Seahawks will repeat AND probably go undefeated.this is why.

The idea that Seattle is going to go 19-0 is silly, especially after watching the Chargers gash their defense for 200 yards in the first half.

Seattle is good, but the hype is ludicrous. These are the teams with better defenses than the 2013 Seattle Seahawks

Yards per game

Seattle 2013 - 273.6

Pittsburgh 2011 - 271.8
San Diego 2010 - 271.6
New York Jets 2009 - 252.3
Pittsburgh 2008 - 237.2
Baltimore 2008 - 261.1
Pittsburgh 2007 - 266.4
Baltimore 2006 - 264.1
Pittsburgh 2004 - 258.4
Buffalo 2004 - 264.2
Washington 2004 - 267.6

Football Statistics and History - The Football Database

NONE of those teams faced the highest scoring offense in NFL history in their biggest game though.lol okay they wont go undefeated.

I overlooked the fact the hawks dont play well in sweltering hot temps.the temps on the field were over a 100 degrees,the chargers are used to it so homefiled advantage came into play here.

Plus I think the chargers are a better team than many people give them credit for including myself.what were all forgetting is the chargers were the only team last year who were able to walk into denver and upset the donkeys on their own turf which again,is a very difficult task..

they were the only team able to go in there on their own turf and shut down the highest scoring offense in NFL history.they knocked him around a lot in san diego earlier in the season as well and would have won that game as well if not for multiple turnovers which they eliminated the second time the faced them in denver.

Had they not suffered an injury to their running back i think they would be tough to stop this year.not sure how they'll be now.

I figure they'll go 14-2 this season with their other loss being in arizona later in the year having the same road record as last year 6-2.

Last edited:
The idea that Seattle is going to go 19-0 is silly, especially after watching the Chargers gash their defense for 200 yards in the first half.

Seattle is good, but the hype is ludicrous. These are the teams with better defenses than the 2013 Seattle Seahawks

Yards per game

Seattle 2013 - 273.6

Pittsburgh 2011 - 271.8
San Diego 2010 - 271.6
Pittsburgh 2008 - 237.2
Baltimore 2008 - 261.1
Pittsburgh 2007 - 266.4
Baltimore 2006 - 264.1
Pittsburgh 2004 - 258.4
Buffalo 2004 - 264.2
Washington 2004 - 267.6

NONE of those teams faced the highest scoring offense in NFL history in their biggest game though.lol okay they wont go undefeated.

I overlooked the fact the hawks dont play well in sweltering hot temps.the temps on the field were over a 100 degrees,the chargers are used to it so homefiled advantage came into play here.

I figure they'll go 14-2 this season with their other loss being in arizona later in the year having the same road record as last year 6-2.

So, now we have the Seahawks don't play well in the heat. They also don't play well in the cold

Fair weather team?

Yards per game

Seattle 2013 - 273.6

Pittsburgh 2011 - 271.8
San Diego 2010 - 271.6
Pittsburgh 2008 - 237.2
Baltimore 2008 - 261.1
Pittsburgh 2007 - 266.4
Baltimore 2006 - 264.1
Pittsburgh 2004 - 258.4
Buffalo 2004 - 264.2
Washington 2004 - 267.6

So, now we have the Seahawks don't play well in the heat. They also don't play well in the cold

Fair weather team?
where did you come up with that nonsense they dont play well in the cold? history shows they dont play well in the heat.they only beat the panthers in a early september game last year 12-7.

All week in Seattle the talk shows were saying the Hawks would go 19-0, again proving how silly Seahawk fans are.

Now, they may still win the Super Bowl.

Before the game, my cousin a big Seahawk fan called this game. He said they were thinking to much of themselves. He may have been right.
Not everyone who was saying they thought they would go undefeated were seahawk fans.rodney harrison an AFC guy and Tony Dungy also said they thought they would.try and keep up.

You ARE most certainly an idiot. This is CLEARLY a Seahawk thread.

Get your head out of your ass and try reading the title before saying such stupidity.

Good, I'm on topic then and you are over the loss, otherwise you be in the Seattle Denver thread. Thought you were all about the Broncos now. :)

No undefeated season for the Seahawks.

This thread is dead.........no doubt.

So the Seahawks are tied for last in their division

Your lame observation and jealousy is noted. Enjoy the Seahawk loss while you can.
enjoy it while you can indeed..their hot humid games they have to deal with are overwith.Harvin isnt always going to be careless in his kick off returns either.if he takes care of the ball,despite how badly they played,they win this game.

The Seahawks are a very good football team. They are NOT a great football team. The hype was totally ridiculous. They won ONE game against a decent team, a team that is having problems beating the Jets.

However, now that this idiocy is out of the way, it may help them win the Super Bowl again. This loss was humbling and they don't have to deal with the distraction of going 19-0 - as if that was going to happen.
yeah their not a great team alright,thats why they were able to shut down a future hall of fame quarterback and shut down the highest scoring offense in NFL history cause they are merely just a good team.:lmao:

Last edited:
As always, we get Hugs funny excuses as to why the Hawks lost. Such great humor to read from the guy with the excuses.

What excuses? Obviously there are REASONS why any team loses. I have no problem assigning blame in the right places. The other team prepared better and had a better game plan than the Hawks. That's essentially all I said. Those are the facts not excuses.

Nothing happened today but the opportunity to go undefeated evaporated. That's what happens when your team loses ONE game. Big Whoop !

So what?..the Hawks suck when the temps on the field get up to 115 deg. I doubt that will be a problem for the rest of the season.

But we will find out next Sunday won't we. Whether the Hawks won or lost today you will still be an idiot and I will still have the best team in the NFL.

BTW...If Wilson played so "badly" as 9/11 said ...How did he get a QB rating of 119.1?

you need to reread that post.I never said wilson played badly,that was Toto.He was the one going on about how wilson before he came into his own as a quarterback last year,was 9-7 on the road prior to last season..that wasnt me.

wilson kept them in the game.It was the defense that failed to show up yesterday.this was easily the worst defensive effort by the seahawks defense in in the pete carrol/russel wilson era.

Yards per game

Seattle 2013 - 273.6

Pittsburgh 2011 - 271.8
San Diego 2010 - 271.6
Pittsburgh 2008 - 237.2
Baltimore 2008 - 261.1
Pittsburgh 2007 - 266.4
Baltimore 2006 - 264.1
Pittsburgh 2004 - 258.4
Buffalo 2004 - 264.2
Washington 2004 - 267.6

Plus I think the chargers are a better team than many people give them credit for including myself.what were all forgetting is the chargers were the only team last year who were able to walk into denver and upset the donkeys on their own turf which again,is a very difficult task..

they were the only team able to go in there on their own turf and shut down the highest scoring offense in NFL history.they knocked him around a lot in san diego earlier in the season as well and would have won that game as well if not for multiple turnovers which they eliminated the second time the faced them in denver.

Had they not suffered an injury to their running back i think they would be tough to stop this year.not sure how they'll be now.

Matthews is at times a liability. We won't have to deal with his fumbling and sudden injuries scrapping the game plan. Donald Brown is a better inside runner. Matthews rarely got yards after contact like DB does.

Yards per game

Seattle 2013 - 273.6

Pittsburgh 2011 - 271.8
San Diego 2010 - 271.6
Pittsburgh 2008 - 237.2
Baltimore 2008 - 261.1
Pittsburgh 2007 - 266.4
Baltimore 2006 - 264.1
Pittsburgh 2004 - 258.4
Buffalo 2004 - 264.2
Washington 2004 - 267.6

Matthews is at times a liability. We won't have to deal with his fumbling and sudden injuries scrapping the game plan. Donald Brown is a better inside runner. Matthews rarely got yards after contact like DB does.

yeah pretty much.I was kinda thinking the same thing.They might actually become a BETTER offense this season with matthews on the bench.:biggrin:

Weather.com said the humidity was an unbearable 63% there! I'll bet the players were all wiping their brows.

Once or twice!
they are wrong,I watched the game,they showed a temperatue gauge on the field and mentioned it was at a 120% on the field going by what the gauge was showing us.

Last edited:
Weather.com said the humidity was an unbearable 63% there! I'll bet the players were all wiping their brows.

Once or twice!

Actually the Seahawks humidity was 85% and the temperature was a lot hotter and muggier than the Chargers playing field. That was the difference.
They showed the field temp several times on TV today...115 degrees you fuckin nitwit.
:thup: exactly.Temps on the field got even hotter after that of what you saw reaching as high as a blistering 120 degrees.

They showed the field temp several times on TV today...115 degrees you fuckin nitwit.

You act like only one team played in that kind of weather, fuckin dip shit.

Fuck off sore fuckin loser. Your team was flat out, out played and beat. You were 30 points off your fuckin predictions fuck wad, deal with it, idiot!

Keep cryin, I love it bitch!

What a straight up pussy!

Rave on you cum guzzlin fraud.

This will be your only chance in a long time to rub in a Seahawk loss. The last bastion of a poor sport is pick on a team when they have an unfortunate loss.

I'm already over it. You apparently aren't done gloating yet. Have at it. I'm all about the Broncos now.

yeah really.i dont see him talking about how pitiful the donkeys were against the kansas city clowns at HOME no less!!!!! :cuckoo:

Once or twice!
they are wrong,I watched the game,they showed a temperatue gauge on the field and mentioned it was at a 120% on the field going by what the gauge was showing us.

120% Humidity

Now THATS Humid

Once or twice!
Only 118.

It gets hot this time of year in SD. I remember one time it got to 123 degrees.

Once or twice!
Only 118.

It gets hot this time of year in SD. I remember one time it got to 123 degrees.
Looks like the announcers thought the indicater was at a 120 cause thats whats they said and thats what it looked like the marker said.

NOW maybe all this bullshit talk that it wasnt a scorcher down there will FINALLY stop. as people can see below ,homefield advantage did come into play with the chargers used to it where the seahawks are not.

SAN DIEGO -- The usual paradise-like weather conditions of San Diego were more like a day in the Sahara Desert on Sunday, and the Seattle Seahawks' defense wilted away in the sweltering heat.

The defending Super Bowl champs got pushed around and outmuscled most of the day by the San Diego Chargers, who came away with a 30-21 victory at blisteringly hot Qualcomm Stadium.

The air temperature was 95 degrees at kickoff, but down on the field temperatures reached 118 degrees. The Chargers wisely wore all white and the Seahawks had to wear their dark blue jerseys.

It was a lot warmer than we're used to and the defense was out there for some really long drives,” Seattle tight end Zach Miller said. “You can’t help but get tired.”

Seattle free safety Earl Thomas left the game in the third quarter and went to the locker room for IV fluids because of cramps in his legs from the heat, but he returned one series later.

“It was hot and there was a lot of cramping up when [the defense] was out there long time," Thomas said. “I exert a lot of energy out there, and in this heat it was kind of hard for me at times.

the players wont use it as an excuse but like the article says it WAS a factor because they had no way of being prepared for it and the chargers are used to it having to play in it at times so that was their advantage for sure.

San Diego Heat Wave Will Challenge The Seattle Seahawks

Last edited:

Once or twice!

Actually the Seahawks humidity was 85% and the temperature was a lot hotter and muggier than the Chargers playing field. That was the difference.
:thup: exactly.Temps on the field got even hotter after that of what you saw reaching as high as a blistering 120 degrees.

Weather conditions are a poor excuse for some sloppy play by the Seahawks defense...both teams were playing in the same weather and it didn't seem to hinder either Seattle or SD offense.

Once or twice!

Weather conditions are a poor excuse for some sloppy play by the Seahawks defense...both teams were playing in the same weather and it didn't seem to hinder either Seattle or SD offense.
Defenses work harder because they don't know where the play is going and they have to do the tackling. Simple as that.

Forum List

Back