SCOTUS Reject Dylan Roof Appeal

bravoactual

bravoactual
Dec 5, 2011
Sausalito, CA
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Supreme Court has rejected an appeal from Dylann Roof, who challenged his death sentence and conviction in the 2015 racist slayings of nine members of a Black South Carolina congregation.

Roof had asked the court to decide how to handle disputes over mental illness-related evidence between capital defendants and their attorneys. The justices did not comment Tuesday in turning away the appeal.

Roof fired his attorneys and represented himself during the sentencing phase of his capital trial, part of his effort to block evidence potentially portraying him as mentally ill.

Roof shot participants at a Bible study session at Mother Emanuel AME Church in Charleston, South Carolina.

Dude, why did you leave out the last part of the article?

A panel of appellate judges had previously upheld his conviction and death sentence.

Roof, 28, is on federal death row at a maximum-security prison in Terre Haute, Indiana. He can still pursue other appeals.

Roof had asked the court to decide how to handle disputes over mental illness-related evidence between capital defendants and their attorneys. The justices did not comment Tuesday in turning away the appeal.

Cowards.

Dude, why did you leave out the last part of the article?

Because I very seldom if ever post the whole and entire article. It is not that I was did read the whole and entire article, but posting it takes the fun out of reading. I was in no attempting to detract from the content.

This violence exists because our justice system is too damned soft. You look at a country like China with five times our population and a tenth of our crime rate. Their punishments are brutal and they execute a lot of people. I'm not saying we should go that extreme, but there has to be a fair medium somewhere.

This violence exists because our justice system is too damned soft. You look at a country like China with five times our population and a tenth of our crime rate. Their punishments are brutal and they execute a lot of people. I'm not saying we should go that extreme, but there has to be a fair medium somewhere.

It shouldn't take 20 years to deal out deserved justice

Because I very seldom if ever post the whole and entire article. It is not that I was did read the whole and entire article, but posting it takes the fun out of reading. I was in no attempting to detract from the content.
Technically you are not supposed to paste the whole article. I do what you did. Few paragraphs and stop

Yep. If no enforcement laws cease to exist.

When did you come to that conclusion?
Year or two ago. I even made some nice sketches of prison cells to house inmates in solitary for life. And by the way, U.S. courts have repeatedly ruled that solitary confinement is perfectly constitutional.

Year or two ago. I even made some nice sketches of prison cells to house inmates in solitary for life. And by the way, U.S. courts have repeatedly ruled that solitary confinement is perfectly constitutional.
OK, what made you switch from being pro-death to being pro-life?

Last edited:
Anytime a member of our "well regulated militia" shoots someone, they seem to plead mental illness if they don't kill themselves first.

Which begs the question...how do they amass their arsenal if they are mentally ill?

Forum List

Back