SCOTUS: "God save the United States and this Honorable Court!"

Is that a threat? Seriously, your thread sucks.

Bye again.

"Is that a threat?"... :rofl:

I even misspalt a wurd fer ya... Sure did.

If you are going to engage in this level of Mad Faggotry on our Loard and Shavior, algore Junior's Interwebs, you are going to have an Unpleasant Experience.

Lighten up, Francis. :thup:

:)

peace...

Go fuck yoorself waterboy!

He he! The Cabbie made a funny!

An unpleasent experiance? You going to make foon of my spilling agin?

Dude, you completely derailed your own thread! You could have done something with it, instead you wanted to take on the Cabbie and his horrid spelling!

Too funny.

All you got are a couple of gramatical errors, FUCKING LAME!

I don't even care - typing on my cell is not easy with my big fingers - the upside is that all of my parts are pretty big ... know what I mean?

No, you don't!

Anyway, sorry I ever stopped by to this train wreak.

Ahaahaaaahaaa HE MAD!!!!!!! GJ MAL :lol:

• Thanks
Reactions: mal
The Court has ruled that many of those so-called prayers at some events are just tradition and somewhat meaningless.
Interesting note? When the Constitution convention met in 1787 to alter the Articles it was suggested they start every meeting with an invocation or prayer of some kind, the framers voted No.

The Court has ruled that many of those so-called prayers at some events are just tradition and somewhat meaningless.
Interesting note? When the Constitution convention met in 1787 to alter the Articles it was suggested they start every meeting with an invocation or prayer of some kind, the framers voted No.

Well that settles it... Let's ignore all of the other Facts and start Burning Christians...

Allahu Akbar!

peace...

Opening legislative sessions with a prayer has been with us since the first Congress. So it is pretty obvious when they said there should be no government establishment of religion, they were not talking about the total exclusion of God in the public spaces. They were talking about avoiding the establishing of one brand of religion as the only government approved religion.

What this particular court case is about is sectarian prayer. "Glory to God and Jesus Christ, and send the unbelievers to hell. Amen. Now let's vote on Catholic crucifixes in public schools."

Last edited:

Well that settles it... Let's ignore all of the other Facts and start Burning Christians...

Allahu Akbar!

peace...

Who said anything about burning Christians???

Not posting in this thread any longer - apologies to the mods and administrators for my off topic comments.

Time to move on.

you kinda suck at moving on, no offense

"offence" correct spelling required in this thread.

In this case, I agree - people keep trash talking me after I left, so now YOU ARE STUCK WITH ME!

Thomas G. Hungar, the lawyer for the town, asserted that Greece's prayers were in line with those in the country's historical tradition, something the court had cited in Marsh vs. Chambers, a 1983 decision approving prayers recited before the state Legislature in Nebraska.

Although Laycock argued that Greece's prayers coerced people who had business before the town to participate, Hungar said the audience was free to ignore them. Hungar's position was backed by a lawyer for the Obama administration.

"What troubles me about this case," Kagan said, "is that here a citizen is going to a local community board … and is immediately being asked, being forced to identify whether she believes in the things that most of the people in the room believe in, and it strikes me that this might be inconsistent with this understanding that when we relate to our government, we all do so as Americans, and not as Jews and not as Christians and not as nonbelievers."

Justice Antonin Scalia looked at the issue from a different perspective.

"There is a serious religious interest on the other side of this thing that people who have religious beliefs ought to be able to invoke the deity when they are acting as citizens … and it seems to me that when they do that, so long as all groups are allowed to be in, it seems to me an imposition upon them to stifle the manner in which they invoke their deity."

Justice Anthony M. Kennedy, who as a swing vote on the court will most likely have to be one of the architects of any new approach, seemed uncomfortable with the positions of both sides.

Public prayer case appears to perplex Supreme Court - latimes.com

Last edited:
How can the Supreme Court do this:

"When the Court is in session, the 10 a.m. entrance of the Justices into the Courtroom is announced by the Marshal. Those present, at the sound of the gavel, arise and remain standing until the robed Justices are seated following the traditional chant: "The Honorable, the Chief Justice and the Associate Justices of the Supreme Court of the United States. Oyez! Oyez! Oyez! All persons having business before the Honorable, the Supreme Court of the United States, are admonished to draw near and give their attention, for the Court is now sitting. God save the United States and this Honorable Court!"

The Court and Its Procedures - Supreme Court of the United States

And then Debate this?:

Colorful questions, but few easy answers, as court wrestles with prayer - U.S. News

The 10 Commandments are Repeatedly displayed around the Court.

But why stop at the Court... What about the other Branches of Gubmn't?...

gty_obama_lincoln_bible_dm_130110_wblog.jpg

^What Book is that that Barry has his hand on as he takes the Oath of Office?... Does it say Jesus in it anywhere?...

How many Federal Oaths have this in them: "So help me God."?

Let's move over to the Republican Branch. ;)

The Office of the Chaplain, United States House of Representatives

"Opening Prayer
10/30/2013
Reverend Patrick J. Conroy, S.J.
Eternal God, we give You thanks for giving us another day.

Once again, we come to ask wisdom, patience, peace, and understanding for the Members of this people's House.

On this day, we ask Your blessing on the men and women, citizens all, whose votes have populated this people's House. Each Member of this House has been given the sacred duty of representing them.

Today, we mourn the loss of former Congressman Ike Skelton, a true public servant and staunch supporter of our military. May he and his family find solace and peace at this time. Bring each of us, at last, to that place where our hearts will rest in You.

Bless us this day and every day, and may all that is done within the people's House this day be for Your greater honor and glory.

Amen."

Or maybe the Senate?...

U.S. Senate: Reference Home > Senate Organization > Chaplain's Office

^According to that, there is "no Separation of God and State'... That's the US Senate. :thup:

Did you know that the Chaplain of the Senate makes over $150,000 a year and has a Staff?...

True Story.

I would Hope that the Despotic Branch is taking the Facts and the History into Account as they Decide.

peace...

Money also says, "In God we Trust"

anatomy-2-s.JPG

Belief in God is steeped everywhere in our Government.

I am not religious but it doesn't really bother me because I do believe in the possibility of God.

I think it really bothers atheists but I am not sure why. :dunno:

Money also says, "In God we Trust"

anatomy-2-s.JPG

Belief in God is steeped everywhere in our Government.

I am not religious but it doesn't really bother me because I do believe in the possibility of God.

I think it really bothers atheists but I am not sure why. :dunno:

There is no big sign in the Government that says "No Gods allowed," but just how far do people get to go with this stuff?

I don't have problems with people using it in speech, but prayer?

Last edited:
Last edited:

Forum List

Back