Seek Peace, Pursue Justice in Israel-Palestine: Time for Action.

"...Military thinking is obsolete."

unicornrainbow1.jpg

If you say so, Tinny.

Rainbows and unicorns and this is the dawning of the Age of Aquarius.

Tell that to the Jihadis.

Israel cannot bomb its way to legitimacy. ~ Ali Abunima

The context for the military comment was my exchange with PBel re: the US remaining engaged with Israel as an ally for military purposes, as a hedge against trouble-making Arab factions in the region...

How-in-the-hell you got from there, all the way across the room (metaphorically speaking) to Israel bombing Palestinians in order to achieve legitimacy, is quite beyond me, and much too far a stretch for me to take seriously.

Sorry.

unicornrainbow1.jpg

If you say so, Tinny.

Rainbows and unicorns and this is the dawning of the Age of Aquarius.

Tell that to the Jihadis.

Israel cannot bomb its way to legitimacy. ~ Ali Abunima

The context for the military comment was my exchange with PBel re: the US remaining engaged with Israel as an ally for military purposes, as a hedge against trouble-making Arab factions in the region...

How-in-the-hell you got from there, all the way across the room (metaphorically speaking) to Israel bombing Palestinians in order to achieve legitimacy, is quite beyond me, and much too far a stretch for me to take seriously.

Sorry.

Indeed it is.

P F Tinmore; et al,

You are something!

So, you are saying that it is OK for Israel to shoot under aged protesters in the head?

And why are Israeli troops in Palestine shooting at unarmed protesters?
(COMMENT)

There must be a failure to communicate here: I do not believe I said: "it is OK for Israel to shoot under aged protesters in the head?" I believed that I was talking about induced martyrdom by Hostile Arab Palestinian parents demonstrating a "depraved indifference" for the lives of their children.

Every situation is different, but as a general rule, when the IDF is threatened with serious bodily harm from Hostile Arab Palestinians (HoAP), the use of deadly force might be expected.

Basic Principles on the Use of Force and Firearms by Law Enforcement Officials said:
Article 9.
Law enforcement officials shall not use firearms against persons except in self-defence or defence of others against the imminent threat of death or serious injury, to prevent the perpetration of a particularly serious crime involving grave threat to life, to arrest a person presenting such a danger and resisting their authority, or to prevent his or her escape, and only when less extreme means are insufficient to achieve these objectives. In any event, intentional lethal use of firearms may only be made when strictly unavoidable in order to protect life.​

SOURCE: Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights

Most Respectfully,
R

Funny how some of these pro-Palestinian propaganda shills will take a comment made in one context and hasten to serve-up a largely non-sequitur straw man in a lame (and usually unsuccessful) attempt to score a propaganda point or two... inflexible one-track minds that have to have it all their own way or they grow petulant or go silent for a whlie... not exactly high-order interaction, is it?

P F Tinmore; et al,

You are something!

So, you are saying that it is OK for Israel to shoot under aged protesters in the head?

And why are Israeli troops in Palestine shooting at unarmed protesters?
(COMMENT)

There must be a failure to communicate here: I do not believe I said: "it is OK for Israel to shoot under aged protesters in the head?" I believed that I was talking about induced martyrdom by Hostile Arab Palestinian parents demonstrating a "depraved indifference" for the lives of their children.

Every situation is different, but as a general rule, when the IDF is threatened with serious bodily harm from Hostile Arab Palestinians (HoAP), the use of deadly force might be expected.

Basic Principles on the Use of Force and Firearms by Law Enforcement Officials said:
Article 9.
Law enforcement officials shall not use firearms against persons except in self-defence or defence of others against the imminent threat of death or serious injury, to prevent the perpetration of a particularly serious crime involving grave threat to life, to arrest a person presenting such a danger and resisting their authority, or to prevent his or her escape, and only when less extreme means are insufficient to achieve these objectives. In any event, intentional lethal use of firearms may only be made when strictly unavoidable in order to protect life.​

SOURCE: Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights

Most Respectfully,
R

Law enforcement officials shall not use firearms against persons except in self-defence or defence of others against the imminent threat of death or serious injury,

Please explain whose life is threatened by unarmed Protesters in Palestine to the point where foreign troops must go in and shoot kids in the head.

P F Tinmore; pbel, et al,

There is only one universal answer to a general question like this.

Please explain whose life is threatened by unarmed Protesters in Palestine to the point where foreign troops must go in and shoot kids in the head.
(COMMENT)

If the IDF shot a Hostile Arab Palestinians, then the IDF was threatened with serious bodily harm from Hostile Arab Palestinians.

Most Respectfully,
R

(COMMENT)

If the IDF shot a Hostile Arab Palestinians, then the IDF was threatened with serious bodily harm from Hostile Arab Palestinians.

Most Respectfully,
R

Those kids must be quite a threat for the IDF to go all the way into Palestine to shoot them.

(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R

Those kids must be quite a threat for the IDF to go all the way into Palestine to shoot them.
When did the IDF do this? I must have missed the fireworks.

"Mister Miyagi... how do I defend against a punch?"

"Ahhhh, Daniel-san... best defense: No be there!"

Karate+Kid+Has+Balance.jpg

"Mister Miyagi... how do I avoid getting shot by IDF border guards at a Fence Line or by Security Forces at a Demostration?"

"Ahhhh, Ahmad-san... best defense: No be there!"

=======================================

It would also probably be a good idea NOT to act suspiciously or provocatively or to touch a fence or watchtower or to be too close to those in a crowd who are acting more violently or threateningly or provocatively...

But that's just me.

On occasion, it's an out-of-control or malevolent shooter...

On occasion, it's an accident or misunderstanding...

On occasion, it's bad luck, being in too close a proximity to some larger and more serious and dangerous incident...

On occasion, it's being too close to a war-asset (militia headquarters, rocket-launching platform, etc.), brought-about as collateral damage...

Oftentimes, it's a wall or fence-line shooting involving foolish encroachment on the wall or fence or towers themselves...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back