Seattle public schools will start teaching that math is oppressive & example of Western imperialism!

Standardized testing has been shown to introduce inequalities quite often. Those inequalities make the mathematically derived results inaccurate. Are you against accurate results? In a subject like math, how close to accurate do you consider to be close enough?
This is the kind of thing that teaches minority children to hate white people
Liberals cultivate hate

Once again, lefty promotes failure, victimhood, mediocrity, confusion, hatred, anger, strife. . . .

This is the heart of lefty's agenda:

The young people who are going to learn real math are those whose parents can afford to put them in private schools. The public school kids of all races are going to get dumber and dumber … and this is going to compel the wokesters in charge of Human Resources at institutions along life's way to demand changing standards to fit political goals. Eventually, bridges are going to start falling down. That too will be the fault of Whiteness.
Imbeciles!

Along with the fundamental laws of logic, mathematics not only comprise the universally objective and absolute forms, categories and axioms of human cognition, but are the terms of the universal language of God and the cosmos.

Actually, this is just another reason among many that my wife and I homeschool our children and another reason for universal school choice.
Racist...

Homophobic...

Deplorable, bible thumping, gun toting bigot....

:biggrin:

Standardized testing has been shown to introduce inequalities quite often. Those inequalities make the mathematically derived results inaccurate. Are you against accurate results? In a subject like math, how close to accurate do you consider to be close enough?

If your paycheck is supposed to be $498.75, and I hand you a check for $425.98, is that okay with you? Is that "close enough" to the a mount of money you were supposed to be paid?
Yes.

As a matter of fact it is...

Granddaughter wants $200. shoes..

Clean the pool.

Wash the cars.

Pull the weeds from the garden..

Clean the bathrooms..

Dust the rooms.

Here is your $200.

Minus...

Taxes.

Social security..

Medicare..

Shall I continue?

If your paycheck is supposed to be $498.75, and I hand you a check for $425.98, is that okay with you? Is that "close enough" to the a mount of money you were supposed to be paid?

That's kinda my point dumb ass.

If your point was that math must be EXACTLY accurate, then I agree with you. It did not come across that way.

If your point was that math must be EXACTLY accurate, then I agree with you. It did not come across that way.

Pay closer attention to what you read.

This is a reason why we are falling behind other nations in tech and development competition. Progs are on the edge all right. The edge of the abyss. You eventually will sign the death warrant for tens of millions of people as you keep this up. And you get away with accusing others of the same.

They knows that Arithmetic is the universal language that helps builds up the brain. They doesn't want people to be able to analyse certain situations. That they'll eventually figure things out. They want them to stay dumb.

Forget Lara Croft. Think long division. Mental arithmetic bulks up brain muscle far more than any quick-fingered exercise on a PlayStation, according to a Japanese professor. The conclusion: thinking maths takes the brain to places no other activity can reach.
Maths builds brain muscles

“Mathematics is food for the brain,” says math professor Dr. Arthur Benjamin. “It helps you think precisely, decisively, and creatively and helps you look at the world from multiple perspectives . . .
Discovering the Hidden Value of Math: How math builds the brain - creation.com

Clearly, the United States will be much better off 50 years from now with less focus on math, while world rival China wastes its time with such pursuits.

Forum List

Back