SCOTUS divided over SSM

Sweetheart, why are you so militant? I do not pose any harm to you and that's why I do not understand.

Sure you do. You want to deny me my rights as a tax paying citizen of this country.
Honey, you are totally unreasonable. Read what I posted.

I did. You think gay men are icky. That's homophobia. You don't want gays to marry. That's also homophobia, but we can make it easy on you and just say bigot. Do you prefer that?

People didn't want blacks to marry whites. They were disgusted by the prospect. Kind of like you with gays. Were they bigots in your view or just in "disagreement" with people that wanted to do away with anti miscegenation laws?
Bigot is the favoured terminology to label people for discrediting them. Attack the messenger, forget the message.

Your message is pure homophobia and bigotry. I noticed you didn't answer my question. Did the same water come out of separate water fountains?
Nice analogy, I do not know. I was not the plumber to install it

Sure you do. You want to deny me my rights as a tax paying citizen of this country.
Honey, you are totally unreasonable. Read what I posted.

I did. You think gay men are icky. That's homophobia. You don't want gays to marry. That's also homophobia, but we can make it easy on you and just say bigot. Do you prefer that?

People didn't want blacks to marry whites. They were disgusted by the prospect. Kind of like you with gays. Were they bigots in your view or just in "disagreement" with people that wanted to do away with anti miscegenation laws?
Bigot is the favoured terminology to label people for discrediting them. Attack the messenger, forget the message.

Your message is pure homophobia and bigotry. I noticed you didn't answer my question. Did the same water come out of separate water fountains?
Nice analogy, I do not know. I was not the plumber to install it

Pathetic dodge. It was the same water and that's what you want to do with a civil marriage license. You want there to be a separate water fountain for gays...that doesn't have the same water. Civil unions are not treated equally with civil marriage.

So were separate water fountains bigoted or not? Are people that don't want blacks to marry whites bigoted or not?

Do you hear yourself? "Settle" for DPs. No, gays aren't going to "settle" for being relegated to 2nd class citizenship. If you don't like gays using marriage, you should have changed it for everyone.
With the same treatment as real married couples I do not see why it would be second class citizenship.

Really? You don't see it? Did the same water come out of separate water fountains for blacks

And we are real married couples.
You are committed couples but not married couples. Marriage is between a man and a woman. I do not have issue with your commitment and you should have the same civil licence issued as a marriage licence but as a life partnership or civil union, not marriage.

What is amazing is that you don't see your view as bigoted. Did the same water come out of separate water fountains, yes or no?

We are married. I have a marriage license issued by the state of California. It is legal and valid in a majority of the states. It will soon be valid in all 50. Marriage is no longer ONLY between white men and white women or black men and black women. It's now black men and white women, white women and black women, black men and black men, etc. Get used to it.
Sweetheart, My best friend is married in an other state where it is legal also. I have no issue with her doing that since there was no law to make her the legal heir what they put together in decades together. I have no reason to lie to you honey. We are all hiding behind aliases.

You do have an issue, you just said so. You don't want her to have a civil marriage license but a civil union, right?

With the same treatment as real married couples I do not see why it would be second class citizenship.

Really? You don't see it? Did the same water come out of separate water fountains for blacks

You are committed couples but not married couples. Marriage is between a man and a woman. I do not have issue with your commitment and you should have the same civil licence issued as a marriage licence but as a life partnership or civil union, not marriage.

What is amazing is that you don't see your view as bigoted. Did the same water come out of separate water fountains, yes or no?

We are married. I have a marriage license issued by the state of California. It is legal and valid in a majority of the states. It will soon be valid in all 50. Marriage is no longer ONLY between white men and white women or black men and black women. It's now black men and white women, white women and black women, black men and black men, etc. Get used to it.
Sweetheart, My best friend is married in an other state where it is legal also. I have no issue with her doing that since there was no law to make her the legal heir what they put together in decades together. I have no reason to lie to you honey. We are all hiding behind aliases.

You do have an issue, you just said so. You don't want her to have a civil marriage license but a civil union, right?
She is my best friend. She is not militant she just wanted the same so called "rights" as married people. I agree. You know what? When a ruling came out to issue marriage licenses to gay persons, I immedately called her to get it before an injunction would stop it. Again, I have no reason to lie.

She is my best friend. She is not militant she just wanted the same so called "rights" as married people. I agree. You know what? When a ruling came out to issue marriage licenses to gay persons, I immedately called her to get it before an injunction would stop it. Again, I have no reason to lie.

You're a peach...a peach that doesn't want gays to get civilly married.

Why won't you answer the question? Is it bigotry if you don't want blacks to marry whites?

you know what/? You are very civil in your conversation. I like you for that.

Why won't you answer the question? Is it bigotry if you don't want blacks to marry whites?
It is a very unfortunate situation for the children. since the nation is so divided, children have no sense of identity. Blacks are despising them for being too white, whites are despising them for being mulattoes.

It is a very unfortunate situation for the children. since the nation is so divided, children have no sense of identity. Blacks are despising them for being too white, whites are despising them for being mulattoes.

That did not answer the question. Is it bigotry, yes or no?

Are you really a witch? I would love to meet you then. I know it is a fantasy land issue but I have never met a witch before I know of. Maybe I did, I just did not know>>they were not riding brooms with a black cat.

Are you really a witch? I would love to meet you then. I know it is a fantasy land issue but I have never met a witch before I know of. Maybe I did, I just did not know>>they were not riding brooms with a black cat.

Keep ducking and dodging the question.

Yes or no what honey? Interracial marriage? I am not fond of it for the reason I told you but it is up to the persons who do it

Homophobia would be an irrational fear or hatred of homosexuals, if it really existed. The current usage of terms like "homophobic" and "homophobe" imply that all opposition to homosexuality is crazy. Actually there are many sociological, psychological and medical reasons that many logically-thinking people oppose homosexuality. People who abuse terms like "homophobia" are implying (whether they know it or not), that it's impossible to "love the sinner and hate the sin". No one talks about opposition to alcoholism in terms of hatred, because groups like Alcoholics Anonymous have popularized the view that drinking alcohol is addictive. The term homophobia, when it is applied to every criticism of homosexuality, implies that all such criticism is irrational (see phobia).

That's the most retarded thing I've ever heard.

First, alcohol is bad for you. Period. I personally don't have much use for groups like AA, which really are more like a cult than a self-help group. But most people agree that drinking is bad for you and beign drunk all the time indicates a problem.

You have yet to demonstrate why homosexuality is bad for people other than you think it's icky. Because they are having oral and anal sex? So do straight people.

'Avoiding the answer, don't you? I simply wanted to know why do you label straight people homophobes? I do not fear you, I do not hate you, I disagree with you.

Are you kidding? your posts DRIP with fear. and it has been scientifically proven that most homophobes are in fact latent homosexuals.

For the record, I'm straight. I just despise Christian Assholes and want to see them humiliated.

Keep ducking and dodging the question.
Sweetheart are you having interracial kids? God help you. Poor babies total loss of identity. Look at the president. his mother white, raised by white grandparents then found his identity with black communities because he wasn't white enough, I guess.

Honey, why are you fighting to destroy heritage? Settle for domestic partnership with the same treatment by authorities as married man and woman, what you are not. You are woman and woman

Uh, guy, heritage isn't an excuse. It was once considered "heritage' that white man couldn't marry a black woman.

It was once considered heritage that women in a marriage couldn't own property in their own names.

It was once considered heritage that a man could beat his wife with impunity.

Homophobia would be an irrational fear or hatred of homosexuals, if it really existed. The current usage of terms like "homophobic" and "homophobe" imply that all opposition to homosexuality is crazy. Actually there are many sociological, psychological and medical reasons that many logically-thinking people oppose homosexuality. People who abuse terms like "homophobia" are implying (whether they know it or not), that it's impossible to "love the sinner and hate the sin". No one talks about opposition to alcoholism in terms of hatred, because groups like Alcoholics Anonymous have popularized the view that drinking alcohol is addictive. The term homophobia, when it is applied to every criticism of homosexuality, implies that all such criticism is irrational (see phobia).

That's the most retarded thing I've ever heard.

First, alcohol is bad for you. Period. I personally don't have much use for groups like AA, which really are more like a cult than a self-help group. But most people agree that drinking is bad for you and beign drunk all the time indicates a problem.

You have yet to demonstrate why homosexuality is bad for people other than you think it's icky. Because they are having oral and anal sex? So do straight people.
Joe, get the fuck out of my conversation with a civil person. Don't you have some feces to flavor??? get lost you fucking faggot!

Sweetheart are you having interracial kids? God help you. Poor babies total loss of identity. Look at the president. his mother white, raised by white grandparents then found his identity with black communities because he wasn't white enough, I guess.

Um, yeah. That guy had such a miserable upbringing that he became a lawyer, a professor a Senator and then the President.

Yes or no what honey? Interracial marriage? I am not fond of it for the reason I told you but it is up to the persons who do it

So your answer is that it's not bigotry? Color me shocked that a homophobe would also be racist.

Honey, why are you fighting to destroy heritage? Settle for domestic partnership with the same treatment by authorities as married man and woman, what you are not. You are woman and woman

Uh, guy, heritage isn't an excuse. It was once considered "heritage' that white man couldn't marry a black woman.

It was once considered heritage that women in a marriage couldn't own property in their own names.

It was once considered heritage that a man could beat his wife with impunity.

Yeah, the notorious RBG already eviscerated that argument.

[Same-sex couples] wouldn’t be asking for this relief if the law of marriage was what it was a millennium ago. I mean, it wasn’t possible. Same-sex unions would not have opted into the pattern of marriage, which was a relationship, a dominant and a subordinate relationship. Yes, it was marriage between a man and a woman, but the man decided where the couple would be domiciled; it was her obligation to follow him.

There was a change in the institution of marriage to make it egalitarian when it wasn’t egalitarian. And same-sex unions wouldn’t — wouldn’t fit into what marriage was once.​

Forum List

Back