Seattle Democrats Cancel Columbus Day. Replace It With "indigenous People's Day"

Enslavement of the natives for starters.

I agree this is wrong, but I question if he was anything but a product of his society in that regard?

Why does that excuse him and warrant a holiday? He created that system in the americas when he didnt have to. By his own accounts the NA were not violent. As always its the white guys penchant for violence and mayhem.
I have no problem with the holiday. we should have more holidays.
I do have a major problem with willfully ignorant people who propagate the myth.
I just flip the script and tell anyone within earshot about the atrocities columbus committed and how to strengthen our community with that knowledge.

Monday October 13th. Columbus Day 2014.

Let's celebrate! I say we all get into a wooden sailing ship, sail it over to Seattle and beat liberals senseless! You know, like Chris would have done.
You'd get your ass kicked by some hippie before you even got off the ship. Who do you think you are fooling?
lol.gif

I agree this is wrong, but I question if he was anything but a product of his society in that regard?

Why does that excuse him and warrant a holiday? He created that system in the americas when he didnt have to. By his own accounts the NA were not violent. As always its the white guys penchant for violence and mayhem.
I do have a major problem with willfully ignorant people who propagate the myth.

Willfully ignorant describes him to a tee.
Wow. You have already proven how dumb you are. You do reallze he is talking specifically about you and others that think like you dont you? :lol:

He said "willfully ignorant" naturally I assumed he was talking about you. Nevermind, carry on.

Wow. You have already proven how dumb you are. You do reallze he is talking specifically about you and others that think like you dont you? :lol:

He said "willfully ignorant" naturally I assumed he was talking about you. Nevermind, carry on.
You also assumed written symbols expressing thoughts were not language so I understand why you messed up yet again.

Monday October 13th. Columbus Day 2014.

Let's celebrate! I say we all get into a wooden sailing ship, sail it over to Seattle and beat liberals senseless! You know, like Chris would have done.
You'd get your ass kicked by some hippie before you even got off the ship. Who do you think you are fooling?
lol.gif
i'd be busy buying weed.

The funny thing is how liberals, by accusing Columbus of atrocities, they insinuate that ALL of the Natives here were all peace loving people who never started wars or murdered.

Like I said, they would never ever want to learn how the transatlantic trade started. Should I show what war lords (BLACK WAR LORDS) conquered many tribes in West Africa? They were of course.....muslims (what else is new) and they captured, enslaved, murdered, and raped. They also began to trade these people, who they considered infidels and worthless, to Europe (mainly Portugal) for weapons as well as other resources. Mainly in order to expand the territory they conquered.

You want me to go into detail about the names of the tyrants? Should I mention the race of each of these tyrants? You know sure as shit the left would not want me to do that.

You see, this is just one example of how the left galvanizes and rally. They want to destroy what we have learned in our history and thereby destroy all of the things that happened that were good. As though Columbus never did anything good, or accomplished anything.

The funny thing is how they claim they simply want the truth out about the true Columbus. Fine, while we are at it, let us learn about the truth about the history and origins of the transatlantic slave trade. Fair?

Do you lefties want me to get into specifics about the origins of the transatlantic slave trade? Thought not.

Hypocrites.
false! oh ye of the shitty head..no one is insinuating anything like that.
what columbus did was to destroy many cultures..
he and his spanish cohorts in no serious way tried to parlay or understand the peoples they encountered..
their extreme ethnocentricity
ethnocentrism
[eth-noh-sen-triz-uh m] Spell Syllables
noun
Sociology. the belief in the inherent superiority of one's own ethnic group or culture.
a tendency to view alien groups or cultures from the perspective of one's own.
changed the world..

there is no hypocrisy in pointing out the facts
there is however, vast hypocrisy in denying them.

Yeah, that is all you are insinuating. I cannot tell, are you asking me to show you the true history of the transatlantic slave trade or how things were not as peaceful and great with Native Americans?

Why again is it so fashionable for liberals everywhere to gleefully tell us of all the atrocities of Columbus and why again is that all you want us to know about Columbus?

You pathetic fucking liberal.

What myth?

The funny thing is how liberals, by accusing Columbus of atrocities, they insinuate that ALL of the Natives here were all peace loving people who never started wars or murdered.

Like I said, they would never ever want to learn how the transatlantic trade started. Should I show what war lords (BLACK WAR LORDS) conquered many tribes in West Africa? They were of course.....muslims (what else is new) and they captured, enslaved, murdered, and raped. They also began to trade these people, who they considered infidels and worthless, to Europe (mainly Portugal) for weapons as well as other resources. Mainly in order to expand the territory they conquered.

You want me to go into detail about the names of the tyrants? Should I mention the race of each of these tyrants? You know sure as shit the left would not want me to do that.

You see, this is just one example of how the left galvanizes and rally. They want to destroy what we have learned in our history and thereby destroy all of the things that happened that were good. As though Columbus never did anything good, or accomplished anything.

The funny thing is how they claim they simply want the truth out about the true Columbus. Fine, while we are at it, let us learn about the truth about the history and origins of the transatlantic slave trade. Fair?

Do you lefties want me to get into specifics about the origins of the transatlantic slave trade? Thought not.

Hypocrites.
he and his spanish cohorts in no serious way tried to parlay or understand the peoples they encountered..
ethnocentrism
noun
Sociology. the belief in the inherent superiority of one's own ethnic group or culture.
changed the world..

I would just love to know where I claimed Columbus tried to understand or "parlay" the people they encountered.

What does that comment have anything to do with my post?

Good history teachers make sure they show the case for American exceptionalism in terms of Uncensored2008's arguments then rip them apart with the truth.

Ages 45 below increasingly are in the greater majorities for "a warts and all presentation of American history."

Yes, our history was inevitable they way it turned out, but Euro-American white success excuses nothing.

Hypocrites.
ethnocentrism
noun
changed the world..

Yeah, that is all you are insinuating. I cannot tell, are you asking me to show you the true history of the transatlantic slave trade or how things were not as peaceful and great with Native Americans?

Why again is it so fashionable for liberals everywhere to gleefully tell us of all the atrocities of Columbus and why again is that all you want us to know about Columbus?

You are doing your level best to deflect. In fact you appear desperate. :rofl:

You also assumed written symbols expressing thoughts were not language so I understand why you messed up yet again.
See? Willfully ignorant. Like I said you were.

Hypocrites.
ethnocentrism
noun
changed the world..

no need.. besides like i said nobody's insinuating or denying the native americans had their own troubles.
That's the whole point shit for brains!
columbus like all europeans at that time considered his culture superior to theirs.
they were savages and needed salvation.
the wealth that lay unused by the savages was a bonus from god for making them christians by any means possible.

What myth?
the myth columbus did a good thing..

What myth?

He did nothing good?

Hypocrites.
ethnocentrism
noun
changed the world..

I would just love to know where I claimed Columbus tried to understand or "parlay" the people they encountered.

learn to read shit head .
you never said that I did "he and his spanish cohorts in no serious way tried to parlay or understand the peoples they encountered.."
and you still got it wrong.
Columbus and co. could not be bothered to treat the Na's as equals..
get it?

Hypocrites.
ethnocentrism
noun
changed the world..

learn to read shit head .
you never said that I did "he and his spanish cohorts in no serious way tried to parlay or understand the peoples they encountered.."
and you still got it wrong.
Columbus and co. could not be bothered to treat the Na's as equals..
get it?

WHERE THE FUCK DID I EVEN ATTEMPT TO CLAIM HE TREATED THEM AS EQUALS? THAT IS NOT EVEN THE FUCKING POINT YOU UNREAL PIECE OF SHIT!

I said there were things that were accomplished, and you claim he did nothing good.

YOU ARE A FUCKING HACK.

Keep avoiding the truth about the transatlantic slave trade.

What myth?

He did nothing good?
not for the americas for the next 200 hundred or so years.
danm you're an ignorant fuck.

Forum List

Back