Sensible gun control

Just ban the carrying of loaded weapons in the street

There is no reason why on the street today a citizen should be carrying loaded weapons

The proposal would work no hardship on honest citizens
Only the ones who might need a firearm to protect themselves. It won't affect piece of shit criminals at all.

Do you think banks should be required to allow open carry, inside the bank, by anyone who enters?

Nope.

I don't think anyone should be required to do anything.

So why should a city be required to keep handgun ownership legal?

Uh because it's a guaranteed right.

So one minute no one should be required to do anything, but in the next minute I prove you were full of shit to say that.

Sensible & solutions don't apply to guns.

The Trumptard gun nuts on USMB have been ranting for days now that the FBI fucked up by not confiscating the school shooters guns.

But for as long as I've been here, that same crowd ranted that gun confiscation was the evil goal of the evil liberals,
and all their gun control proposals were designed to eventually accomplish that goal.

They could have followed the law and determined whether or not the guy was mentally ill then they could have seized his guns.

It's called due process

The Trumptard gun nuts on USMB have been ranting for days now that the FBI fucked up by not confiscating the school shooters guns.

But for as long as I've been here, that same crowd ranted that gun confiscation was the evil goal of the evil liberals,
and all their gun control proposals were designed to eventually accomplish that goal.

The FBI could have begun a judicial process to find the shooter mentally unstable, and then via due process relieved him of his firearms.

Or they could have informed the local police and they could have done the same thing.

or his foster parents could have started the process, or teachers and administrators at the school.

Only the ones who might need a firearm to protect themselves. It won't affect piece of shit criminals at all.

Do you think banks should be required to allow open carry, inside the bank, by anyone who enters?

Nope.

Uh because it's a guaranteed right.

So one minute no one should be required to do anything, but in the next minute I prove you were full of shit to say that.
The fact that it's a right in no way means one is required to exercise it only that one may choose of his own free will to exercise it.

There is no reason why on the street today a citizen should be carrying loaded weapons

Nope.

The government isn't anyone, it's the government, and it's prevented from infringing on RKBA by the 2nd amendment.

But you can only enforce that by REQUIRING people to obey it, and you said no one should be required to do anything.

lol, oops.

The FBI could have begun a judicial process to find the shooter mentally unstable, and then via due process relieved him of his firearms.

Or they could have informed the local police and they could have done the same thing.

or his foster parents could have started the process, or teachers and administrators at the school.

So you endorse confiscation. lol

How about the fact that the shooter can buy guns in Florida without a background check?

Nope.

The government isn't anyone, it's the government, and it's prevented from infringing on RKBA by the 2nd amendment.

But you can only enforce that by REQUIRING people to obey it, and you said no one should be required to do anything.

lol, oops.

You don't seem to know how laws work.

Something can be illegal that in no way requires anyone to not commit an illegal act.
If they commit an illegal act then something can be done about it

Nope.

lol, oops.

No he said it, in that specific case.

Attempted gotcha moment fail.

So you endorse confiscation. lol

How about the fact that the shooter can buy guns in Florida without a background check?

I endorse taking the guns from convicted felons and those adjudicated as mentally incompetent. That is confiscation ONLY AFTER due process.

Now we can talk about taking the guns while the person is on trial/under evaluation, but the problem with that is progressives seem to take things like this and try to expand them beyond their original scope.

Criminals will obey that law...

Just like they obey all the other laws...

( Yes, Sarcasm )

Nope.

lol, oops.

No, he said:

Nope.

lol, oops.

No, he said:

In response to a specific question about carrying in a bank.

It's not my idea......it's called the Mulford Act

It is how Conservatives react to armed black people in the streets. Seems the Black Panthers were marching up and down the street with loaded rifles. What the NRA calls their second amendment freedoms

It was signed into law by Governor Ronald Reagan

Both Republicans and Democrats in California supported increased gun control. Governor Ronald Reagan was present when the protesters arrived and later commented that he saw "no reason why on the street today a citizen should be carrying loaded weapons" and that guns were a "ridiculous way to solve problems that have to be solved among people of good will." In a later press conference, Reagan added that the Mulford Act "would work no hardship on the honest citizen."

The bill was signed by Reagan and became California penal code 25850 and 171c.

Forum List

Back