"Sequestration Will Help Economy"

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
Americans For Prosperity: Sequestration Will Help Economy

Americans for Prosperity, a conservative advocacy group founded by the Koch brothers, says that lawmakers should be commended for doing nothing to prevent billions of dollars in across-the-board spending cuts, known as sequestration.

"With the sequester, Congress made a promise to the American people to cut spending. They deserve to be congratulated for actually keeping that promise," Levi Russell, a spokesman for Americans for Prosperity, wrote in an email to The Huffington Post Monday. "It definitely wasn't easy given the pressure from the White House."

"We feel absolutely that government overspending is the greatest threat to American prosperity," he added.

The conservative group funded by billionaires Charles and David Koch also sent its subscribers an email Saturday arguing its case.

(Email at the link)

Okay, so, just liked tax cuts for the wealthy will someday result in a job or two, taking the food out of the mouths of the elderly and children will help our economy. And, the Rs can keep lying about wanting to cut the deficit while they're pushing for $4TRILLION in unneeded military spending to build 15 warships every year.

Boehner has been a House member since 1990 – 23 years

McConnell has been a Senator since 1984 –29 years

Both Boehner and McConnell have refused to cut spending and have, in FACT, spent trillions every year. If they really wanted to cut spending, why didn't they?

President Obama has been President since 2009 – 4 years and has CUT the deficit by $300 billion and is the smallest government spender since Eisenhower.

And, now this SHIT from the Kochs. And, the rw's will just roll over and take it.

I agree it will help. Too bad the President of the United States of America wants to make it as hard on the people as possible. The Republican Rino's offered Obama the power to make the cuts less uncomfortable and he said no thanks. I wonder how anyone can support a President that is willing to harm people to win a political victory. I expect to see his poll numbers drop. If you want to see them drop don't look for it on American media.

Forum List

Back