SCOTUS: "God save the United States and this Honorable Court!"

mal

Diamond Member
Mar 16, 2009
How can the Supreme Court do this:

"When the Court is in session, the 10 a.m. entrance of the Justices into the Courtroom is announced by the Marshal. Those present, at the sound of the gavel, arise and remain standing until the robed Justices are seated following the traditional chant: "The Honorable, the Chief Justice and the Associate Justices of the Supreme Court of the United States. Oyez! Oyez! Oyez! All persons having business before the Honorable, the Supreme Court of the United States, are admonished to draw near and give their attention, for the Court is now sitting. God save the United States and this Honorable Court!"

The Court and Its Procedures - Supreme Court of the United States

And then Debate this?:

Colorful questions, but few easy answers, as court wrestles with prayer - U.S. News

The 10 Commandments are Repeatedly displayed around the Court.

But why stop at the Court... What about the other Branches of Gubmn't?...

gty_obama_lincoln_bible_dm_130110_wblog.jpg

^What Book is that that Barry has his hand on as he takes the Oath of Office?... Does it say Jesus in it anywhere?...

How many Federal Oaths have this in them: "So help me God."?

Let's move over to the Republican Branch. ;)

The Office of the Chaplain, United States House of Representatives

"Opening Prayer
10/30/2013
Reverend Patrick J. Conroy, S.J.
Eternal God, we give You thanks for giving us another day.

Once again, we come to ask wisdom, patience, peace, and understanding for the Members of this people's House.

On this day, we ask Your blessing on the men and women, citizens all, whose votes have populated this people's House. Each Member of this House has been given the sacred duty of representing them.

Today, we mourn the loss of former Congressman Ike Skelton, a true public servant and staunch supporter of our military. May he and his family find solace and peace at this time. Bring each of us, at last, to that place where our hearts will rest in You.

Bless us this day and every day, and may all that is done within the people's House this day be for Your greater honor and glory.

Amen."

Or maybe the Senate?...

U.S. Senate: Reference Home > Senate Organization > Chaplain's Office

^According to that, there is "no Separation of God and State'... That's the US Senate. :thup:

Did you know that the Chaplain of the Senate makes over $150,000 a year and has a Staff?...

True Story.

I would Hope that the Despotic Branch is taking the Facts and the History into Account as they Decide.

:)

peace...

No way should prayer be forced on anyone - especially in a meating for the goverment.

Why is that such a dificult concept to understand?

Once again, we come to ask wisdom, patience, peace, and understanding for the Members of this people's House.

Could you please die in a fire? Like a fire infested with AIDS so you get Fire-AIDS? I'm asking you to contract Fire-AIDS and die. If you can.

These two things should never go together in a post.

The fact that they do, is a disgrace. Maybe you should have thought about your sig before you decided to quote scripture.

No way should prayer be forced on anyone - especially in a meating for the goverment.

Why is that such a dificult concept to understand?

What's a "meating"?... :dunno:

peace...

Could you please die in a fire? Like a fire infested with AIDS so you get Fire-AIDS? I'm asking you to contract Fire-AIDS and die. If you can.

The fact that they do, is a disgrace. Maybe you should have thought about your sig before you decided to quote scripture.

If you can?... :dunno:

peace...

Where did I Quote Scripture?... :dunno:

peace...

Where did I Quote Scripture?... :dunno:

peace...

Correct, you did not. I apologize.

Now, that being said, do you really think that posting a pryer to the almighty along with your sig was a very good way to take the side of "God" in this thread?

I stand firmy behind this statement.

Last edited:
Now, that being said, do you really think that posting a pryer to the almighty along with your sig was a very good way to take the side of "God" in this thread?

A pryer?...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jR6MVQXegQ8]I don't know what the fuck you just said little kid... But your special. - YouTube[/ame]

peace...

I still don't understand what your hang-up is about my Sigline, which is REALLY fucking funny, and my posting Quotes from the Court or Oaths?...

It seems to me that you might have lost someone in a Fire that was Infested with AIDS...

Did you want to talk about it?... :dunno:

peace...

I still don't understand what your hang-up is about my Sigline, which is REALLY fucking funny, and my posting Quotes from the Court or Oaths?...

It seems to me that you might have lost someone in a Fire that was Infested with AIDS...

peace...

I don't reply to posters who make asinine personal comments, thanks anyway.

Good luck with the spelling lessons!

:lol:

peace...

I've made no asinine person comments towards you...

I can. :thup:

peace...

peace...

peace...

Is that a threat? Seriously, your thread sucks.

Bye again.

peace...

Bye again.

"Is that a threat?"... :rofl:

I even misspalt a wurd fer ya... Sure did.

If you are going to engage in this level of Mad Faggotry on our Loard and Shavior, algore Junior's Interwebs, you are going to have an Unpleasant Experience.

Lighten up, Francis. :thup:

peace...

peace...

Bye again.

If you are going to engage in this level of Mad Faggotry on our Loard and Shavior, algore Junior's Interwebs, you are going to have an Unpleasant Experience.

peace...

Go fuck yoorself waterboy!

He he! The Cabbie made a funny!

An unpleasent experiance? You going to make foon of my spilling agin?

Dude, you completely derailed your own thread! You could have done something with it, instead you wanted to take on the Cabbie and his horrid spelling!

Too funny.

All you got are a couple of gramatical errors, FUCKING LAME!

I don't even care - typing on my cell is not easy with my big fingers - the upside is that all of my parts are pretty big ... know what I mean?

No, you don't!

Anyway, sorry I ever stopped by to this train wreak.

Bye again.

peace...

Go fuck yoorself waterboy!

He he! The Cabbie made a funny!

An unpleasent experiance? You going to make foon of my spilling agin?

Dude, you completely derailed your own thread! You could have done something with it, instead you wanted to take on the Cabbie and his horrid spelling!

Too funny.

All you got are a couple of gramatical errors, FUCKING LAME!

I don't even care - typing on my cell is not easy with my big fingers - the upside is that all of my parts are pretty big ... know what I mean?

No, you don't!

Anyway, sorry I ever stopped by to this train wreak.

I didn't read any of that... :thup:

peace...

Not posting in this thread any longer - apologies to the mods and administrators for my off topic comments.

Time to move on.

Forum List

Back