Senate (GOP) rejects amendment to build border fence

Exactly how many trillions of dollars will it cost to build a fence on the border between Mexico and the United States?

Exactly how many trillions of dollars per year will it cost to maintain a fence on the border between the United States and Mexico?

Where exactly are we going to get the funding?

You seriously think it'd take trillions to build and maintain a fence?

And where will we get the funding? That's easy. From whatever we save when we're not giving 20 million+ illegal immigrants benefits every year

Then we have to place guard turrets every 100 feet. That's another $50 billion.

Border Patrol Agents for the towers 24/7/365 would be 800,000 Agents at $70,000.00/yr would be another $56 billion per year, plus the current employee cost. So what, $100 billion per year total?

Money well spent.

Will the fence be armed?
It's funny, the way you think you have a point. :lol:
I have a clear point that you keep running away from.

You're quite a pussy.

Will the fence be armed?

:lmao: Okay, let's hear this brilliant point of yours.

No, the fence will not be armed. The men and women patrolling it, however, will be -- hopefully with something more lethal than the beanbag gun Brian Terry was packing when he was murdered by the Mexican drug cartel.

Which one of you fucking idiot progs thought that was a good idea? Utter morons, the lot of you.

You're quite a pussy.

Will the fence be armed?

No, the fence will not be armed. The men and women patrolling it, however, will be -- hopefully with something more lethal than the beanbag gun Brian Terry was packing when he was murdered by the Mexican drug cartel.

Which one of you fucking idiot progs thought that was a good idea? Utter morons, the lot of you.
I'd ask where Synthia ran off to, but he's usually not here on weekends. He has a regular gig doing Top 40 covers at the Tiki Room at the Holiday Inn on the frontage road. I hear his Lady Gaga is spot-on! :clap2:

Exactly how many trillions of dollars will it cost to build a fence on the border between Mexico and the United States?

Exactly how many trillions of dollars per year will it cost to maintain a fence on the border between the United States and Mexico?

And where will we get the funding? That's easy. From whatever we save when we're not giving 20 million+ illegal immigrants benefits every year

Border Patrol Agents for the towers 24/7/365 would be 800,000 Agents at $70,000.00/yr would be another $56 billion per year, plus the current employee cost. So what, $100 billion per year total?

Money well spent.

Why don't you back up your claim with some numbers.

Money well spent.

Why don't you back up your claim with some numbers.
Yes, RoadVirus, let's see some numbers. And multiply them by 700 so 1%er can understand them.

The Senate just passed an amendment to S 744 to further tighten the southern border. On a vote of 69-29 the amendment required the government to build 700 miles of fencing, double the number of Border Patrol agents to 40K, deploy drone and blanket the border with thermal imaging, cameras and other surveillance. How the House will address that part of the immigration bill is anyone guess at this time.

Cost $46 billion over 10 years.

Worth every cent.

CIS report: Households headed by illegal aliens imposed more than $26.3 billion in costs on the federal government in 2002 and paid only $16 billion in taxes, creating a net fiscal deficit of almost $10.4 billion, or $2,700 per illegal household.

Now that is for one year, now multiply that figure by 10 years and that not including inflation totals over $100 billion. So you can see that $46 billion is a bargain.

You're quite a pussy.

Will the fence be armed?

I'd ask where Synthia ran off to, but he's usually not here on weekends. He has a regular gig doing Top 40 covers at the Tiki Room at the Holiday Inn on the frontage road. I hear his Lady Gaga is spot-on! :clap2:

That was my 2012 show. Try to keep up! :cuckoo:

You're quite a pussy.

Will the fence be armed?

No, the fence will not be armed. The men and women patrolling it, however, will be --

So, how many? What will their salaries be? What will their pensions cost for decades into the future?

This will be an ongoing bureaucracy, just like the last Conservative bureaucratic money hole, the Department Of Homeland Security. How much is that costing us each year? And keep in mind, we still have an FBI and a CIA with bigger budgets than ever, so DHS has not absorbed those agencies or their costs.

So you want to create another 40,000 person Federal behemoth? With all the attending costs?

And you fools try to tell us that you care about the debt and Big Government?

You're quite a pussy.

Will the fence be armed?

No, the fence will not be armed. The men and women patrolling it, however, will be --

So, how many? What will their salaries be? What will their pensions cost for decades into the future?

This will be an ongoing bureaucracy, just like the last Conservative bureaucratic money hole, the Department Of Homeland Security. How much is that costing us each year? And keep in mind, we still have an FBI and a CIA with bigger budgets than ever, so DHS has not absorbed those agencies or their costs.

So you want to create another 40,000 person Federal behemoth? With all the attending costs?

Some things are worth the money, like border security, especially considering how illegals cost society more than they contribute.

Some things -- like the National Endowment for the Arts -- are NOT worth the money, and should be abolished.

That was my 2012 show. Try to keep up! :cuckoo:
So, what empty-headed bit of bubblegum fluff are you imitating to pay the bills this year?

Man, pop music sucks.

Some things are worth the money, like border security, especially considering how illegals cost society more than they contribute.

Some things -- like the National Endowment for the Arts -- are NOT worth the money, and should be abolished.

You're a fraud - a big spending Republican, content to waste taxpayer money when it goes to you and your cronies.

Are you hoping they will be hiring AF retirees unable to hold a job without the gummint nanny taking care of you, covering your medical, giving you discounts on your food and goods, and the commissary and PX?

What sux is that private employers won't pay you to sit around and post on message boards all day like the Air Forces did, doesn't it, davey? :lol:

You're a fraud - a big spending Republican, content to waste taxpayer money when it goes to you and your cronies.

Are you hoping they will be hiring AF retirees unable to hold a job without the gummint nanny taking care of you, covering your medical, giving you discounts on your food and goods, and the commissary and PX?

What sux is that private employers won't pay you to sit around and post on message boards all day like the Air Forces did, doesn't it, davey? :lol:
My, my, such an irrational hatred you have for veterans. Is it because our existence points out something lacking in you? Honor, courage, commitment, perhaps?

Sure does seem like, doesn't it?

Did a Soldier beat you up once? Did a Sailor steal your girlfriend? Did a Marine laugh at you? Did an Airman make fun of you on the internet?

I know for a fact the last part is true. :lmao:

My, my, such an irrational hatred you have for veterans. Is it because our existence points out something lacking in you? Honor, courage, commitment, perhaps?

Did a Soldier beat you up once? Did a Sailor steal your girlfriend? Did a Marine laugh at you? Did an Airman make fun of you on the internet?

I have no hatred for veterans. I have hatred for frauds and hypocrites. You don't get a free pass because you joined the military, out of options in the Capitalist, free market world that you couldn't hack.

But it's clear you have an irrational hatred of musicians and artists, as you demonstrated once more by picking the strawman of the NEA.

Don't blame musicians because you weren't good enough.

This is just further proof that you can't debate me honestly, or you're just ignorant. This fence will cost hundreds of billions, while the NEA cost mere millions. Yet you want to try to equate them.

Just how retarded are you? Are you drooling right now?

I have no hatred for veterans. I have hatred for frauds and hypocrites. You don't get a free pass because you joined the military, out of options in the Capitalist, free market world that you couldn't hack.
I never asked for a free pass, dumbass. :lol: And the rest -- you're just making it up...out of your irrational hatred for veterans.
But it's clear you have an irrational hatred of musicians and artists, as you demonstrated once more by picking the strawman of the NEA.
No, I don't hate musicians and artists. I was a musician for a number of years, and my oldest daughter is a gifted artist.

What I dislike is wasting of taxpayer money. And giving it to some edgy "artist" so he can excrete something on canvas and have idiots like you oooh and aaaah over it is a waste of money.
Don't blame musicians because you weren't good enough.
...says the guy without a record deal.

:lmao:

This is just further proof that you can't debate me honestly, or you're just ignorant. This fence will cost hundreds of billions, while the NEA cost mere millions. Yet you want to try to equate them.

Just how retarded are you? Are you drooling right now?
Ever hear of a document called the Constitution of the United States of America?

Handy thing, that. It outlines the Federal government's roles and responsibilities. National security is in there.

Giving money to musicians and artists is not. Weird, huh?

Meanwhile, speaking of honesty, why don't you be honest about your opposition to securing the border? It certainly has nothing to do with money.

You want a steady stream of new Democrat voters.

Period.

The Senate just passed an amendment to S 744 to further tighten the southern border. On a vote of 69-29 the amendment required the government to build 700 miles of fencing, double the number of Border Patrol agents to 40K, deploy drone and blanket the border with thermal imaging, cameras and other surveillance. How the House will address that part of the immigration bill is anyone guess at this time.

Cost $46 billion over 10 years.

Worth every cent.

CIS report: Households headed by illegal aliens imposed more than $26.3 billion in costs on the federal government in 2002 and paid only $16 billion in taxes, creating a net fiscal deficit of almost $10.4 billion, or $2,700 per illegal household.

Now that is for one year, now multiply that figure by 10 years and that not including inflation totals over $100 billion. So you can see that $46 billion is a bargain.

What's been proposed won't work. If you want to build a wall then you need to look at prisons or the Berlin wall.

Even nutball scum bumble into daylight once in a while.

The only way to stop illegal immigration is to prosecute corporations hiring illegals.

For what it's worth, when the fence IS built, it will be as much to keep people in as out.

You seem to be forgetting deportation of the illegals themselves, Jughead.
If we did,it would bankrupt this county. Everyone talks a good game but when the rubber boys the road, the illegals en mass won't be deported. Period. It's all about $$$. If I am wrong, then why don't they aggressively go after businesses who hire them.

Forum List

Back