortion is not a right.

When SCOTUS determines the fetus has equal protection, let me know.

They don't have to. The State legislatures decide the line between the fetuses right to exist vs. the mother's right to destroy it.

For me the line is somewhere between 10-15 weeks. For others up until birth, for others 6 weeks, for others at conception.

Plessey was wrong.

No, they weren't, they were making shit up just like in Roe.

Integration wasn't the right, equal protection was. Integration was the method of assuring equal protection.

Abortion is not a right.
Plessey didn't make anything up. The constitution said equal so they mandated they be equal.

Abortion isn't the right. Autonomy is the right.

They don't have to. The State legislatures decide the line between the fetuses right to exist vs. the mother's right to destroy it.

For me the line is somewhere between 10-15 weeks. For others up until birth, for others 6 weeks, for others at conception.
Funny how you talk about what you feel the line is versus others, as if your opinion matters since you no longer have any right to decide for yourself. Dobbs handed that authority to the government.

The point is your attempt to implicate the ability for government to regulate medical procedures and medications is not the issue.

Plessey didn't make anything up. The constitution said equal so they mandated they be equal.

Abortion isn't the right. Autonomy is the right.

Plessey was made up hooey, based on the racism of the time.

Roe was made up hooey, based on the court's desire for the issue to go away. The issue didn't go away.

No, abortion is the right you want. Stop trying to deny it.

Funny how you talk about what you feel the line is versus others, as if your opinion matters since you no longer have any right to decide for yourself. Dobbs handed that authority to the government.

The point is your attempt to implicate the ability for government to regulate medical procedures and medications is not the issue.

No, it handed it to the State legislatures, elected by the people.

No, it handed it to the State legislatures, elected by the people.
Which means your opinion matters not. It's whatever the state decides for you.

Disagree with what the state tells you? No one cares. Submit to the state.

Forum List

Back