SCOTUS divided over SSM

..again. Very lousy spin. You do not keep your homosexual activity in your bedroom any longer. You are out to destroy the foundation of a healthy society, namely the family

Based on what? Gays want to be married to each other in order to destroy someone else's family? How, exactly, does that work?
No one is preventing gays from marrying each other Another fallacy popped.

Whole states have attempted to prevent just that.
Wrong. PLease show me the gay couples currently in custody for getting married.
You arent very good at this, are you?

That wasn't your claim- you aren't very good at this are you?

I just showed you that people are preventing gays from marrying each other.

Another of your lies exposed.
You havent shown anything, dumbshit. You asserted a fact that is simply untrue.
No state prevents gays from getting married. I live in TN. Gays get married here all the time. They're not doing it at the courthouse, of course. But they get married plenty.

Defcon4 Having sex is not a right. If it were, then rape as such would not be crime.
I don't know if you are really unable to see the point in that or you are just being obnoxious. You have unalienable right to preserve your life. You have no unalienable right to sex. What is it you cannot understand? If you are unable for slightly abstract thinking what the heck are you getting involved in a conversation for?
You mean that you can be arrested or fined for sex.....you mean you have to get a government license for sex.

Who knew?

I always thought that it was up to the individuals involves.....you know, a right, as long as the individuals involved consented.

Care to make a bet? How about one month off the boards to the loser.

Got a better idea....How about leaving the board forever? Want to play?
I don't want you gone forever. 30 days......yes or no?
. But understand where I come from here. America is in its' death throes as a nation. It has fallen morally and it has fallen spiritually. We are doomed - just as my Bible predicts. BAD things are coming our way and we have done it to ourselves. We "reap what we sow". So no matter how this works out - it will make no difference whatsoever. The dye has been cast. the future is set and there isn't a damned thing you and I can do about it.

So why oppose gay marriage if you are so certain that you are doomed?

FYI- people have been predicting the end of Civilization based upon the Bible for about 2,000 years- give or take a few hundred.

I oppose "gay marriage" because it goes against my religion. I understand that that is something so foreign to you that it makes you incapable of understanding it. I am not predicting ANYTHING. I am not a prophet. However, if you have a couple of hours, avail yourself of the Book of Revelations. What was predicted 2,000 years ago is coming to fruition. Don't blame the messenger if you don't like the outcome.

America was once the light of the world - now? We are the joke of the world. And something evil this way comes. And you can take that to the bank.

Yeah- people like you have been predicting that for 100 years.

Sorry you hate America now.

We are a light in the world- despite you.

Based on what? Gays want to be married to each other in order to destroy someone else's family? How, exactly, does that work?

No state prevents gays from getting married. I live in TN. Gays get married here all the time. They're not doing it at the courthouse, of course. But they get married plenty.

Naah- just another example of you lying.

Another of your lies exposed

And now the rude insults come out. Concession.

And your comment "They're not doing it at the courthouse, of course" when the entire conversation is about legal marriage shows you either are extremely stupid or else think those around you are extremely stupid and can't see what you just did.

. But understand where I come from here. America is in its' death throes as a nation. It has fallen morally and it has fallen spiritually. We are doomed - just as my Bible predicts. BAD things are coming our way and we have done it to ourselves. We "reap what we sow". So no matter how this works out - it will make no difference whatsoever. The dye has been cast. the future is set and there isn't a damned thing you and I can do about it.

FYI- people have been predicting the end of Civilization based upon the Bible for about 2,000 years- give or take a few hundred.

I oppose "gay marriage" because it goes against my religion. I understand that that is something so foreign to you that it makes you incapable of understanding it. I am not predicting ANYTHING. I am not a prophet. However, if you have a couple of hours, avail yourself of the Book of Revelations. What was predicted 2,000 years ago is coming to fruition. Don't blame the messenger if you don't like the outcome.

America was once the light of the world - now? We are the joke of the world. And something evil this way comes. And you can take that to the bank.
Our civil laws are not based, nor are they to be based, on your religion and your interpretation of your religion.

Yeah, you're are right.....

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

Yeah, no religion there, is there?

Defcon4 Having sex is not a right. If it were, then rape as such would not be crime.
I don't know if you are really unable to see the point in that or you are just being obnoxious. You have unalienable right to preserve your life. You have no unalienable right to sex. What is it you cannot understand? If you are unable for slightly abstract thinking what the heck are you getting involved in a conversation for?
All rights have limits. Do we really have to explain this to an adult?

Our civil laws are not based, nor are they to be based, on your religion and your interpretation of your religion.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

My Creator isn't the same as yours. My Creator has no issues with legal nor religious gay marriage. So.....let me ask you....why does YOUR religion and your interpretation of your religion trump mine in the court of law?

And now the rude insults come out. Concession.

And your comment "They're not doing it at the courthouse, of course" when the entire conversation is about legal marriage shows you either are extremely stupid or else think those around you are extremely stupid and can't see what you just did.
The statement was "same sex marriage is illegal.' No, that is wrong. There is nothing illegal. States like TN will not issue a marriage license to those unions that do not meet state requirements. But no one is getting arrested because they had a wedding ceremony.
You fail. Again.

My Creator isn't the same as yours. My Creator has no issues with legal nor religious gay marriage. So.....let me ask you....why does YOUR religion and your interpretation of your religion trump mine in the court of law?
Your "Creator" is a figment of your imagination.

As is yours. This is fun. Let's play the "My religion is the only religion that counts" game some more.

"Hate America"? Nope. I shed blood for this country as did my Father, My GrandFather and my Great Grandfather was actually a slave. My Brother (RIP) and I served in Vietnam and I served for the next 22 years in the DIA. Sound like a family that "hates" America?

This country gave me the finest life anyone could have ever imagined. In spite of my race, This country has been GOOD to me. I have a University education as does my Wife, my Son and my Daughter - and so will their Children. Everything I have in life - I owe to this country. Can YOU say the same?

As I have said numerous times on this very forum - this is NOT the country I grew up in. We have lost our way and are stumbling in the dark. Just as predicted.

There is a storm coming. Don't believe the rantings of an old man - look around you. If you are over the age of 40 - and you can't see the differences between then and now - you are blind.

Yep. Everyday I walk outside my door at sunup - look over the mountains at the most beautiful sunrise - and I tell myself "The Creator" is a figment of my imagination.

I have nothing but pity for those folks who know no belief.

"Hate America"? Nope. I shed blood for this country as did my Father, My GrandFather and my Great Grandfather was actually a slave. My Brother (RIP) and I served in Vietnam and I served for the next 22 years in the DIA. Sound like a family that "hates" America?

This country gave me the finest life anyone could have ever imagined. In spite of my race, This country has been GOOD to me. I have a University education as does my Wife, my Son and my Daughter - and so will their Children. Everything I have in life - I owe to this country. Can YOU say the same?

As I have said numerous times on this very forum - this is NOT the country I grew up in. We have lost our way and are stumbling in the dark. Just as predicted.

There is a storm coming. Don't believe the rantings of an old man - look around you. If you are over the age of 40 - and you can't see the differences between then and now - you are blind.
Thank you for your service (as I think you have thanked me for mine in the past)

Beyond that, your last statement is your opinion....nothing more.

Yep. Everyday I walk outside my door at sunup - look over the mountains at the most beautiful sunrise - and I tell myself "The Creator" is a figment of my imagination.

I have nothing but pity for you.
No, I meant HER creator is a figment of her imagination.
Your Creator told you homosexuality is wrong. Your Creator told you a bunch of things and you believe them regardless of whether you think they are right. That is why you are religious and she is a narcissist.

Your Creator told you homosexuality is wrong. Your Creator told you a bunch of things and you believe them regardless of whether you think they are right. That is why you are religious and she is a narcissist.

Understood. Blame it on an old man.......:eusa_dance:

Understood. Blame it on an old man.......:eusa_dance:
Sorry for tthe confusion.
It bugs me when someone says "god doesnt want me to..." or "god doesnt mind if..." What they mean is "I want to" and "I dont mind if I". But instead of being honest and admitting that what they are doing bucks at least 2000 years of religious teaching they simply make their own wishes and desires into god to justify their choices.

Forum List

Back