Senate Impeachment Trial Thread.

Nadler is correct. Alan is the only nut that takes the view you need a statutory crime for impeachment.

Nadler is correct. Alan is the only nut that takes the view you need a statutory crime for impeachment.
You'll not overturn the Presidential Electorate and strip the Sitting President off the ballot without even a crime. Many have suggested that when Democrats realized that they could not prevail in elections that they would attack the electoral system, but, this is still rather surprising.
Design-of-classy-and-casual-skirts-for-modern-women-35.jpg

Here in America, we use the Electoral System for selecting our Representatives.

Biden stepped in it. He was just the errand boy for the US, the IMF and various European interests. He was puffing himself up at the Foreign Affairs forum and it provided a soundbite ripe for misconstruction. There are letters signed by multiple Senators of both parties supporting the action at the time.

I'm not a Biden fan. He's yesterday, by a long way. None of which justifies Trump's attempted extortion using authorized funding as leverage.
Trump never attempted "extortion" and there is nothing wrong with using funding as leverage to encourage the recipient to look into apparent corruption and the aid was released before the end of the Fiscal Year. Do you think there was a date stated in the appropriation with a date that the aid must be released by that Trump missed?

compliment.jpg

Everyone knows that Trump's going to be exonerated shortly of all this silliness!

Of course he attempted extortion. Need Javelins? Do us a favor though. That came after weeks of pushing and coaching from Rudy and Bagman Sondland, on what Zelensky had to say to Trump about investigations, and tying aid to it. The House presented a good case and witnesses provided good testimony. You should have watched it.

Why do you think the Senate doesn't want witnesses? Every one of them knows Trump is guilty as hell. They're going to acquit him anyway, and I hope they do, but the evidence isn't even seriously contested.

Not that hard to figure this out. Ukraine is notoriously corrupt. Trump wants a publicly expressed commitment to fight corruption before he releases the aid. I see nothing at all wrong with that. He's looking out for the US national interest.

What? You would have preferred he flew in pallets of cash in the middle of the night? Who would ever do something as traitorous as that?

Yeah, he even used his pro bono attorney and million $ bagman to save the State Dept time and money. He's thinking about the national interest 25 hours a day. Maybe more.
Learn a little history rather than letting the ignorant clowns in the Fake News Media lead you around like a pet seal.

Presidents since George Washington have turned to individuals without formal government positions to pursue foreign policy interests and objectives. Private citizens, often acting as special envoys, have helped negotiate issues ranging from trade to war. While critics deride such efforts as “back-door,” “secret,” or “shadow” undertakings, many presidents have found it useful to dispatch people they trust, who can think and operate outside the constraints of official channels in handling delicate matters.

492058_5_.jpg

Gouverneur Morris: Private Envoy for George Washington.
FDR called on private adviser Harry Hopkins to conduct wartime diplomacy to Great Britain and the Soviet Union. “He doesn’t even know the meaning of the word ‘protocol,’’’ FDR added. “When he sees a piece of red tape, he just pulls out those old garden shears of his and snips it.”

Jesse Jackson pursued freelance foreign policy for President Clinton promoting Democracy in Africa. Armand Hammer used his far-flung business interests to facilitate his “citizen diplomacy” working with Richard Nixon and Ronald Reagan. Reagan once wrote Hammer, ''I value your insights on our policy toward the Soviet Union.” Clinton turned to Congressman Bill Richardson to be his “informal undersecretary for thugs,” as Richardson jokingly referred to himself, negotiating with dictators in places such as Iraq, Cuba, North Korea, and Haiti.

President Woodrow Wilson was at odds with his secretary of state, William Jennings Bryan. Wilson’s thinking, however, was in sync with that of Texas businessman Edward M. House, a friend and adviser who was so close that they had their own telegraph code. “You are the only one in the world to whom I can open my mind freely,” Wilson told House.

In both 1915 and 1916, Wilson sent House to Britain, Germany and France on peace-seeking missions.

492059_5_.jpg

Edwar M. House: He became Woodrow Wilson's go-to envoy because the President was at odds with his secretary of state, William Jennings Bryan.

If Rudy had been Harry Hopkins, he wouldn't have been smearing American Ambassadors and conspiring to extort influence in a domestic political campaign - assistance in another smear campaign, at that. He wasn't cutting red tape, he was trying to slither under it. Now he's a raving loon on cable.

Biden is obviously above the law here. He should be made President by acclamation.

If what Biden did is illegal or even questionable, why didn't the Republican House and Senate object at the time he did it? Why no investigation before now? It's not like Biden hid what he did, or tried to keep it secret. Why did Donald Trump give military aid to the Ukraine in 2017 and 2018 with any question of corruption in the Ukraine?

If all of this is about questions about Biden, why didn't William Barr open an investigation into the Bidens', or either of them?

The Senators could call Joe Biden as a witness. They have the numbers. So why haven't they?

Pam Bondi spent a half an hour on the floor of the Senate the other day explaining that. It's on YouTube. And if we get witnesses, I expect and hope the WH will see to it we hear a lot more about it.

Pam Bondi keeps getting and making unfounded allegations and smears of Hunter Biden, without a shred of evidence to back up one word of her character assassination. Nothing she has said has the slightest bit of relevance to the charges against the President.

I also understand that the White House is now trying to block publication of the Bolton book. You guys must just be shitting your pants over the possibility of Bolton testifying.

Of course he attempted extortion. Need Javelins? Do us a favor though. That came after weeks of pushing and coaching from Rudy and Bagman Sondland, on what Zelensky had to say to Trump about investigations, and tying aid to it. The House presented a good case and witnesses provided good testimony. You should have watched it.

Why do you think the Senate doesn't want witnesses? Every one of them knows Trump is guilty as hell. They're going to acquit him anyway, and I hope they do, but the evidence isn't even seriously contested.
The aid request didn't even include Javelins. And the aid was released without even an announcement of an investigation. You are attempting to convict Trump based on hostile mind reading.

In the Salem Witch Trials 25 people died and those hung were executed on the basis of spectral evidence.
c8ec4b0523d5b6017a9a1ffc4c866f69.jpg

It's truly sad where the Left would lead us, if only they could

It's sad where the Left would lead us if only they could.

No one said he didn't get caught.
He "got caught" having a perfect phone call.

PERFECT! I told you they're in the Branding business. Looks like you bought a six-pack of PERFECT.
Unformed gibberish.

Evidence isn't accepted.

Trump never attempted "extortion" and there is nothing wrong with using funding as leverage to encourage the recipient to look into apparent corruption and the aid was released before the end of the Fiscal Year. Do you think there was a date stated in the appropriation with a date that the aid must be released by that Trump missed?

compliment.jpg

Everyone knows that Trump's going to be exonerated shortly of all this silliness!

Not that hard to figure this out. Ukraine is notoriously corrupt. Trump wants a publicly expressed commitment to fight corruption before he releases the aid. I see nothing at all wrong with that. He's looking out for the US national interest.

What? You would have preferred he flew in pallets of cash in the middle of the night? Who would ever do something as traitorous as that?

Yeah, he even used his pro bono attorney and million $ bagman to save the State Dept time and money. He's thinking about the national interest 25 hours a day. Maybe more.
Learn a little history rather than letting the ignorant clowns in the Fake News Media lead you around like a pet seal.

Presidents since George Washington have turned to individuals without formal government positions to pursue foreign policy interests and objectives. Private citizens, often acting as special envoys, have helped negotiate issues ranging from trade to war. While critics deride such efforts as “back-door,” “secret,” or “shadow” undertakings, many presidents have found it useful to dispatch people they trust, who can think and operate outside the constraints of official channels in handling delicate matters.

492058_5_.jpg

FDR called on private adviser Harry Hopkins to conduct wartime diplomacy to Great Britain and the Soviet Union. “He doesn’t even know the meaning of the word ‘protocol,’’’ FDR added. “When he sees a piece of red tape, he just pulls out those old garden shears of his and snips it.”

Jesse Jackson pursued freelance foreign policy for President Clinton promoting Democracy in Africa. Armand Hammer used his far-flung business interests to facilitate his “citizen diplomacy” working with Richard Nixon and Ronald Reagan. Reagan once wrote Hammer, ''I value your insights on our policy toward the Soviet Union.” Clinton turned to Congressman Bill Richardson to be his “informal undersecretary for thugs,” as Richardson jokingly referred to himself, negotiating with dictators in places such as Iraq, Cuba, North Korea, and Haiti.

President Woodrow Wilson was at odds with his secretary of state, William Jennings Bryan. Wilson’s thinking, however, was in sync with that of Texas businessman Edward M. House, a friend and adviser who was so close that they had their own telegraph code. “You are the only one in the world to whom I can open my mind freely,” Wilson told House.

In both 1915 and 1916, Wilson sent House to Britain, Germany and France on peace-seeking missions.

492059_5_.jpg

Edwar M. House: He became Woodrow Wilson's go-to envoy because the President was at odds with his secretary of state, William Jennings Bryan.

If Rudy had been Harry Hopkins, he wouldn't have been smearing American Ambassadors and conspiring to extort influence in a domestic political campaign - assistance in another smear campaign, at that. He wasn't cutting red tape, he was trying to slither under it. Now he's a raving loon on cable.
With that unhinged rant, are you sure you want to start throwing around terms like "raving loon"?

1c53448dfc70700a6293705aec8c70e6.jpg

Angry Finger Pointing Gives Away The Game

492058_5_.jpg

492059_5_.jpg

With that unhinged rant, are you sure you want to start throwing around terms like "raving loon"?

In fairness, you should have credited the source of your cut-n-paste.

. They're going to acquit him anyway, and I hope they do, but the evidence isn't even seriously contested.

There is an old saying; "if your enemy is falling on their sword. . . Don't get in their way."

The Senate doesn't need witnesses in order to decide to dismiss a sham / rushed impeachment attempt.

Keep
It
Simple
Stupid

492058_5_.jpg

492059_5_.jpg

Active verbs are 'unhinged'? That's just trolling.

Biden is obviously above the law here. He should be made President by acclamation.

If what Biden did is illegal or even questionable, why didn't the Republican House and Senate object at the time he did it? Why no investigation before now? It's not like Biden hid what he did, or tried to keep it secret. Why did Donald Trump give military aid to the Ukraine in 2017 and 2018 with any question of corruption in the Ukraine?

If all of this is about questions about Biden, why didn't William Barr open an investigation into the Bidens', or either of them?

The Senators could call Joe Biden as a witness. They have the numbers. So why haven't they?

Pam Bondi spent a half an hour on the floor of the Senate the other day explaining that. It's on YouTube. And if we get witnesses, I expect and hope the WH will see to it we hear a lot more about it.

Pam Bondi keeps getting and making unfounded allegations and smears of Hunter Biden, without a shred of evidence to back up one word of her character assassination. Nothing she has said has the slightest bit of relevance to the charges against the President.

I also understand that the White House is now trying to block publication of the Bolton book. You guys must just be shitting your pants over the possibility of Bolton testifying.
Bondi supported her case wondrously. The Senate is the trier of Fact and I expect that the President will be exonerated by a far wider margin of the 34 votes he needs for acquittal. A bipartisan total 50% higher than that would not surprise me. And that is what Triers of Fact do, they try the facts, facts such as the Ms. Bondi put before the Senate Jury.

Bolton trying to cash out with a tell all book during an Election year after accepting the job as a Presidential Adviser? What a backstabbing turncoat. He got fired by Trump because Bolton is a War Monger. Do you have thing for War Mongers? Even if the President stipulates to Bolton's claims, there are still no crimes or removable offenses.
Ogw7ymEhbarX3rrYkzqyY7XSfmKxfmFAS_LHj51en-11vTH0RMdEXL8VqPC6EcsApym9fT9aHsPAOcVyx-JB_jxndA-0mIflnksd36ATCanxstRaKW4S_EgKLegeIYnfd6RR-gKuliOOWkVIe5JT22Eo561UQmr6KFRv

Democrats need to stop trying to criminalize policy differences.

. They're going to acquit him anyway, and I hope they do, but the evidence isn't even seriously contested.

There is an old saying; "if your enemy is falling on their sword. . . Don't get in their way."

The Senate doesn't need witnesses in order to decide to dismiss a sham / rushed impeachment attempt.

Keep
It
Simple
Stupid

I agree. We don't want witnesses. The whole story will come out soon enough, anyway, and the R's can do the most damage to themselves by refusing to hear witnesses.

Read this post from another thread.

I suppose some of you have already seen this, but on Fox News I just saw a clip of an interview with John Bolton taken about a month after President Trump's call to Zelinsky in which Bolton said that the call was cordial. That was all Bolton had to say about the call at the time.

If indeed, as the New York Times would like us to believe, that Bolton was horrified and repulsed by Trump's conversation with the Ukraine President, where was that outrage at the time? Bolton seemed totally fine with the call.

I am sure that if Bolton were called to testify before the Senate, a reasonable question for Bolton would be for him to explain why he seemed so satisfied with the President's conversation with Zelinsky if he now was saying it struck him as a "drug deal." Back in the old days when I worked in Employee Relations, this would be the "when were you telling the truth question" to which there is never a good answer.

I would also add that I do find it ironic that the people who seem most interested in seeing more witnesses for impeachment, are the same people who have already made up their mind that Trump is guilty. In essence, for them it seems that they are the last people to worry about more evidence.

upload_2020-1-29_18-20-54.png

DJT Twitter Video

Read this post from another thread.

I suppose some of you have already seen this, but on Fox News I just saw a clip of an interview with John Bolton taken about a month after President Trump's call to Zelinsky in which Bolton said that the call was cordial. That was all Bolton had to say about the call at the time.

If indeed, as the New York Times would like us to believe, that Bolton was horrified and repulsed by Trump's conversation with the Ukraine President, where was that outrage at the time? Bolton seemed totally fine with the call.

I am sure that if Bolton were called to testify before the Senate, a reasonable question for Bolton would be for him to explain why he seemed so satisfied with the President's conversation with Zelinsky if he now was saying it struck him as a "drug deal." Back in the old days when I worked in Employee Relations, this would be the "when were you telling the truth question" to which there is never a good answer.

I would also add that I do find it ironic that the people who seem most interested in seeing more witnesses for impeachment, are the same people who have already made up their mind that Trump is guilty. In essence, for them it seems that they are the last people to worry about more evidence.

View attachment 303288

DJT Twitter Video

Mysterian. An enigma in a well-tailored suit from the Boys Department. A cordial phone call in July in no way contradicts the reported fact that Trump told Bolton in August that the aid was conditioned on announcement of investigations. People are generally cordial with those who are going to give them hundreds of millions of America dollars. Women near US military bases overseas prove that with marvelous regularity at a tiny fraction of the cost.

Adumb Schifferbrains is amazing...............he can produce more lies per 30 seconds than Joe Isuzu on Meth.

I think the entire Bolton manuscript has been leaked by the NSC to Schiff.

He has such a hard on to get Bolton to testify, Shifty has to know more than what was leaked by the New York Times.

Keep
It
Simple
Stupid

I agree. We don't want witnesses. The whole story will come out soon enough, anyway, and the R's can do the most damage to themselves by refusing to hear witnesses.
Your House Clowns had witnesses............did you not see all the video the played of their hearsay witnesses?

Why do you want the Senate to conduct the investigation the Constitution requires the House conduct?

Adumb Schifferbrains is amazing...............he can produce more lies per 30 seconds than Joe Isuzu on Meth.
It is truly amusing how Schiff has got Trumpers all throwing tantrums. That is how good Schiff was.

It is truly amusing how Schiff has got Trumpers all throwing tantrums. That is how good Schiff was.

Really? LMFAO at how many lies Pencil Neck can jam into his time is a "tantrum"?

Perhaps you have no clue what that word means.:21:

Forum List

Back