Senate (GOP) rejects amendment to build border fence

Do you have a link to back up this insane claim?

You have a cement wall 50 feet high, 5 feet wide with a 25x25 foot base at $100 per yard delivered. Do the math, no need for a link.

Of course we haven't even begun construction yet.

Of course a link is required. Where did you get the dimensions?

You need a link? Are you not capable of self-thinking?

Our prisons are very good at keeping people in, so why not duplicate prison walls to keep people out. Nothing else is working.

You have a cement wall 50 feet high, 5 feet wide with a 25x25 foot base at $100 per yard delivered. Do the math, no need for a link.

Of course we haven't even begun construction yet.

Our prisons are very good at keeping people in, so why not duplicate prison walls to keep people out. Nothing else is working.
While it's amusing watching you stamp your feet and pout, it's a less-than-compelling argument.

Try again.

While it's amusing watching you stamp your feet and pout, it's a less-than-compelling argument.

Try again.

So you are incapable of self thought.

Try again.

Look, Skippy, it's a pretty basic concept.

You make a claim, you back it up.

Let me guess: You think you're ENTITLED to me unquestioningly accepting everything you say.

Boy, are you going to go through life bitter and disappointed. :lol:

Try again.

Let me guess: You think you're ENTITLED to me unquestioningly accepting everything you say.

The typical ad hominem attack of panic when one realizes that the GOP is blowing hot air up your skirt.

Bottom line is...

We hear that Americans will not do the work the Mex does at the wage the Mex does. Ok- I buy that..

But lets say, we double the wage so Americans do the work? Gasp!

Nobody will want to pay $5 for a head of lettuce

Guess what? Time you pay for amnesty through welfare, WIC, etc, so the illegal criminal can work for less, it still winds up costing more than having Americans go the work.

The head of lettuce real-time cost is $15

Basic economics

-Geaux

The typical ad hominem attack of panic when one realizes that the GOP is blowing hot air up your skirt.
Yeah. Meanwhile, I can't help but notice you haven't proven your claim. You ever going to get around to that, or do you have to pretend to be superior some more?

Bottom line is...

We hear that Americans will not do the work the Mex does at the wage the Mex does. Ok- I buy that..

But lets say, we double the wage so Americans do the work? Gasp!

Nobody will want to pay $5 for a head of lettuce

Guess what? Time you pay for amnesty through welfare, WIC, etc, so the illegal criminal can work for less, it still winds up costing more than having Americans go the work.

The head of lettuce real-time cost is $15

Basic economics

-Geaux

Raise the minimum wage to $23.50/hr.

Make healthcare mandatory for employers to pay.

Disallow all business dedications other than employee expenses.

Allow employers to deduct dollar-for-dollar against ANY taxes/fees owed which will offset the added expense and keep the employers bottom line equivalent to today.

Law change: A ten year prison sentence for any person that knowingly hires an undocumented person for employment.

Yeah. Meanwhile, I can't help but notice you haven't proven your claim. You ever going to get around to that, or do you have to pretend to be superior some more?

I never pretend.

I've given you all the information to do your own math.

Remember, the thread title is; 'Senate (GOP) rejects amendment to build border fence'.

It's the cost stupid!

I never pretend.
Well, since you're not superior, one of us is lying. Hint: It's you.

Remember, the thread title is; 'Senate (GOP) rejects amendment to build border fence'.

It's the cost stupid!
I can do math. I want to know where you got the dimensions. NOTE: This is YourAss Online is NOT an acceptable source.

Last edited:

I never pretend.

It's the cost stupid!
I can do math. I want to know where you got the dimensions. NOTE: This is YourAss Online is NOT an acceptable source.

OK, I'll play. Five feet wide, fifty feet tall, with a twenty five foot by twenty five foot base, times 1950 miles long. We'll call it 'The Great Wall of America'. It will become one of the three man made structures you can see from space.

Our Founding Fathers of the United States of America will be proud!

I never pretend.

It's the cost stupid!

OK, I'll play. Five feet wide, fifty feet tall, with a twenty five foot by twenty five foot base, times 1950 miles long. We'll call it 'The Great Wall of America'. It will become one of the three man made structures you can see from space.

Great Gaea's Gargantuan Gazongas.

Just admit you made the numbers up. Because you've had many chances to post a link sourcing the dimensions, and have instead chosen to insist I take your word for it.

Meanwhile, just for giggles, we'll use your numbers. The dimensions you've given result in 328,533,333 cubic yards of concrete. Also using your ridiculously-inflated cost of $100 per cubic yard (because they'd use batch plants located near the site -- no way in hell they'd try to truck in that much concrete), the concrete cost is $32,253,333,300.

What was the number your "math" came up with?

The concrete alone will cost $23 trillion dollars.

Ummm...no. Insanely inaccurate.

You screwed up. By 700 times too high.

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why progressives can't be trusted with money. They don't know how to do math.

Last edited:

Just admit you made the numbers up. Because you've had many chances to post a link sourcing the dimensions, and have instead chosen to insist I take your word for it.

Meanwhile, just for giggles, we'll use your numbers. The dimensions you've given result in 328,533,333 cubic yards of concrete. Also using your ridiculously-inflated cost of $100 per cubic yard (because they'd use batch plants located near the site -- no way in hell they'd try to truck in that much concrete), the concrete cost is $32,253,333,300.

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why progressives can't be trusted with money. They don't know how to do math.

Senate (GOP) rejects amendment to build border fence because concrete alone would cost $32,253,333,300.00. Thank You for playing!

Senate (GOP) rejects amendment to build border fence because concrete alone would cost $32,253,333,300.00. Thank You for playing!
You misspelled "Wow, Dave, I don't know how I could have made such a huge mistake. Probably because I'm not very interested in facts; I am a progressive, after all. Thanks for setting me straight!"

Then we have to place guard turrets every 100 feet. That's another $50 billion.

Border Patrol Agents for the towers 24/7/365 would be 800,000 Agents at $70,000.00/yr would be another $56 billion per year, plus the current employee cost. So what, $100 billion per year total?
Don't forget their pensions.

Forum List

Back