Senate-Passed Deal Means Higher Tax on 77% of Households

The only way you get your payroll tax back is to go on SS or medi. The money still goes where it was aimed at, regardless of the amount of the earned income tax credit.

Completely incorrect.

First, you NEVER get your money back. The money you pay in goes to pay current recipients. Your payout comes from whoever is paying in at the time you receive benefits.

Second, in the year you paid into social security, you MAY have enough deductions and credits to get back ALL you paid in for income, social security and medicare taxes.

The only way you get your payroll tax back is to go on SS or medi. The money still goes where it was aimed at, regardless of the amount of the earned income tax credit.

Completely incorrect.

First, you NEVER get your money back. The money you pay in goes to pay current recipients. Your payout comes from whoever is paying in at the time you receive benefits.

Second, in the year you paid into social security, you MAY have enough deductions and credits to get back ALL you paid in for income, social security and medicare taxes.
I don't know where you are getting your information, but you do not get a refund for FICA. Someone might get back more money than they paid in (i.e. kgrill) but they do not get back their payroll taxes.

Funny they didn't include that Romney also pays no income tax. :lol:

Funny you are ignoring he donated enough in charitable donations to offset his tax liabilities AND he didn't take all the deduction available to him.

Completely incorrect.

I don't know where you are getting your information, but you do not get a refund for FICA. Someone might get back more money than they paid in (i.e. kgrill) but they do not get back their payroll taxes.

Let's say a person has $750 in income tax liability, $1400 in social security and $425 in medicare. Total of 2,525 BEFORE deductions and credits. Their earned income credit is $4,000. They pay NOTHING and recieve back $1,475. It happens. You can call it whatever you want Ravi.

Completely incorrect.

Let's say a person has $750 in income tax liability, $1400 in social security and $425 in medicare. Total of 2,525 BEFORE deductions and credits. Their earned income credit is $4,000. They pay NOTHING and recieve back $1,475. It happens. You can call it whatever you want Ravi.

Regardless, you were being misleading.

No, you were being misleading, but that has been documented and the proper information given by me.

No, you were being misleading, but that has been documented and the proper information given by me.

:rolleyes:

I commented that LAST year payroll taxes weren't considered income taxes by the nutters and THIS year suddenly they are....your little dance was nothing but a deflection.

:rolleyes:

I commented that LAST year payroll taxes weren't considered income taxes by the nutters and THIS year suddenly they are....your little dance was nothing but a deflection.

...and yet, I never said such a thing now did I? I was clarifying terms. In the end, your take home pay is less and that will effect the economy like I said. YOU are the one who seems intent on deflecting from that point.

For those of you trying to pass this off as an Obama tax increase, try to use your brain for 2 minutes -

If the payroll tax had never been touched in the last 4 years, you could not have said Obama raised the payroll tax, and yet,

you would have paid MORE in payroll taxes.

You did in fact pay LESS in payroll taxes in the past 4 years, and yet you want to call this an Obama tax increase.

That is idiocy.

No..That is liberal spin.

No, it's math. Math is what you learn in real school, which may be why you missed it.

Can anyone show us that bill that Obama signed that raises the payroll tax?

And cite the portion of the bill detailing it?

Did the SS cap get raised or should I say revert back or not? A yes or no will do.. Save your spin. Thanks.

http://money.usnews.com/money/blogs...16/6-ways-social-security-will-change-in-2013

Payroll tax cut scheduled to expire. Workers will pay 6.2 percent of their income into the Social Security system in 2013, up from 4.2 percent in 2012. The temporary payroll tax cut expires at the end of December 2012 under current law.

Higher Social Security tax cap. The maximum amount of earnings subject to Social Security taxes will be $113,700 in 2013, up from $110,100 in 2012. Approximately 10 million people will pay higher taxes as a result of the increase in the taxable maximum.

And save you spin by saying that you said "that Obama signed" Did he push for it to remain?

Last edited:

Let's just say its a higher rate than you paid in 2012. That said, returning it to 6.2% is the responsible thing to do. Not sure right now was best, but time will tell.

Oh, and NYC? It does have higher rates than before for those with higher incomes, so it IS an increase for them.

Last edited:

Did the SS cap get raised or should I say revert back or not? A yes or no will do.. Save your spin. Thanks.

6 Ways Social Security Will Change in 2013 - Planning to Retire (usnews.com)

Payroll tax cut scheduled to expire. Workers will pay 6.2 percent of their income into the Social Security system in 2013, up from 4.2 percent in 2012. The temporary payroll tax cut expires at the end of December 2012 under current law.

Higher Social Security tax cap. The maximum amount of earnings subject to Social Security taxes will be $113,700 in 2013, up from $110,100 in 2012. Approximately 10 million people will pay higher taxes as a result of the increase in the taxable maximum.

And save you spin by saying that you said "that Obama signed" Did he push for it to remain?

So you can't show us any such bill. You wasted a lot of space saying that.

Let's just say its a higher rate than you paid in 2012. That said, returning it to 6.2% is the responsible thing to do. Not sure right now was best, but time will tell.

Oh, and NYC? It does have higher rates than before for those with higher incomes, so it IS an increase for them.

Never cutting it in the first place was the responsible thing to do.

Never cutting it in the first place was the responsible thing to do.

It was a Democratic led Congress that passed the social security reduction.

Hey, I'm still paying for the unemployment mess. My rates are triple what they used to be and I have no claims at all.

6 Ways Social Security Will Change in 2013 - Planning to Retire (usnews.com)

So you can't show us any such bill. You wasted a lot of space saying that.

You life is a waste of space as well as your piss poor dancing. Evasive much? I preempted your reply and in your infinite stupidity you replied as expected anyway. :clap2: Polly want a cracker?

Now try replying to what was said or admit you're a fucking jerkoff who has no reply. But most of us know that so...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back