SCOTUS divided over SSM

. But understand where I come from here. America is in its' death throes as a nation. It has fallen morally and it has fallen spiritually. We are doomed - just as my Bible predicts. BAD things are coming our way and we have done it to ourselves. We "reap what we sow". So no matter how this works out - it will make no difference whatsoever. The dye has been cast. the future is set and there isn't a damned thing you and I can do about it.

So why oppose gay marriage if you are so certain that you are doomed?

FYI- people have been predicting the end of Civilization based upon the Bible for about 2,000 years- give or take a few hundred.

I oppose "gay marriage" because it goes against my religion. I understand that that is something so foreign to you that it makes you incapable of understanding it. I am not predicting ANYTHING. I am not a prophet. However, if you have a couple of hours, avail yourself of the Book of Revelations. What was predicted 2,000 years ago is coming to fruition. Don't blame the messenger if you don't like the outcome.

America was once the light of the world - now? We are the joke of the world. And something evil this way comes. And you can take that to the bank.

Yeah- people like you have been predicting that for 100 years.

Sorry you hate America now.

We are a light in the world- despite you.

"Hate America"? Nope. I shed blood for this country as did my Father, My GrandFather and my Great Grandfather was actually a slave. My Brother (RIP) and I served in Vietnam and I served for the next 22 years in the DIA. Sound like a family that "hates" America?

This country gave me the finest life anyone could have ever imagined. In spite of my race, This country has been GOOD to me. I have a University education as does my Wife, my Son and my Daughter - and so will their Children. Everything I have in life - I owe to this country. Can YOU say the same?

As I have said numerous times on this very forum - this is NOT the country I grew up in. We have lost our way and are stumbling in the dark. Just as predicted.

There is a storm coming. Don't believe the rantings of an old man - look around you. If you are over the age of 40 - and you can't see the differences between then and now - you are blind.
Thank you for your service (as I think you have thanked me for mine in the past)

Beyond that, your last statement is your opinion....nothing more.

Exactly. MY opinion.I'm not here to "convert" anyone. YOU choose YOUR path. I have already chosen mine. If I'm wrong - no harm. We all go on about our merry way. However, if YOU are wrong.........

FYI- people have been predicting the end of Civilization based upon the Bible for about 2,000 years- give or take a few hundred.

I oppose "gay marriage" because it goes against my religion. I understand that that is something so foreign to you that it makes you incapable of understanding it. I am not predicting ANYTHING. I am not a prophet. However, if you have a couple of hours, avail yourself of the Book of Revelations. What was predicted 2,000 years ago is coming to fruition. Don't blame the messenger if you don't like the outcome.

America was once the light of the world - now? We are the joke of the world. And something evil this way comes. And you can take that to the bank.
Our civil laws are not based, nor are they to be based, on your religion and your interpretation of your religion.

Yeah, you're are right.....

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

Yeah, no religion there, is there?
My Creator isn't the same as yours. My Creator has no issues with legal nor religious gay marriage. So.....let me ask you....why does YOUR religion and your interpretation of your religion trump mine in the court of law?
Your "Creator" is a figment of your imagination.

I have "faith" that it is not

Whole states have attempted to prevent just that.
Wrong. PLease show me the gay couples currently in custody for getting married.
You arent very good at this, are you?

That wasn't your claim- you aren't very good at this are you?

No one is preventing gays from marrying each other Another fallacy popped.

I just showed you that people are preventing gays from marrying each other.

Another of your lies exposed.
You havent shown anything, dumbshit. You asserted a fact that is simply untrue.
No state prevents gays from getting married. I live in TN. Gays get married here all the time. They're not doing it at the courthouse, of course. But they get married plenty.
And now the rude insults come out. Concession.

And your comment "They're not doing it at the courthouse, of course" when the entire conversation is about legal marriage shows you either are extremely stupid or else think those around you are extremely stupid and can't see what you just did.
The statement was "same sex marriage is illegal.' No, that is wrong. There is nothing illegal. States like TN will not issue a marriage license to those unions that do not meet state requirements. But no one is getting arrested because they had a wedding ceremony.
You fail. Again.

There was no such statement- once again you are just doubling down on your lies

Post A..again. Very lousy spin. You do not keep your homosexual activity in your bedroom any longer. You are out to destroy the foundation of a healthy society, namely the family

Response to A: Based on what? Gays want to be married to each other in order to destroy someone else's family? How, exactly, does that work?

Your Response to Response to A: No one is preventing gays from marrying each other Another fallacy popped.

And as I pointed out- many people are preventing gays from marrying.

You might have been merely incorrect originally- but now, like every other time your fallacies have been pointed out, you just lie.

I don't want you gone forever. 30 days......yes or no?
. But understand where I come from here. America is in its' death throes as a nation. It has fallen morally and it has fallen spiritually. We are doomed - just as my Bible predicts. BAD things are coming our way and we have done it to ourselves. We "reap what we sow". So no matter how this works out - it will make no difference whatsoever. The dye has been cast. the future is set and there isn't a damned thing you and I can do about it.

"Hate America"? Nope. I shed blood for this country as did my Father, My GrandFather and my Great Grandfather was actually a slave. My Brother (RIP) and I served in Vietnam and I served for the next 22 years in the DIA. Sound like a family that "hates" America?

Sounds like a family that once loved America.

But you have lost your way.

1918. That's my benchmark. This have never been as bleak, doom never more apparent in the modern era than 1918. The Great War, the greatest war that the world had ever seen was raging. Many considered this the War to end all Wars, with thousands preaching of the end times. It resulted in 16 million dead, more than any other war in the history of the world (in 1918, anyway).

Mustard gas and Chlorine gas killed thousands and injured tens of thousands. It was the first total war the world had ever seen, with most nations abandoning the rules of war and committing flagrant war crimes.

At the same time, 50 million were killed by the Spanish Flu, almost all of them in the prime of their lives. With 1 in 4 coming down with the illness in the US, and 675,000 dying from it.

We shit our collective pants over AN Ebola death in the US. And Ebola's not even airborne. The Spanish Flu was. At the same time an outbreak of an extreme form encephalitis lethargica began that swept the world that would eventually kill thousands more in the US. Its a disease that if contracted had a 85% chance to either kill you or leave you an invalid.

And we survived it all. And things are no where near that bad today.

Our civil laws are not based, nor are they to be based, on your religion and your interpretation of your religion.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

My Creator isn't the same as yours. My Creator has no issues with legal nor religious gay marriage. So.....let me ask you....why does YOUR religion and your interpretation of your religion trump mine in the court of law?

Yep. Everyday I walk outside my door at sunup - look over the mountains at the most beautiful sunrise - and I tell myself "The Creator" is a figment of my imagination.

I have nothing but pity for you.
No, I meant HER creator is a figment of her imagination.
Your Creator told you homosexuality is wrong. Your Creator told you a bunch of things and you believe them regardless of whether you think they are right. That is why you are religious and she is a narcissist.

Oh please clarify this.

Person A says "my Creator tells me X"
Person B says "my Creator tells me Y"

To you that makes A religious- and B a narcissist- based upon what, other than your prejudice?

1918. That's my benchmark. This have never been as bleak, doom never more apparent in the modern era than 1918. The Great War, the greatest war that the world had ever seen was raging. Many considered this the War to end all Wars, with thousands preaching of the end times. It resulted in 16 million dead, more than any other war in the history of the world (in 1918, anyway).

Mustard gas and Chlorine gas killed thousands and injured tens of thousands. It was the first total war the world had ever seen, with most nations abandoning the rules of war and committing flagrant war crimes.

At the same time, 50 million were killed by the Spanish Flu, almost all of them in the prime of their lives. With 1 in 4 coming down with the illness in the US, and 675,000 dying from it.

We shit our collective pants over AN Ebola death in the US. And Ebola's not even airborne. The Spanish Flu was. At the same time an outbreak of an extreme form encephalitis lethargica began that swept the world that would eventually kill thousands more in the US. Its a disease that if contracted had a 85% chance to either kill you or leave you an invalid.

I think for a Christian it would be the 30 years war- what 'rules of war'?

Christians who called themselves Catholic slaughtered other Christians(who called themselves Protestant) wholesale.

For 30 years war marched all over Europe, with innocents being forced by their rulers to adopt one flavor of Christianity or another, and then getting slaughtered for it.

Sounds like a family that once loved America.

But you have lost your way.

Thank you - your opinion means SO much to me......:dance:

Right.....we're in great shape, aren't we? Just sit back, then, and watch. I can't help but wonder, how quick those, like you, will bow down and convert when the time comes.....when the sword is at your neck? or will you maintain your "pride"? We'll see.......Well, I won't, shoot, I'm 71 - I'll probably be long gone. But it's been MY experience over the years, that people with little or no conviction fold and beg - at the time that they SHOULD be strong. Glad I won't be here to witness it.

Right.....we're in great shape, aren't we? Just sit back, then, and watch. I can't help but wonder, how quick those, like you, will bow down and convert when the time comes.....when the sword is at your neck? or will you maintain your "pride"? We'll see.......Well, I won't, shoot, I'm 71 - I'll probably be long gone. But it's been MY experience over the years, that people with little or no conviction fold and beg - at the time that they SHOULD be strong. Glad I won't be here to witness it.

Bow down and convert to what?

There is not a country on Earth that is capable of successfully invading the United States now or in the next 30 years.

Right.....we're in great shape, aren't we?

No world war. No millions dead from it. No pair of deadly epidemics sweeping our country. No hundreds of thousands killed by a super flu.

Compared to 1918, this is a mother's kiss. If we can survive 1918, we can survive this.

This country gave me the finest life anyone could have ever imagined. In spite of my race, This country has been GOOD to me. I have a University education as does my Wife, my Son and my Daughter - and so will their Children. Everything I have in life - I owe to this country. Can YOU say the same?

As I have said numerous times on this very forum - this is NOT the country I grew up in. We have lost our way and are stumbling in the dark. Just as predicted.

There is a storm coming. Don't believe the rantings of an old man - look around you. If you are over the age of 40 - and you can't see the differences between then and now - you are blind.
Thank you for your service (as I think you have thanked me for mine in the past)

Beyond that, your last statement is your opinion....nothing more.

Exactly. MY opinion.I'm not here to "convert" anyone. YOU choose YOUR path. I have already chosen mine. If I'm wrong - no harm. We all go on about our merry way. However, if YOU are wrong.........
And you cannot codify civil law based on your opinion.

Based on what? Gays want to be married to each other in order to destroy someone else's family? How, exactly, does that work?

Whole states have attempted to prevent just that.
Wrong. PLease show me the gay couples currently in custody for getting married.
You arent very good at this, are you?

That wasn't your claim- you aren't very good at this are you?

I just showed you that people are preventing gays from marrying each other.

Another of your lies exposed.
You havent shown anything, dumbshit. You asserted a fact that is simply untrue.
No state prevents gays from getting married. I live in TN. Gays get married here all the time. They're not doing it at the courthouse, of course. But they get married plenty.

You can't possibly not know these conversations are about civil marriage.

Yep. Everyday I walk outside my door at sunup - look over the mountains at the most beautiful sunrise - and I tell myself "The Creator" is a figment of my imagination.

Your Creator told you homosexuality is wrong. Your Creator told you a bunch of things and you believe them regardless of whether you think they are right. That is why you are religious and she is a narcissist.
Incorrect. My Creator is very real. As real as any of yours. In fact my Creator is better than yours. She doesn't require that all others be ignored. She doesn't require her Followers to reject other religions' existence. My Creator isn't a violent, petulant sadist like a certain other Creator is.

Understood. Blame it on an old man.......:eusa_dance:
Sorry for tthe confusion.
It bugs me when someone says "god doesnt want me to..." or "god doesnt mind if..." What they mean is "I want to" and "I dont mind if I". But instead of being honest and admitting that what they are doing bucks at least 2000 years of religious teaching they simply make their own wishes and desires into god to justify their choices.
My Creator is older than your 2000 years of religious teaching.

Care to make a bet? How about one month off the boards to the loser.

Got a better idea....How about leaving the board forever? Want to play?
I don't want you gone forever. 30 days......yes or no?

Revelations is a story made up by some guy.

Forum List

Back