SCOTUS divided over SSM

You crack me up. "Civil rights" Are you kidding me? What "Civil right" are fags being denied? Are they not allowed to eat in the same establishments as straight folks? Are they not allowed to vote? Allowed to drink from the same water fountains?

Get this through your thick little head - marriage is not a "civil right". Gees you are dumb.

Actually marriage is a 'civil right"- the Supreme Court has overturned State marriage laws three times based upon that principle.

The question the Supreme Court is deciding is whether same gender couples are included in that civil right.

Ah, so it's NOT settled then, is it? Nor will it be when the decision comes down. The gays will NOT be happy.
Care to make a bet? How about one month off the boards to the loser.

Got a better idea....How about leaving the board forever? Want to play?
I don't want you gone forever. 30 days......yes or no?

Nope. Put your money where your mouth is. This board means nothing to me. If I'm gone tomorrow, so be it. All this bickering and whooping and hollering doesn't change a damned thing. So - do you want to play? or are you not really sure what those assholes in robes - who (way back when) appointed themselves the "final arbiter" of all things Constitutional (against the wishes of the "government") going to do? My money is that they are going to say that it is not "Constitutional" and therefore - should be left up to the individual states to decide (as it always should have been)

Look, play or don't - your choice. But understand where I come from here. America is in its' death throes as a nation. It has fallen morally and it has fallen spiritually. We are doomed - just as my Bible predicts. BAD things are coming our way and we have done it to ourselves. We "reap what we sow". So no matter how this works out - it will make no difference whatsoever. The dye has been cast. the future is set and there isn't a damned thing you and I can do about it.

So, interested in trying to get this old man off this board forever?

More specifically- not just 'gay sex'- many of them really want the government telling all of us what the acceptable ways to have consensual sex are- i.e. the government policing our bedrooms.
..again. Very lousy spin. You do not keep your homosexual activity in your bedroom any longer. You are out to destroy the foundation of a healthy society, namely the family
How does our legal gay marriage ruin your right to rape women?
You are probably an unattractive woman not having luck with males and have the fantasy of being raped. That's why you are obsessed with raping. Hardcore feminist>>> bitter and ill willed person.

Okay- so you are:
a) unable to distinguish between consensual sex and rape and
b) you think that lesbians have a fantasy of being raped.

You are a danger to women and society.

Please get help before you harm someone
The lack of valid argument on your part spins into unfounded personal attacks (typical of militant homosexuals) leaves me no choice but to ignore your stupidity.

you think that lesbians have a fantasy of being raped.
Wrong again. Spinning my statement to conclude - for some unknown reason - that I favor raping women is a projection of the idiot's obsession of rape.
Who brought up that having the right to sex gives one the right to rape? Who was that?

Who brought up that unattractive women fantasize about being raped? Who was that?

I live in San Francisco-
I happen to be here myself at the moment in the SJ area. 'You wanna meet up for lunch?

LOL.....I am in San Jose at this moment- and I would not knowingly be in the same spot with you unless I was there to protect your potential victims from harm.

I can't think of any other reason to associate with someone who is unable to differentiate between consensual sex and rape.

You wouldn't happen to work for the NFL would you?

Your post violates principles of Equity as well as Comity and is not in conformance with the Rule of 72.
non sequiturs are usually considered non-responsive in legal venues--you need to be more relevant. We have a Commerce Clause. That merchant in Commerce is operating on a for-profit basis--thus, our Commerce Clause applies.

It's actually the INTERSTATE COMMERCE CLAUSE. I'll let you puzzle out how that defeats your entire argument.

The Commerce Clause provides a fundamental basis for public accommodation laws.

Actually, I do not believe that is true.

The Commerce Clause is the rational for the 1964 Civil Rights Act(and similar Federal laws), but would not apply to all of the state and local PA laws.

Those would be governed by their own State constitutions.
Here is what I am referring to when I use the term, public accommodation laws:

Within U.S. law, public accommodations are generally defined as entities, both public and private, that are used by the public. Examples include retail stores, rental establishments and service establishments, as well as educational institutions, recreational facilities and service centers. Private clubs and religious institutions were exempt. However, in 1984, the United States Supreme Court declared the previously all-male Junior Chamber International, a chamber of Commerce organization for persons between the ages of eighteen and thirty-six, to be a public accommodation, which compelled the admission of women into the ranks.[1]--Source: Public accommodations - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Commerce must have some fundamental law in the US with our written Constitution and supreme law of the land.

It cannot be a religious freedom issue if a Merchant in Commerce is operating on a for-profit basis instead of a not-for-the-profit-of-lucre basis.
TGhat is inconsistent with the USSC holding in McCullogh vs Maryland.

More specifically- not just 'gay sex'- many of them really want the government telling all of us what the acceptable ways to have consensual sex are- i.e. the government policing our bedrooms.
..again. Very lousy spin. You do not keep your homosexual activity in your bedroom any longer. You are out to destroy the foundation of a healthy society, namely the family
How does our legal gay marriage ruin your right to rape women?
You are probably an unattractive woman not having luck with males and have the fantasy of being raped. That's why you are obsessed with raping. Hardcore feminist>>> bitter and ill willed person.

Okay- so you are:

The lack of valid argument on your part spins into unfounded personal attacks (typical of militant homosexuals) leaves me no choice but to ignore your stupidity.

Okay- so you are:

Based on what? Gays want to be married to each other in order to destroy someone else's family? How, exactly, does that work?
No one is preventing gays from marrying each other Another fallacy popped.

defcon4- Please explain how gays civilly marrying each other threatens anyone's family? Are you afraid you'll leave your straight marriage for shay one?

Well, I can't speak for Defcon4 - But I've been married to the same woman for 47 years. You? I'm not afraid of my Wife going anywhere. It's called LOVE - not LUST. And if you don't know the difference - well then, there you go,

Well, we've been together 20 but have only been legally married since 2008.

How does your response answer my question? How does my marriage destroy anyone else's family?

Actually marriage is a 'civil right"- the Supreme Court has overturned State marriage laws three times based upon that principle.

The question the Supreme Court is deciding is whether same gender couples are included in that civil right.

Ah, so it's NOT settled then, is it? Nor will it be when the decision comes down. The gays will NOT be happy.

Nope. Put your money where your mouth is. This board means nothing to me. If I'm gone tomorrow, so be it. All this bickering and whooping and hollering doesn't change a damned thing. So - do you want to play? or are you not really sure what those assholes in robes - who (way back when) appointed themselves the "final arbiter" of all things Constitutional (against the wishes of the "government") going to do? My money is that they are going to say that it is not "Constitutional" and therefore - should be left up to the individual states to decide (as it always should have been)

Look, play or don't - your choice. But understand where I come from here. America is in its' death throes as a nation. It has fallen morally and it has fallen spiritually. We are doomed - just as my Bible predicts. BAD things are coming our way and we have done it to ourselves. We "reap what we sow". So no matter how this works out - it will make no difference whatsoever. The dye has been cast. the future is set and there isn't a damned thing you and I can do about it.

Again, I don't want to see you gone forever. 30 days...yes or no.

Based on what? Gays want to be married to each other in order to destroy someone else's family? How, exactly, does that work?
In California now....that is true. :D

Whole states have attempted to prevent just that.

Indeed. These clowns base their ideology on the principle of "the squeaky wheel gets the grease" - pun intended. They scream and shout and wring their little hands to the point that most Americans are beginning to believe that they are 40-45% of the population - when, in fact, they are less than 1%.

Scream loud and long enough and society comes around to your way of thinking. And we fall.

Folks that support gay marriage are closer to 55%. And you don't need to be gay to support gay marriage.

Link?

Sure.

Same-Sex Marriage Support Reaches New High at 55%

Same-Sex Marriage Support Reaches New High at 55

MOST AMERICANS DO NOT SUPPORT SAME-SEX MARRIAGE BY 5-1

Americans by a 5-1 margin are against same-sex marriage

See how easy that was? I can do that, too!
He provided a link.....you, not so much

Pity - but I'll play (it's a slow day on the ranch). 30 days it is. Enjoy your vacation from the faux outrage that exists on this forum....:2up:

Looks like SCOTUS ruling in favor of SSM isn't the lock the homos led everyone to believe. Roberts nailed it. Kennedy is all over the map, he's obviously conflicted.

Gay Marriage Arguments Divide Supreme Court Justices

Chief Justice John G. Roberts Jr. suggested that Ms. Bonauto was asking the court to do something radical.

“You’re not seeking to join the institution,” he said. “You’re seeking to change what the institution is.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/29/us/supreme-court-same-sex-marriage.html
I'd like to think you are correct but I think Kennedy was doing that just to appear "neutral" at the argument. I'd bet serious money the homos win this one.

I think the most informed opinion we have access to on this matter was Scalia in his discent of the Windsor decision in 2013. He concluded that the court's opinion on the matter was 'beyond mistaking' and that the application of the logic of the Windsor decision against state gay marriage bans was 'inevitable'.

And he works with these guys.

As for Kennedy, he's doesn't do much for show. If he brings up a point, he's genuinely concerned about it. Reading the Windsor decision, he iterated and reiterated the State's role in defining marriage. I think he's loathe to fuck with it. In his short comments on the issue he summed up the contest as being between State power over marriage and the immediate legal harm done to children.

I'd say its likely he'll side with the kids. But its conceivable that he could go with States on question 1. On question 2, its reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally unlikely that he'll rule that one state can ignore same sex marriages performed in another. Which means that same sex marriage is defacto legal across the country.

Either way, the gays win. Though they arguably win harder if Kennedy sides with them on question 1.

See how the far left wants to suppress and punish those that think differently from themselves..

Very telling post of the far left mentality..

More proof that they can not stand freedom of speech..

I live in San Francisco-
I happen to be here myself at the moment in the SJ area. 'You wanna meet up for lunch?
I think Syriusly is in a committed relationship.
I did not allude to a date.
Ah...no reason now to be coy. As I said...I believe Syriusly is already in a committed relationship.

But....you might want to brush up on consensual vs. non-consensual before you hook up with anyone.

you think that lesbians have a fantasy of being raped.
Wrong again. Spinning my statement to conclude - for some unknown reason - that I favor raping women is a projection of the idiot's obsession of rape.

I am not saying that you favor raping women- I am saying that because of this statement of yours:

Defcon4 Having sex is not a right. If it were, then rape as such would not be crime.

You appear to be unable to distinguish between consensual sex and rape.

And that inability to distinguish between the two means you could rape a girl not even realizing that it was wrong as she screams "No" at you, and tries to get away.

Forum List

Back