Service Workers at America’s Biggest Companies, like Dunkin’ Donuts, Burger King, & Dollar General, Still Don’t Make $15 an Hour, CEO Pay skyrocketing

I am 100% against an artificial minimum wage at any level besides maybe at the city/town level.

That said, the idea that these companies cannot pay 15 an hour is a joke. If the local mom and pop ice cream shop can pay above 15 an hour and thrive then so can these larger companies.
how do you know the local mom and pop are paying that??

Thousands of workers in food service, hospitality and retail are still making below $15 an hour, including the majority of workers at big-box stores and discount retailers.
Did they voluntarily apply and accept the wage offered for the job?

When you pay 15 an hour you will lose the entire business or gurantee you will lose multiple jobs.
The companies can nOT afford to pay out this money and the taxes are going to kill US businesses.

AGAIN , WE ARE LOSING OUR NATION THE VERY FABRIC OF MOM AND POP STORES GONE— for big corporations like all those pretty names you know who take over your fkn life but your too gawd dam stupid to see the forest through the trees.
That is the argument that large corporations use when they off shore American jobs.
We cant afford to pay American workers so we will get cheap asians to do it instead.

You make the globalist argument.

Percent of workers paid less than $15/hr:

Dollar General: 92%

McDonald’s: 89%

Wendy’s: 87%

Wyndham: 87%

Sonic: 85%

Burger King: 83%

Big Lots: 80%

Subway: 78%

Kohl’s: 78%

Pizza Hut: 75%

Gap: 72%

It’s not a labor shortage. It’s a shortage of jobs that pay a living wage

no such thing as a living wage,,

Would you pay $20 for this?... of course not...

1650468728680.png

The people who work those jobs are all living, so by definition, they pay a "living" wage.

Just yesterday I watched a video of Prof. Richard Wolfe saying that some southern states have 40% of the people working at or below the poverty level. I could try to find the video if anybody asks appropriately.

I wouldn't...so don't cause McDonalds to have to charge that much.... numbers do not lie...and running a business should be a 10th grade class requirement....
If McDonalds charged $20 for a burger, no one would buy them and the price would come back down.

If McDonalds charged $20 for a burger, no one would buy them and the price would come back down.
Bingo...you get a cigar.....so you can't force them to pay $15 an hour...especially while there are Biden illegals willing to take $8....
All it will do is cause McD's to go under...is that what you want?....

Thousands of workers in food service, hospitality and retail are still making below $15 an hour, including the majority of workers at big-box stores and discount retailers.

/——-/ The workers should protest by getting training and skill sets for higher paying careers. Then food service companies would be forced to hire unskilled teens and give them work experience and a sense of responsibility. That will teach ‘em.

/——-/ The workers should protest by getting training and skill sets for higher paying careers. Then food service companies would be forced to hire unskilled teens and give them work experience and a sense of responsibility.
Not one person at my local McDonald's can speak English well enough to understand what they are saying....
Joe's illegals work in fast food today....

OK so one example and you claim its the same across the country,,,

yeah right,, to bad your reputation for lying precedes you,,
They have to have minimal skill labor to fill the minimal skill jobs. That dosen't mean even minimal skill workers are going to work for less than $15.00. They might want to eat or rent a place to live. Groceries and housing going down where you live? Labor is THE biggest long term recurring resource cost in any small business. If you are not prepared to pay it, you will not have that resource, you will have shittier service than you do now, and people like me will not shop there, just to support small business. If you can't wrap your head around that, maybe being a small business owner isn't for you.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back