Seized tapes record Donald talking with Cohen about Karen McDougal payoff.

Sure it is. You should quit spouting off about the law because you obviously know nothing about it.
While the tape may have been prtected by this privilege, it no longer is. Trump's attorneys waived it.
Seems like both parties would have to waived it
No. The client holds the privilege and the client is the only one who can waive it.

What difference does it make when the contents are released to the press anyway?
The difference is that prosecutors can actually review them and submit them as evidence in a courtroom. That's a huge difference.

You are 100% correct on the criminal side. But, when the action was taken simply to harm the image of the client, the damage is done.

What does any of this have to do with Russia hacking Hillary's inevitable election????

It’s a felony if payments were made.

And it establishes full knowledge of the potential damage to his campaign if his affairs became public, cementing the purpose of the payments as helping his campaign. Making his payments to Stormy Daniels another felony.

It’s yet another in a seemingly endless stream of sewage, rampant corruption, and hapless graft spewing from this White House.

Why should Trump be immune from felonies he’s committed. I thought he said no one was above the law
It's not illegal for Trump to pay a bimbo to keep her mouth shut.

It's astounding how many times basic legal facts have to be explained to snowflake morons like you over and over and over again.

It's not illegal for Trump to pay a bimbo to keep her mouth shut.
And yet the Trump teams main defense is that no money was transacted (which is likely a lie, but the tape does not reveal such a transaction). You should shoot them a memo!

What about the court of public opinion?
What about it? That's a different discussion.

I am assuming the release of this information was done to harm Trump's public image and not to make a legal case.

A person in this situation may get some comfort knowing that there is protection in the event of a criminal prosecution. But, if the release information ruins your business or hurts some aspect of your life, it still sucks.

I am assuming the release of this information was done to harm Trump's public image and not to make a legal case
I think it was released to show Trump that such tapes exist and more could be released,in an effort to leverage him into paying Cohen's legal fees and privately reserving a pardon for him.

So, Trump decided to play hardball and waive the attorney/client privilege for this tape, so that it could be used against Cohen in a court of law.

Probably not a smart move on Trump's part. Shocking, I know.

I am of the opinion that we should seize all of Hillary's communications and put them up for everyone to see... ALL OF THEM... Attorney/Client doesn't mean jack shit to these fucking morons...

Isn't illegal to tape anyone without their knowledge? I thought it was. Cohen should go down over that alone.
In some states it is. In some states it isn't.

I am assuming the release of this information was done to harm Trump's public image and not to make a legal case
I think it was released to show Trump that such tapes exist and more could be released,in an effort to leverage him into paying Cohen's legal fees and privately reserving a pardon for him.

So, Trump decided to play hardball and waive the attorney/client privilege for this tape, so that it could be used against Cohen in a court of law.

Probably not a smart move on Trump's part. Shocking, I know.
Who ever released it committed a crime, and he's a fucking criminal. Why he did it doesn't matter.

How can the tape possibly be used against Cohen?

and this was a 'privileged' conversation between a client and attorney.

How do you figure that? The only way privilege could possibly apply is if Cohen was providing legal advice or other legal work. Paying off a mistress so that she won't reveal a decade old affair isn't legal work.

Sure it is. You should quit spouting off about the law because you obviously know nothing about it.
While the tape may have been prtected by this privilege, it no longer is. Trump's attorneys waived it.
The bottom line is that what you said is wrong. Be a man and fess up.

and this was a 'privileged' conversation between a client and attorney.

How do you figure that? The only way privilege could possibly apply is if Cohen was providing legal advice or other legal work. Paying off a mistress so that she won't reveal a decade old affair isn't legal work.

Seems like both parties would have to waived it
both are required...
False. The attorney is not an equal partner and makes zero decisions. The attorney works for the client and no one else. You’re not smart.

Who is karen mcdougal
the Playmate Donald had a 9 or 10 month affair with back in 2006....which he denied.

So fucking what?
Nice stick up your arse! :thup:

I don't care snowflake Leo. I was just answering the poster's question!

As far as Trump lying about it....nothing new there either....

Trump gave permission for the tape's release.... so he is just trying to pull a ''look over there'', so to get the press off of his Putin summit abomination and disgraceful NATO meetings...imo.

Who is karen mcdougal
the Playmate Donald had a 9 or 10 month affair with back in 2006....which he denied.

So fucking what?
Nice stick up your arse! :thup:

I don't care snowflake Leo. I was just answering the poster's question!

As far as Trump lying about it....nothing new there either....

Trump gave permission for the tape's release.... so he is just trying to pull a ''look over there'', so to get the press off of his Putin summit abomination and disgraceful NATO meetings...imo.

No one gives a shit.

Forum List

Back